Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM

18,438 posts, read 19,092,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My first wife survived one of those back alley abortions and was always convinced that nobody would want to marry her because of it. After she saw me getting too involved she told me and couldn't believe it when I told her that I loved who she was not who she had been as a freshman in college. The abortion was the main reason for our divorce since she just didn't see herself as a good enough woman to be my wife.

Stick abortion where the sun doesn't shine.
your wife's guilt about her abortion is individual. don't paint all women with such a broad brush.

"sticking abortion where the sun doesn't shine" will not make abortion go away. it has been around as long as man and woman and will be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,349,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the story is what 40 plus years old? I don't remember the details and could care less what norma "now" claims is true and what wasn't true back then. the law was based on her as "any woman" and her rights to privacy in her health care. a woman's health and how she takes care of it is no one's business but the individual woman's, which is now law.
You just admitted that you were one of the people I was talking about who don't know and don't want to know.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
who cares?
Jeez, you don't know whether she ever had an abortion and ask who cares. It becomes more and more obvious why most of you leaners care only about the decision since it has been used so well by your people all this time. Wow, you are something.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
your wife's guilt about her abortion is individual. don't paint all women with such a broad brush.

"sticking abortion where the sun doesn't shine" will not make abortion go away. it has been around as long as man and woman and will be
I thought that abortion had become a medical procedure in the 20th century and you say it has been with us since Adam and Eve. Maybe you don't know how many would have failed to survive in the 19th century.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:10 PM

18,438 posts, read 19,092,083 times
Quote:
You just admitted that you were one of the people I was talking about who don't know and don't want to know.
the story may be new to you but it is an old story and one I knew the particulars of long ago. have I memorized it no. I do know the jest as do most woman. I could care less what norma is now claiming, or how she is now anti choice.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
do you want extra doctors called in when someone is on their death bed from say cancer or some other serious medical condition or are the doctors taking care of them enough?
Under Obamacare those conditions will be handled by death panels, and you know it.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:12 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,745,994 times
Quote:
I thought that abortion had become a medical procedure in the 20th century and you say it has been with us since Adam and Eve. Maybe you don't know how many would have failed to survive in the 19th century.
The myriad solutions to unwanted pregnancy have been with us since at least the time of the Egyptians. Yes, the methods have changed with advancements in knowledge, but women who are desperate enough will find a way and always have.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Supreme Court decisions are made according to interpretations of the law and decisions of other cases, not simply the nuances of specific case involved.

Be quiet, Roy. Your chronic condescension is annoying.
That court case was based on lies made up by female activist groups and two of their lawyers who wanted only to get a win. Maybe you need to read up on it a bit more than what the decision was.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,075,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
The myriad solutions to unwanted pregnancy have been with us since at least the time of the Egyptians. Yes, the methods have changed with advancements in knowledge, but women who are desperate enough will find a way and always have.
Desperate enough for what?

Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have never met Norma McCorvey, though I am familiar with the case.

I have, however, met women who have had a late term abortion because of medical complications. They very much wanted the pregnancy to go to term.

Seems to me Ms. McCorvey changed her mind as many are apt to do. I was once 'pro life' and I am not anymore.
McCorvey has never been aborted although some lies about her caused Roe v. Wade to come about. I feel very sorry for her because I think that those millions of legal deaths are weighing on her since she did decide to tell the truth and nobody gave a damn.

Can you tell me, through your familiarity with it what it was all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies