Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
No. I hate Islam. Loathe it. Despise it. I'd rather kill myself that live in Saudi Arabia or under the Taliban. But I feel the same way about the Catholic extremist on your veep ticket who describes rape as just another means of conception and the moron running for senate who thinks women are lying when they say they get pregnant after they've been raped. I don't want to live in a country governed by pedophile shielding, women hating, sexist, homophobic old men either.

In many important ways the Republicans are hardly any better than the Muslims.
YAWNNNNNN!!!!!!!! Go support your local mosque and hate on some women and gays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LAMO. How does Islam NOT go against the DNC platform? Make me laugh and spin this PLEASE!

Christianity does as well. What's your point?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

"Islam is Peace" Says President.... Bush.

"Islam is Peace" Says President

Oops.
I don't care what GWB said. I care more about what the CURRENT POTUS supports. He supports oppression by Islam.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So Muslims are holding an event to welcome a Muslim. Meanwhile the Dems are refusing to welcome a Catholic official who pays off pedophiles. And we're supposed to be angry about this why?
Actually, the DNC is welcoming Cardinal Dolan and his blessing.

Top Cardinal to pray for Democrats as well as GOP

This entire thread is a lie.

The DNC is not sponsoring or authorizing or otherwise associated with the Islamic event.

And Cardinal Dolan will offer a closing blessing at both the Republican and Democratic conventions.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Christianity does as well. What's your point?
Then you better start purging the Christians and Catholics out of the DNC then, because there are MANY! You're posts are jokes.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LAMO. How does Islam NOT go against the DNC platform? Make me laugh and spin this PLEASE!

Perhaps you could tell us all the ways that Islam *does* go against the Democratic platform?

Also, why don't you want to address any of my points in my earlier post? I suspect it is because you don't have any good answers... I'll quote it again for you, so you don't have to go back through the pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Not off topic at all. You're certain this is being held "at the DNC" - so show us what other events are being held at that location.

Oh, by the way - the "Charlotte in 2012" website is not affiliated with the DNC at all. If you had taken 2 mins to read the website you'd have found this:

The Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by the city of Charlotte to fulfill obligations of the master contract with the Democratic National Convention Committee. In addition to those obligations, Charlotte in 2012 works to engage the citizens of Charlotte and the Carolinas through business and civic opportunities, ensure that the Convention leaves a positive lasting legacy, and tell Charlotte and the region's story to the nation and the world.

Charlotte in 2012: ABOUT

Are you going to claim that all of these events are affiliate with the DNC, too? They're all listed on the same page as the Jumah prayer in Marhsall Park.

Charlotte in 2012: Upcoming Events

Oh, those wacky Dems just love their college tailgate parties, don't they? It MUST be affiliated with the DNC. Same with the NASCAR Hall of Fame - we all know how progressive and liberal the NASCAR fanbase is.

I'm also sure you missed the other prayer gathering, right?

Charlotte in 2012: Upcoming Events_

You know, the one you actually need to be credentialed to attend? Now THAT one *is* affiliated with the DNC. Notice it is listed as being organized by the DNC/DNCC?

Who is organizing the Jumah, again? You know, the Jumah prayer that you DON'T need to be credentialed to attend?

As I said, Sour, you're stretching. A LOT.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, the DNC is welcoming Cardinal Dolan and his blessing.

Top Cardinal to pray for Democrats as well as GOP

This entire thread is a lie.

The DNC is not sponsoring or authorizing or otherwise associated with the Islamic event.

And Cardinal Dolan will offer a closing blessing at both the Republican and Democratic conventions.
This all just happened today, so the thread was not a lie at the time. And AGAIN! Read the damn links! The DNC AUTHORIZED the Jumah prayer events.

Quote:
bima has been authorized by the democratic national convention (dnc) to conduct jumah prayer as well as host festivities and islamically related functions

Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you could tell us all the ways that Islam *does* go against the Democratic platform?
If you seriously have to ask, you shouldn't be voting. Unless you know something about the DNC platform that you are willing to reveal.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Are you refusing to answer, then?

I see you also continue to ignore the points I raised in direct response to one of your earlier posts. Why?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:

Also, why don't you want to address any of my points in my earlier post? I suspect it is because you don't have any good answers...
Really ? You ask that.

Ok, their treatment and entire outlook on women for starters.
Women are NOT equal under Islam. Allah said so in the Koran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies