Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Both Islam and Catholicism should be firmly rejected by the Dems. Both organizations are sexist, backwards, stupid, crazy cults run by old men. I have no idea why I'm supposed to welcome members of either the Cult of the Burka or the Cult of the Fetus Worshipper.
Is this the official position of the cult of the human fetus murderers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
DNC is a registered trademark. So it's either an approved activity by the DNC, or the DNC should sue them for infringement.
Since it's being promoted on the website run by the city of Charlotte on behalf of the DNC, then it's pretty clear that it's an approved activity.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
All your quotes are from a message board! lol

Do you always take anonymous message board posts as the gospel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl
It's not even snopes, it's a message board on snopes. She's quoting random anonymous posters as if they were authorities.

Really? Did I not preface my post with: "My favorite posts from the above link:"?

I don't take what the posts said as gospel. I verified for myself, given the information they helpfully provided to DEBUNK the assertions of people like SourD, who in fact did NOT take the time to do her research before posting this trash piece of a thread.

Proof positive you can lead right wing nutjob dingbats to water, but you can't make them drink.

3,484 posts, read 2,872,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, just believe what another poster put up with absolutely no facts, but biased snopes? Yeah, ok. Read my last post, what does that website say?
Because it's not the first time I've read about Dolan. He sucks. I'm glad the Dems have told him to shove it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/us...o-abusers.html

Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan of New York authorized payments of as much as $20,000 to sexually abusive priests as an incentive for them to agree to dismissal from the priesthood when he was the archbishop of Milwaukee.

So this jerk whines that tax dollars might go to fund health care for women . . . and then authorizes tax exempt money to be paid to pedophiles.

He's a sexist, pedophile excusing swine who belongs behind bars for collusion with crimes. How can you defend him?

Hilarious, through all the denials, BIMA itself says this:

Quote:
bima has been authorized by the democratic national convention (dnc) to conduct jumah prayer as well as host festivities and islamically related functions

http://muslimbureau.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DNC-BROCHURE-FINAL.pdf

Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
DNC is a registered trademark. So it's either an approved activity by the DNC, or the DNC should sue them for infringement.
Since it's being promoted on the website run by the city of Charlotte on behalf of the DNC, then it's pretty clear that it's an approved activity.

From the Charlotte2012 website:

Upcoming Events

This events page is intended to give local residents and convention-goers a comprehensive look at convention week activities and should not be considered an endorsement of any particular event or group by the Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee or the Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC). Official convention events are denoted with the Charlotte in 2012 or DNCC logos. All other submissions are user generated.

Charlotte in 2012: Upcoming Events

And just so you and the others who have wound your panties in such a knot in this issue understand, THIS is an officially sponsored DNC event:

Charlotte in 2012: Upcoming Events

NOT the Muslim events, NOT the Christian Gospel breakfast (also being during this "event week")!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Really? Did I not preface my post with: "My favorite posts from the above link:"?

I don't take what the posts said as gospel. I verified for myself, given the information they helpfully provided to DEBUNK the assertions of people like SourD, who in fact did NOT take the time to do her research before posting this trash piece of a thread.

Proof positive you can lead right wing nutjob dingbats to water, but you can't make them drink.
You verfied where? The BIMA publication says they were authorized by the DNC to hold these events as part of the convention. Lol
You didn't debunk a darn thing. You read a biased message board and got the wrong information. Must be embarrassing when the official documents tell the truth.

Let me help you:
Quote:
bima has been authorized by the democratic national convention (dnc) to conduct jumah prayer as well as host festivities and islamically related functions
http://muslimbureau.com/wp-content/u...HURE-FINAL.pdf

Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
You verfied where? The BIMA publication says they were authorized by the DNC to hold these events as part of the convention. Lol
You didn't debunk a darn thing. You read a biased message board and got the wrong information. Must be embarrassing when the official documents tell the truth.

Let me help you:

http://muslimbureau.com/wp-content/u...HURE-FINAL.pdf
OUCH! That's gonna flame some comrade's butts!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:

The original premise of this thread is that "Obama" (and the DNC) gave the cold shoulder to some Catholic bishop in favor of "opening" the convention with Islamic Prayer.

That is false. Proven false not only by Snopes, but every other reliable source.

The prayer event is actually FOUR DAYS before the convention either starts, but you crack right wing geniuses never were much for details, are you?

The DNC and the Charlotte organization hosting TONS of events.... doesn't mean that EVERYTHING listed are actual DNC events, even if "authorized"! The DNC events are the DNC events.

OTHER EVENTS "authorized" by the DNC are Christian gospel prayer breakfasts, a "Nuns on the Bus" event (guess the DNC isn't so "ANTI CATHOLIC" after all), Jewish meetings, and a morning prayer gathering.

These are not events being organized, hosted, or funded by the DNC. If it's not on the DNC Calendar of events.... the REAL DNC Calendar of events.

What did you want? For the DNC to say, "no way, we don't want any stinky Muslims having any events associated with the convention!"

In other words, you fail, the thread fails, the countless blogs that perpetuated this lie because they know their readership is dumb as rocks.... FAILED.

Good day, madam. May I suggest you quit while you maintain a MODICUM of dignity left?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The original premise of this thread is that "Obama" (and the DNC) gave the cold shoulder to some Catholic bishop in favor of "opening" the convention with Islamic Prayer.

That is false. Proven false not only by Snopes, but every other reliable source.

The prayer event is actually FOUR DAYS before the convention either starts, but you crack right wing geniuses never were much for details, are you?

The DNC and the Charlotte organization hosting TONS of events.... doesn't mean they are DNC events! The DNC events are the DNC events.

OTHER EVENTS "authorized" by the DNC are Christian gospel prayer breakfasts, a "Nuns on the Bus" event, Jewish meetings, and a morning prayer gathering.

These are not events being organized, hosted, or funded by the DNC.

In other words, you fail, the thread fails, the countless blogs that perpetuated this lie because they know their readership is dumb as rocks.... FAILED.

Good day, madam. May I suggest you quit while you maintain a MODICUM of dignity left?
Nope you failed, it is being sponsored by the DNC as Brentwoodgirl posted. Thanks for trying though!

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies