Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,745,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Under Obamacare those conditions will be handled by death panels, and you know it.
Your posts are ludicrous and paranoid.

When a patient is clinically brain dead -- no indication of any brain activity -- it's time to pull the plug.

When a patient is in the throes of end-stage cancer, with shallow Cheyne-Stokes respirations, is unresponsive, and cannot maintain blood pressure -- it's time to pull the plug.

In all of these scenarios the family, if present, has and will continue to have input on care administered.

I'm so glad my grandparents (deceased at age 87 and 84, respectively) never descended into hysterical TeaBagger madness, it would have broken my heart to see them lose their minds over garbage they read online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,345,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the story is what 40 plus years old? I don't remember the details and could care less what norma "now" claims is true and what wasn't true back then. the law was based on her as "any woman" and her rights to privacy in her health care. a woman's health and how she takes care of it is no one's business but the individual woman's, which is now law.
She did not have an abortion then and never did later. One would think that something so important to so many people would have resulted in her getting one but then the Supreme Court decision couldn't come about soon enough for her to get one.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,682,505 times
Quote:
McCorvey has never been aborted although some lies about her caused Roe v. Wade to come about. I feel very sorry for her because I think that those millions of legal deaths are weighing on her since she did decide to tell the truth and nobody gave a damn.

Can you tell me, through your familiarity with it what it was all about?
How about you quit treating people like they're 4th graders and quit with the passive aggressive condescension?

I'm very familiar with the case and it would take nothing more than a quick google search for you to find out about it so I'm not going to explain it to you, especially considering I've read your opinion on it on other threads and know my thoughts will fall deaf ears.

I will say that she was a very troubled woman and it's very unfortunate that she lived a difficult life.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM

18,432 posts, read 19,086,661 times
Quote:
She did not have an abortion then and never did later. One would think that something so important to so many people would have resulted in her getting one but then the Supreme Court decision couldn't come about soon enough for her to get one.
again you are not telling me anything I didn't know already. this is not new info roy even if it is for you

Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,453,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Audio: Obama Says "That Fetus or Child" Was "Just Not Coming Out Limp and Dead" | The Weekly Standard

That's right - then state Senator Obama, in debate over a bill that would protect survivors of late term abortions - hinted that a living baby outside the womb might still be considered a fetus - and voted against the bill that would require another physician to verify that the infant is indeed alive.

Barack Obama essentially approved infanticide.

People, this is not rocket science. If birth is induced and the infant is outside the womb and is moving around(demonstrating signs of life) then the baby is alive - and Mr. Obama said that he trusts the doctor who had just tried to destroy that life to ensure that this new American citizen receives the neccesary medical care to ensure his/her survival.

The president didn't even know if it was a fetus, or a child. Huh??? Mr. President - we can have disagreements about what the life is inside the womb - but there should be absolutely no conflict over what we are discussing when the life is outside the womb.

Mr. President - that is what one calls a human infant - and it is now a citizen deserving of protection - and you Mr. President voted to open up the potential of that baby being killed.

Why is the MSM ignoring this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Probably because this happened in 2002 and has already been hashed over. A lot has happened in the last 10 years that's a little more important to report on.
Quote:
Probably because that happened a week ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Great!

Go start your own thread.

As for what happened in 2002, it really is immaterial since everyone who supports abortion also realizes they are murdering babies.

They just don't care.

They'll argue fine points about viability and privacy rights to keep from admitting what we all know is true.

They'll play the victim and accuse those with common decency of oppressing women and trying to take their rights away, but it's all a charade.

It's a baby because it isn't anything else.
Quote:
The question in the OP was this: The fact that it's referencing a quote from 2002 is reason enough. I don't need to start my own thread since I was answering this one, unlike you.

The Republican platform as relates to abortion hasn't changed in twenty years and is no more or less newsworthy than Obama's comments of 2002.

The lap dog media is doing its part to support the DNC in its efforts to create a distraction that takes America's eyes off permanent 8.3% unemployment, trillion dollar deficits, $4.00/gallon gas and corruption and cronyism on a scale never before seen.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,070,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
So does war, starvation, lack of clean drinking water, pollution, lack of access to medical care...
And just how do you propose to end all of those negative occurences?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,070,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Breathing or movements are not a guarantee of viability, regardless of heroic measures forced upon it.
Forced upon it?

First of all we are discussing a human infant NOT an "it".

Second - would you consider somebody giving you the Heimleich maneuver when you are choking - as "forcing" heroic measures upon you?

The liberal insistance on dehumanizing babies never ceases to amaze me.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,439,570 times
Quote:
Probably because this happened in 2002 and has already been hashed over. A lot has happened in the last 10 years that's a little more important to report on.
Yes. He's killed an entire economy. What's another fetus, uh child, among friends....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies