Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
PLEASE he wishes Obama wins. Then he will have another 4 years of crazy rants, conspiracy theories etc. Obama is good business to Rush.
Libs heads explode knowing that Limbaugh is THE most listened to talk radio host, while their pathetic attempts at making in-roads into talk-radio bombed abysmally.

As with any "talking head", intelligent, free-thinking Americans take everything said with a grain of salt and then research an issue on their own. Libs went off the deep end when Rush had a problem with pain killers for his back, but pay no attention your Mr. Choom-loving Prez with his coke dealing buddies.

Hypocrites, hypocrites, hypocrites.

Hey, why was Zero campaigning in W. Palm Beach County this past weekend? Shouldn't that part of Florida which is predominantly Jewish, retired teachers be a slam-dunk for Zero?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-11-2012 at 04:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
Good point. Most conservative media blowhards tend to rise to prominence during a Democratic administration.

Jerry Falwell during the Carter years

Rush during the Clinton years

Glenn Beck during the Obama years

It's much easier to profit on people's fears when a guy they don't like is in the White House.
Actually, Rush rose to prominence when G.H.W. Bush was still president.

His 1992 book, "The Way Things Ought To Be" sold millions.

And as early as 1990, he had more listeners than any other talk show host.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:24 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Media Matters keeps them informed.
WOW! THIS isn't OT in a thread about Rush but saying you're listening to a particular album that is much more entertaining than Rush (The Topic) will ever be is. I guess the mods like your OT stuff better, eh Roy?

Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He is already saying that republicans will blame conservatives when they lose. He also said its the end of the GOP if they lose. He was so depressed about all the great Obama news today. All the polls and then this
Manufacturing jobs boom is for real - Sep. 10, 2012

Yeah! I love to hear him in full desperation.
There is NO WAY Rush Limbaugh could be truly depressed about an Obama re-election. It guarantees him at least 4 more years of audience, and material.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
The OP might be right, he did not sound like he thinks Romney will win. However , that is my impression of reading the transcript. I did not hear it cause you have to pay and I will be DAMNED if I give that mountain of flab a penny of mine.
No need or reason to pay - every word he spoke is right there in the transcripts.
So as you can see, the OP's babble was pure fantasy.
Utterly shocking

Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do we get those checks and balances with nothing but Democrats in power? Well, I guess so since we got Obamacare and Stimulus when we were like that. Whee, just think what they may do if we have that Obama landslide and the coat tail effect.
What would be wrong with conservatives adopting the independence party? Forget the wacky abortion stance and the nutty gun paranoia. Just focus on your conservative beliefs and find ways to adopt it to politics.

Look at the Democratic party. The gays have hitched their wagon to us, and I couldn't care less about their issues. ACLU, PETA and all these other idiots have hitched their wagons to the Democratic Party. I would love to see a more conservative, down to earth Democratic Party like it was 30 years ago. I don't care about all these idiots and their problems. I care about farmers and workers and families and protecting them from corporate greed.

I wish all these liberal idiots would start a Scientology Party or something.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM

876 posts, read 708,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What would be wrong with conservatives adopting the independence party? Forget the wacky abortion stance and the nutty gun paranoia. Just focus on your conservative beliefs and find ways to adopt it to politics.

Look at the Democratic party. The gays have hitched their wagon to us, and I couldn't care less about their issues. ACLU, PETA and all these other idiots have hitched their wagons to the Democratic Party. I would love to see a more conservative, down to earth Democratic Party like it was 30 years ago. I don't care about all these idiots and their problems. I care about farmers and workers and families and protecting them from corporate greed.

The days of my parents Democratic party are long gone, my friend. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what YOU can do for your country". JFK would be rolling in grave. What happened?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WOW! THIS isn't OT in a thread about Rush but saying you're listening to a particular album that is much more entertaining than Rush (The Topic) will ever be is. I guess the mods like your OT stuff better, eh Roy?
I checked Rush's own web site to see what he did today and enemy country made that tale up or someone he works for did. Maybe Media Matters? Are you a reader of that thing?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
No need or reason to pay - every word he spoke is right there in the transcripts.
So as you can see, the OP's babble was pure fantasy.
Utterly shocking
Isn't it something that mayita can't pay to know what Rush said but sure can go to Kos or MM and find out? I wonder if they take advantage of leaners like that.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

I just posted a new thread about what needs to be done about conservatism and the Republican party. Please listen to the audio to see how many of us, you included, feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies