Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,817,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
No

Some people don't have them. In some cases, they are hard to obtain and even expensive.

Some people don't have them???? Did their house burn down?
Tell me the case, where they are hard to obtain?
It cost a $1 copy fee here, when I got an original copy for my daughter, to play High School sports.
By mail it was an additional $2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,711,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Some people don't have them???? Did their house burn down?
Tell me the case, where they are hard to obtain?
It cost a $1 copy fee here, when I got an original copy for my daughter, to play High School sports.
By mail it was an additional $2
Some people don't have the luxury to go through such process. Voting is a right that should not be deprived of citizens.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,247,804 times
Quote:
Some people don't have the luxury to go through such process. Voting is a right that should not be deprived of citizens.
........and their vote should not be diluted by illegal votes either. If your vote is canceled out by an illegal one you essentially have been deprived of voting.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
........and their vote should not be diluted by illegal votes either. If your vote is canceled out by an illegal one you essentially have been deprived of voting.
Illegals can't vote.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Illegals can't vote.
Firstly I said "illegal votes" which would include any fraudulent vote. Secondly everyone follows the law right, especially illegals?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,631,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
No, it's a little more than that simple explanation.
How can a libertarian be a social conservative?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Firstly I said "illegal votes". Secondly everyone follows the law right?
What "illegal votes"?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,423,812 times
I think the coalman pretty much lays the issue to rest, but there is really a better question than the OP asks.

Why is it that Democrats are anti-command/control/enforcement on this one issue and this one issue only. I got a PMB (private mail box) in the 1990's when shopping on line was starting. During the Clinton admin there was a big push to crack down on the PMBs. In particular, pretty stringent ID requirements to open a PMB were started. Around 1987 I opened a PMB under a phony name, no problem. Back then I was a bit of a conspiracy theorist and was ordering some controversial reading material that I didn't want traceable to me.
Private Mail Boxes and the Right to Privacy | Edward L. Hudgins | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

When the PMB ID requirements were imposed, there were no complaints from the left. Same with "know your customer" another 1990's privacy invasion--no complaints from the left. As I recall my first passbook savings account was opened w/o ID. I opened it before I was 16, so I'm sure I would not have had ID. ID requirements were imposed somewhere along the line--no yowls from the left. The Gun Control Act of 68 required ID to buy a gun--no yowls. The Brady Act added an FBI background check--no yowls.

Why is it that on just this one single issue, the left decides to be anti command-and-control?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 PM

You often hear this argument "prove it", how about you prove there isn't? You can't because it's just as hard for me to prove there is illegal voting as it would be for you to prove there isn't. Having said that the existence of voter fraud is undeniable due to the numerous convictions and other indicators like the Pew study that estimates 24 million voter registrations are either invalid or significantly inaccurate. The questions is not whether it exists but the extent of it.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:55 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,817,969 times
Quote:

Say what?

Only someone not born in these United States of America, or is already deceased, don't have that luxury.
I was born on a Friday, but it was not last Friday.

I see you totally side stepped my questions.

I'll ask this one again...
Who doesn't have one?
Tell me the case, where they are hard to obtain, since you made the statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies