Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times

Advertisements

I used to come on this forum to debate. Then I came to find out this forum was good for nothing but laughs at right wingers.

This thread proved it.

Thank you again and again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Actions speak louder than words. Who is it that is doing all the killing and maiming of women and homosexuals all over the globe today?
I think there are plenty of people worldwide commting atrocities in the name of religion. Plenty of violence against both groups in countries that are majority christian.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Explain why think the cardinal should speak. The guy paid off pedophiles. Yet you seemed to think it was awful he wasn't going to be allowed to speak at the Dem convention. He's just as bad as any Imam. Yet not a word of condemnation from you.

Why?
Learn about one of the speakers at the event:
http://www.investigativeproject.org/..._docs/1664.pdf

BTW: This is what the thread is about, the extremist positions of the speakers.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I think there are plenty of people worldwide commting atrocities in the name of religion. Plenty of violence against both groups in countries that are majority christian.
Cite?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:

Funny, that's not what the title of the thread says.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Funny, that's not what the title of the thread says.
I copied the title from the article. It is about the DNC "authorizing" extremists to hold an event under their endorsement. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:

I told you I don't like Islam. But you are screeching that the Imam is speaking yet strangely content that a guy who paid off pedophiles is also speaking there. Why the condemnation for one and not the other? Your entire OP is based around the premise that the Cardinal, who did in fact, pay off known pedophiles and essentially shield them from the police, should be allowed a voice.

Why? Why is Cardinal Dalton, by all accounts a rather horrible human being, given your sanction? Is it because the guy's Christian? Because is sure looks that way. How is that not a hypocritical double standard of the worst sort?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:08 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
I copied the title from the article. It is about the DNC "authorizing" extremists to hold an event under their endorsement. My apologies if that wasn't clear.
One of those extremists being the cardinal. Yet you apparently approve of him. You have yet to say he sucks. Instead all we hear from you is the same lame rant: the Dems suck and they hate Christanity.

Why?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I told you I don't like Islam. But you are screeching that the Imam is speaking yet strangely content that a guy who paid off pedophiles is also speaking there. Why the condemnation for one and not the other? Your entire OP is based around the premise that the Cardinal, who did in fact, pay off known pedophiles and essentially shield them from the police, should be allowed a voice.

Why? Why is Cardinal Dalton, by all accounts a rather horrible human being, given your sanction? Is it because the guy's Christian? Because is sure looks that way. How is that not a hypocritical double standard of the worst sort?
I couldn't care any less about Dolan speaking or not. I DO care about the administration in power cozying up to extremists who support the killing of Americans.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Democratic National Convention to Host Islamic Jumah Prayers with Jibril Hough, Siraj Wahhaj | Video | TheBlaze.com

Nope, Obama's not a Muslim.... NOT! Who wants to try and defend this? Having radicals have a 2 hour prayer at their convention while they deny a Cardinal's prayer? Come on Lefties! Separation of church and state? Why a 2 hour Islamic prayer at a Political convention?
Oh yes those dems are at it again, can you imagine the lot of them?

The Bureau of Indigenous Muslim Affairs?

What kinda hogwash is this? We have "indigenous" muslims in the USA?

BIMA - Bureau of Indigenous Muslim Affairs

Quote:
THE BUREAU OF INDEGENOUS MUSLIM AFFAIRS (BIMA) IS A NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION SEEKING STATUS WITH THE UNITED NATIONS AS A NON GOVERMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGO). BIMA WAS FOUNDED IN 1992 BY THE LATE HAJJ HESHAAM JAABER. THE OBJECTIVE OF BIMA IS TO PROVIDE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TO INDIGENOUS MUSLIMS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Spoiler

There are a lot of typos on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies