Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,080,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No party has total agreement among it's members. That's normal.

John Kennedy and Lester Maddux were both Democrats.... and couldn't agree on what the Democratic party should be supporting.
that maybe true, but because you guys aren't mainstream, it doesn't do ya'll any favors when the message isn't consistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Of course I wouldn't do that! When I say best person, I mean best person! They could be purple for all I care!
you keep talking about yourself, i'm talking about most of society.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM

31,293 posts, read 20,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
The American two party political system serves the upper class period........This is so difficult for most American's to grasp, but, it's the truth. Any talk of third party politics at this late date in our country is certainly the stuff of daydreams. The political circus that passes for our "democratic elections" is constructed in such a way to make it appear that the two parties are really in a battle of wills to bring "good" to the American people. Welfare, corporate and individual, military spending, banking laws, securities trade rules, global trade, monopoly capitalism, all these are the real agenda of our two parties, and every one of these aspects of politics serve the upper class. Welfare, whether it be corporate or individual is just a way to re-distribute wealth. Same with the military, it's needs have been the foundation for many mega business success stories. .
Very good points.

Check this out;

Democrats and Republicans are Destroying America | Facebook

Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Item number 2 in your list is certainly no myth. The official Libertarian Platform, as adopted in May 2012, even states that Libertarians are anarchists.

Source: Platform | Libertarian Party

It can hardly be construed as a "bizarre misconception" when the official Libertarian Party Platform flat-out admits that it desires to uphold the ideal of total anarchy.
I guess you don't know how to spell "anarchists". I searched your link and cannot find anything that says Libertarians are anarchists. So your post is either dumb or a lie.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
you guys don't do yourself any favors by stating that both parties are destroying america, and that you are the smart ones and insult most people by saying they are brainwashed, and mindless sheep to a two-party system.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,014,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
you keep talking about yourself, i'm talking about most of society.

Because you keep painting libertarians with a broad brush! I can't speak for all, just like you can't speak for all dems!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Because you keep painting libertarians with a broad brush! I can't speak for all, just like you can't speak for all dems!
i'm not speaking for all dems, I'm just stating my opinion about libertarianism.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I think one other thing you tin foil on my head libertarians may not realize is that you simply aren't misunderstood and that most people don't like your brand of politics. There are people who actually care about the poor and the sick and don't want to see them die off. There is no way you can explain your ideology that is not some form of survival of the fittest.
"There are people who actually care about the poor and the sick and don't want to see them die off." Yes, I totally agree and those people would fit nicely in the Libertarian party.

Libertarians fully support charity and if they were in control, would increase incentives for charitable giving.

Libertarians believe in voluntarily supporting society rather than stealing from one hard working person to give to another person. That's not charity.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
"There are people who actually care about the poor and the sick and don't want to see them die off." Yes, I totally agree and those people would fit nicely in the Libertarian party.

Libertarians fully support charity and if they were in control, would increase incentives for charitable giving.

Libertarians believe in voluntarily supporting society rather than stealing from one hard working person to give to another person. That's not charity.
and this is something I continue to tell you guys, you people overestimate the goodwill of this country. There are not enough people in this country, charities, churches and private organizations that can support all the people who are in need. You guys seem to be under this impression that we as a country are going to magically come together in a free market society and take care of all the poor and sick.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
There are simply not enough organizations and churches that can help/support people without the government helping. That is just lame excuse that you libertarians use to justify ending entitlement spending. I think you people over estimate the goodwill that people will show when its everybody for themselves.

And I think you people underestimate the goodwill of the people and underestimate the waste and fraud of government sponsored welfare.

Americans give over $300 billion every year which is more than the government spends on welfare for the poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies