Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 11:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'll wait for Wasserman Schultz to speak. The flyer says it all.
Wouldn't it be illegal to say the DNC authorized your events when they didn't ?
Hasn't this hit the MSM in a big way that the DNC is aware of what BIMA printed ?

Why the silence from the DNC ?

Lefties should be defending this, not pushing it away. They're all for tolerance to the Muslims in America.
And I find that very funny that they keep saying it's not part of the "official" DNC Convention.
They expect up to 20K Muslims and I'm sure the Dems want the Muslim vote so they won't say anything to rock the boat. The DNC folks will just keep their mouths shut because no matter which way they go on this they will lose votes if they come out with a statement.
I have to say, this story hasn't hit the MSM at all. Conservative blogs may be gushing over this non-story. The MSM, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 11:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
LMAO. EVERYTHING this administration is caught doing is a mistake of some sort eh?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The MSM, not so much.
Oh, I wonder why!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:13 AM

Learn about one of the Imam speakers at that event:
http://www.investigativeproject.org/..._docs/1664.pdf

Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I reject the basic tenants of all religions. They are all based on hearsay and magic. Hearsay has always been useless (as much of this thread) and there is no magic.

Religion of any kind has always been the primary threat to the freedom of people and has always been the justification for enslaving women. The societies that result from this nonsense are abominations that reduce all people (except the priests) to the category of frightened children or fanatically insane murderers.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I don't know why any Catholic would be at the DNC after obama has tried to take away their rights about birth control.
I didn't know he was forcing Catholics to have abortions........

Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
Quote:
I'll wait for Wasserman Schultz to speak. The flyer says it all.
Wouldn't it be illegal to say the DNC authorized your events when they didn't ?
Hasn't this hit the MSM in a big way that the DNC is aware of what BIMA printed ?

Why the silence from the DNC ?

Lefties should be defending this, not pushing it away. They're all for tolerance to the Muslims in America.
And I find that very funny that they keep saying it's not part of the "official" DNC Convention.
They expect up to 20K Muslims and I'm sure the Dems want the Muslim vote so they won't say anything to rock the boat. The DNC folks will just keep their mouths shut because no matter which way they go on this they will lose votes if they come out with a statement.

Wouldn't it be racist, ethnocentric, and anti freedom of religion and speech to ban a event solely because it is Muslim?

I mean I can't see anything particularly offensive about the plan. Definitely not as offensive as some of the other religious groups events:
"Muslims to participate in this event, Jumah at the DNC, is to make the general public aware that the Muslim community is a healthy and vibrant component to the American society. This platform is non-partisan; meaning that it is not an endorsement of any political candidate or elected official. It is intended to address the concerns and issues that are challenging to the American Muslim citizens in the 21st century." from Charlotte in 2012: Upcoming Events

Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
Quote:
Really ? You ask that.

Ok, their treatment and entire outlook on women for starters.
Women are NOT equal under Islam. Allah said so in the Koran.
Women aren't equal in the bible either so what is your point?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes they do. I posted the actual screen shot of the Charlotte in 2012 website and it says right there that the prayer is "At the Democratic National Convention".
Yep. You're absolutely correct. It's available to the participants at the Democratic National Convention.

Just like all the strip joints/lap dancers in Tampa are available to the participants of the Republican National Convention.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,005 times
The Cardinal who will offer a prayer at the Republican convention will, likewise, offer a prayer at the Democratic convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies