Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
I mean seriously, do you think an entry level job that lasted a mere 2 years is really that important?

...the left has and will continue to go back on Romney 45+ years ago...so yes....it does matter unless you have a "D" by your name.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
...the left has and will continue to go back on Romney 45+ years ago...so yes....it does matter unless you have a "D" by your name.....
Tried to rep you,but have to spread more around first.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
As usual, with this administration and President. Hypocrisy of the best kind. Ok for me, but not for you. Don't work that way Mr. President. Too bad, that media, don't touch upon, those negative things you do.
Knowing The crazy Biden, i smell a dirty deal. Give me anything you can, no matter how small, on Romeny.

Get a hint, most people care widely about our economy, and why you have done nothing to fix it, remember Hope n' Change, unity, less unemployment below 8% thriving businesses, lower taxes, think your have a memory loss.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,317,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Obama puts another Bain alum in his budget office | WashingtonExaminer.com

I am sure he wishes this would be kept under wraps, but since he has lost his 'Mesiah' status, some of the media is finally starting to out him.

If Bain is so bad, why did Obammy pick 2 former Bain consultants.....Jeff Zients to lead the Office of Management and Budget and recently, Boris Bershteyn to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. OIRA is part of OMB.

In typical, hypocritical, fashion Bershteyns Bain connection was left out of his white house bio. Kinda left Obama has left a lot out of his own bio.

But obummer sure will attack Romneys connections to Bain! What a lousy excuse of a man.
This is not surprising at all.

Why?

Because the Democrats and Republicans that are actually IN OFFICE, IN POWER are on the same team! They're two sides of the same coin. Remember the election rivalry between Bush and Kerry? They were both in the elite secret society Skull and Bones. Two sides of the same coin! These parties should simply combine and refer to themselves as "Republicrats" and call it a day already!

They do not serve the people of the USA, they serve the corporations of the USA. It is not a democracy, it is a corpocracy.

Of course he is going to hand out jobs to Bain alumni!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The President or his supporters haven't singled-out Bain per se for criticism, but, rather, the decisions Mr. Romney made when he was the leader of Bain. There's a difference I don't expect the wing-nuts to understand. There have been some sizeable political contributions to the Obama campaign this year from Bain employees/executives. Probably from people who know Mr. Romney or his reputation better than we do and who will work hard to prevent him from being hired as President of the USA.
You have absolutely ZERO clue what you're talking about. Many of the attacks on Romney referenced events that happened after he left Bain, which mean the attacks themselves are an attack on Bain. Lies and distortions. It's all you folks know.
Quote:
Bain Capital, the venture capital firm founded by Romney in 1984, is the focus of the Obama campaign’s attacks. There is no question that Bain invested in some companies that helped other companies outsource work and that some of that work went overseas. That was the core business for Modus Media and SMTC Corp. — two outsource companies featured in a June 21 article in the Washington Post that has been the basis of recent Obama TV ads. Bain also invested in U.S.-based companies that sold goods manufactured here and abroad, and some of those companies closed U.S. facilities and eliminated U.S. jobs.

But after reviewing numerous corporate filings with the Securities and Exchange
Commission, contemporary news accounts, company histories and press releases, and the
evidence offered by both the Obama and Romney campaigns, we found no evidence to support the claim that Romney — while he was still running Bain Capital — shipped American jobs overseas.
You have no shame at all do you?

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-...cer-overreach/

Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then the Democrats are complete morons for even focusing on that. My biggest concern with Romney is that he hasn't been in an executive government position in five years. He may have been an okay governor in the past but the economy was completely different back then so we have no idea how his policies would work in this present economy. It may have been more prudent to pick a current governor such as Rick Perry as the presidential candidate rather than Romney.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The President or his supporters haven't singled-out Bain per se for criticism, but, rather, the decisions Mr. Romney made when he was the leader of Bain. There's a difference I don't expect the wing-nuts to understand.
Likewise, I wouldn't expect left-wing-nuts to bother knowing what the hell they're talking about.

Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-bain-capital/

Democratic South Carolina Rep. James Clyburn, in an attempt to back up the Obama campaign, went so far Tuesday as to claim Bain was "raping" other companies.

"There is something about raping companies and leaving them in debt and setting up Swiss bank accounts and corporations and businesses in the Grand Caymans. I have a real serious problem with that," Clyburn told MSNBC.

That was just one quote I found, rather easily. There are many, many more. Perhaps you should consider some fresh news sources. DemocraticUnderground and DailyKos don't really provide you with everything you should see. Unless, that is, you don't mind being a "low information voter."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies