Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 01:16 PM

390 posts, read 265,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Actually yes I did work harder than ALL my male coworkers. Most of the time they were sleeping or drinking. I also know they had both less education and experience because I have seen their resumes.
Lol I'm sure you did princess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 01:16 PM

7,118 posts, read 12,659,449 times
Quote:
My mom started working in the 60s and she told me some horror stories, like that yes women will discouraged from going farther in their career and that recent male grads were often hired at high rates than long time working women. I've seen newspapers from the 60s (I have a few actually)and they have a "men section" and "women section" for jobs.
Exactly so. Hard to believe, but sadly true. I've personal horror stories, too, from those times.

Once, fresh from college, I answered a help wanted ad in the newspaper for an administrative assistant. I was asked to posed in lingerie to see if I was qualified to be eye candy (not my interviewer's term) at an auto dealers' convention. You know, a girl who would wear skimpy clothes and would drape herself over the new car models to draw attention?

And this slime ball had a rented office and the camera set-up and clothes to photograph the gullible right away. Mortifying to say the least.

And sure, I reported this to the newspaper, but how many other young women were subjected to this indignity before the ad was pulled? Has this ever happened to a male job applicant? Maybe it has, but I wonder.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,890,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Yet you cannot argue fact.

You rely on emotion, just like a whiny woman

I have 8 employees, and 2 of them are women. I pay them what they are worth to me as a business owner.

That being said, I routinely turn down female applicants who are in the child bearing age bracket, or those who had mentioned they have young kids at home.
Wow just wow. I'm willing to bet the two women who have working for you are in support roles and make less than the others. With that attitude I wouldn't want to work for you because I want to work for a company where I am treated the same and have the same opportunities as anyone else. Reminds me of the employers who rejected me because "you'll just have babies and stay at home".Um, wrong answer I have NEVER desired to be a stay at home mom and as I age I find this more and more to my not liking.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Lol I'm sure you did princess.
Whatever prince. I know I did and I am a hard worker.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Exactly so. Hard to believe, but sadly true. I've personal horror stories, too, from those times.

Once, fresh from college, I answered a help wanted ad in the newspaper for an administrative assistant. I was asked to posed in lingerie to see if I was qualified to be eye candy (not my interviewer's term) at an auto dealers' convention. You know, a girl who would wear skimpy clothes and would drape herself over the new car models to draw attention?

And this slime ball had a rented office and the camera set-up and clothes to photograph the gullible right away. Mortifying to say the least.

And sure, I reported this to the newspaper, but how many other young women were subjected to this indignity before the ad was pulled? Has this ever happened to a male job applicant? Maybe it has, but I wonder.
Unfortunately that is still going around. I once answered an ad for a waitress job and the employer wanted to see me nude before he hired me. I passed on that but it was creepy.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Wow just wow. I'm willing to bet the two women who have working for you are in support roles and make less than the others. With that attitude I wouldn't want to work for you because I want to work for a company where I am treated the same and have the same opportunities as anyone else. Reminds me of the employers who rejected me because "you'll just have babies and stay at home".Um, wrong answer I have NEVER desired to be a stay at home mom and as I age I find this more and more to my not liking.
You're right, they are paid less because they do clerical work I simply do not have time to do.

Support roles do not earn as much as the more important employees.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
You're right, they are paid less because they do clerical work I simply do not have time to do.

Support roles do not earn as much as the more important employees.
Why won't you hire women for the more important jobs besides sexism?

Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Whatever prince. I know I did and I am a hard worker.
You keep telling yourself that.

I'm sure one day your self esteem will be that of an average, normal adult too.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:23 PM

Now you are just talking stupid and trying to belittle me. I don't care actually because I know I am a fantastic worker and deserve to make the same as a male.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Why won't you hire women for the more important jobs besides sexism?
Because women of child bearing age tend to have to leave, whether its for a pregnancy, or for a sick kid at home, or to pick up little Aiden at soccer, or whatever other reason involving their precious little snowflake.

I own an auction company, my auctions are scheduled weeks in advance. The last thing I need is to lose someone on auction day because their kid has the sniffles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies