Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 02:47 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But SourD, it doesn't have a logo and those posters say it's only official if it has a logo.

Logo be damned..there are multiple (more than 3) Muslim events scheduled in Charlotte before, during, after the DNC and they are there to support the Dems. Yet, from the looks of posts here, the Dems want nothing to do with the Muslims.

I guess it's just coincidence that their events are in Charlotte and right before, during, after the DNC convention.
Nice way of spinning it to make up for a blatant lie. The DNC website has no such Muslim Jumah scheduled. I suppose they could have cancelled it after they read the OP's thread, but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 02:47 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yep, punish your enemies and reward your friends.
Hullo!

It has nothing to do with punish/reward.

Let's say you are having a luncheon to celebrate your boss's 25th anniversary with the company. And Winifred in accounting has been going around talking about the boss, trying to get him fired. She reports him if he's 30 seconds late arriving at work. She reports him if takes a long lunch. She reports him if he wears a polo shirt and khakis instead of wearing a suit. She wants him gone. Anyway, just last week Winifred spoke at her boss's 10th anniversary luncheon, gave a very nice speech. And she offers to give a speech at your boss's luncheon. Do you leap at the offer, oh, yes, Winifred, that would be so nice??!!! Or do you pause, wondering if you can be sure Winifred will play nice?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
But SourD, it doesn't have a logo and those posters say it's only official if it has a logo.

Logo be damned..there are multiple (more than 3) Muslim events scheduled in Charlotte before, during, after the DNC and they are there to support the Dems. Yet, from the looks of posts here, the Dems want nothing to do with the Muslims.

I guess it's just coincidence that their events are in Charlotte and right before, during, after the DNC convention.

Because BIMA wants to be associated with the DNC, and has the legal ability to host their events in Charlotte at the same time, does not mean the DNC supports their association in any way.

I, for one, support Muslims exactly as much as I support Christians and Buddhists and Shinto and Hindu and...

Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Nice way of spinning it to make up for a blatant lie. The DNC website has no such Muslim Jumah scheduled. I suppose they could have cancelled it after they read the OP's thread, but I doubt it.
The DNC website doesn't have any of the events listed.
Their last press release is 8/14 and they have no mention of the convention or events.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
It has words. Can't you read English ?
Indeed I can. Especially the part where it says items on the event page without the DNCC or Charlotte in 2012 logo associated with them are user generated.

Can you read and comprehend English?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Because BIMA wants to be associated with the DNC, and has the legal ability to host their events in Charlotte at the same time, does not mean the DNC supports their association in any way.

I, for one, support Muslims exactly as much as I support Christians and Buddhists and Shinto and Hindu and...
There are more moderate Muslim groups out there than BIMA though.
Just associates Muslim extremists with the Democratic Party.
But, maybe that is the impression BIMA wanted to present. If so, it worked.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Indeed I can. Especially the part where it says items on the event page without the DNCC or Charlotte in 2012 logo associated with them are user generated.

Can you read and comprehend English?
apparently not. Isn't he one of those "English Only" supporters? If so, the irony is amazing

Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Well Dems..enjoy your "Color Me Muslim" dance before the convention begins

Old 08-28-2012, 03:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
The DNC website doesn't have any of the events listed.
Their last press release is 8/14 and they have no mention of the convention or events.
That's because they have an entire website dedicated to the convention.

The schedule of speakers and of caucuses and meetings is available.

Caucuses and Councils - 2012 Democratic National Convention | 2012 Democratic National Convention

Old 08-28-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
There are more moderate Muslim groups out there than BIMA though.
I'm sure there are. Your point is...?

Quote:
Just associates Muslim extremists with the Democratic Party.
Only to people being willfully blind because they *want* to see an association, and those people are beyond help.

Quote:
But, maybe that is the impression BIMA wanted to present. If so, it worked.
Perhaps in your eyes it did, I can't speak to that. For rational people who took the time to look into the details of the website, it did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies