Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh give it up. It is part of the DNC. They are trying to appease the Brotherhood, which they have connections with.

The end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Let the baby killers stand next to the women and homosexual killers. A match made in heaven! I see this thread got a ton of Lefties all upset. They hate it when their agenda is exposed.

893 posts, read 1,207,601 times
The stupidity and ignorance in this thread is unbelievable... like, do you guys seriously believe the things you post, or is this just a massive trollfest?

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Democratic National Convention to Host Islamic Jumah Prayers with Jibril Hough, Siraj Wahhaj | Video | TheBlaze.com

Nope, Obama's not a Muslim.... NOT! Who wants to try and defend this? Having radicals have a 2 hour prayer at their convention while they deny a Cardinal's prayer? Come on Lefties! Separation of church and state? Why a 2 hour Islamic prayer at a Political convention?
17 Afgans beheaded ....for dancing. This is the direction the DNC is taking and supporting? Radical Islam will run over peaceful Muslims and history will repeat this. So this is the DNC's platform for bringing the country out of a depression? The republican party is not the party of nuts....the DNC is.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If this is true, which I doubt, it is a good question. I object to any religious blessing of a secular event unless all the religions get a chance.

I suggest a simple blessing for both conventions. "Lord Mammon bless the wealth of all of us and let the looting resume."

FWIW - This Liberal Democrat is even more opposed to mixing Islam into government or society than I am to the rest of the delusions. A free society can live with the Jews and Christians but never with Islam.
You are so right. 17 beheaded for dancing for crying out loud. This is what we do not need to embrace but stand together against such oppression. If I were a woman at the DNC convention I would be outraged.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Which speaker at the DNC is going to talk about the murders in Egypt? Are they going to play it alongside of Hillary and Obama and Code Pinko cheering for the Arab Spring?

Muslim Brotherhood and the killing and persecution of Christians in Egypt - Watertown Tea Party | Examiner.com

How about one of their female speakers? Maybe they can have a woman from Code Pink speak on the subject.
i'm sure one of the bozos in the vagina outfits would be happy to oblige.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are a host of events leading up to the Convention. Among them are a few Islamic events, the Jumah, a festival and a banquet. There's also a NASCAR event and a Gospel Brunch.

Who knows who approved these events but the fact remains that they were approved and are happening right before the DNC at the Convention site. I just see this as part of the Dem party on tolerance for the Islam in America.

The events were approved by the Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee or the Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) and there is a disclaimer on the site that the events aren't endorsements by the party.

Here's a list of all the events leading up to the DNC Convention:
Charlotte in 2012: Upcoming Events

Marshall Park is *not* the site of the DNC.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm sure one of the bozos in the vagina outfits would be happy to oblige.
Wouldn't that be like volunteering for Sharia compliant female circumcision?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
It's part of the convention and authorized by the DNC to be as such. PWNED!
It's not part of the convention, and it's not authorized by the DNC.

It's one event from a collection events submitted to the DNCC - a group of Charlotte politicians and business men who formed a comittee to attract the DNC to Charlotte - by the public. The DNCC is trying to run a successful and profitable convention for the city of Charlotte, so they're advertising these events surrounding the DNC on behalf of the city.

Anybody could submit an event, and the DNCC published information about events that are either over Labor Day Weekend or during the Convention, are well planned, are not content inappropriate, and provide either educational or cultural content. Other non DNC events the DNCC is promoting include:

•A Christian Gospel Brunch
•A College Football Tailgate party
•A Trip to the NASCAR Hall of Fame
•A music festival (CarolinaFest)
•A Film Festival
•Free Yoga classes in the park
•Charlotte Labor Day Festival (Matthews Alive!)
•A Happy Hour with the Mayor for members of the Young Republicans and Young Democrats
•The Grand Opening (renovated) of a Science Museum
•An Art Exhibit of Madeleine Albright's Jewelery where she'll be giving a speech entitled "Against the Grain: Wood in Contemporary Art, Craft, and Design"

etc

Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
So Muslims are holding an event to welcome a Muslim. Meanwhile the Dems are refusing to welcome a Catholic official who pays off pedophiles. And we're supposed to be angry about this why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies