Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Huh, that must be happening somewhere besides this thread, as I don't see that happening anywhere in the thread.

@Topic:

If Obama didn't call the Libyan President to thank him for the sacrafice of the Libyan people killed in the attack, I'd call that disgraceful.
I concur.

However, I get the feeling that for some, the fact that Libyan citizens died protecting our Embassy is a rather inconvenient truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,787 posts, read 4,718,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
A coherent topic of discussion is needed to elicit a coherent rebuttal.

The TOPIC is QUITE coherent.

The Lefties aren't.

8,299 posts, read 8,612,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
What's this then if not apathy form the Left?:
That's about your and your stupid, inaccurate OP!!

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
The Martin Zimmerman comment regarding the death of Martin...definitely did not have any forethought - "If I had a son he would have looked like Martin" - to para phrase.................That was the most racially divisive statement you could make. He foolishly said....I am black and a young black was killed by a WHITE guy...what's wrong with his thinking? Could it be that he fires off comments without thinking because everyone has said what a wonderful speaker he was- and it has gone to his head...Vocal tone is one thing- substance is another.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
That's about your and your stupid, inaccurate OP!!
Inaccurate?

It's a VIDEO for the most part.

Then it says that there's evidence that the Libyian Security Forces HELPED!!

Where is the "inaccuracy" you mention?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:50 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Four fellow Ameican Citizens DEAD, is no fake outrage, believe me! it is a hell of a outrage, not fake?

None of us are clueless in knowing what these people want, and they want Americans dead, they want this Country destroyed, that is not fake outrage, that is real outrage.
It's only viewed as a way to mock the president. At least, that's what I'm reading here. Not too much mention of the people who died, just that IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT.

THAT is called fake outrage!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:51 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times
What the EMABSSY IN CAIRO said:

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions,"

This was NOT cleared by the Whitehouse.

The Secretary of State Clinton released the following:

"I condemn in the strongest terms the attack on our mission in Benghazi today," Clinton said in a written statement received by The Associated Press at 10:08 p.m. "As we work to secure our personnel and facilities, we have confirmed that one of our State Department officers was killed. We are heartbroken by this terrible loss."

Then the Romney camp released the following:

"The Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks,"

The next morning AFTER it was confirmed the ambassador had been killed in the assault, the President said:

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens"

Later the same morning, just before a tribute by the President in the Rose Garden, Romney held a news conference:

Romney was pressed about whether he would have made his Tuesday night statement if he'd had complete information about the situation in Benghazi.

"I'm not going to take hypotheticals about what would have been known what and so forth," Romney said. "I — we responded last night to the events that happened in Egypt."

Romney looked like an ass.

Last edited by carterstamp; 09-13-2012 at 01:50 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It's only viewed as a way to mock the president. At least, that's what I'm reading here. Not too much mention of the people who died, just that IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT.

THAT is called fake outrage!

The OUTRAGE is that ANYONE would thank the guy who FAILED to stop the murder of these Americans...especially when I'm sure Obama knows as much as I do that there is a very good chance that the guy being thanked helped in the murder.

WE are outraged both by the murder and the idea of thanking someone who may well be complicit

Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,259,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Also, Obama said that EGYPT IS NOT OUR ALLY! Sounds to me like that was "shooting first and aiming later" like he accused Romney of.
This is quite true and embarrassing as this happened right around the time he gave the 60 Minutes Interview.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,612,226 times
Quote:
Inaccurate?

It's a VIDEO for the most part.

Then it says that there's evidence that the Libyian Security Forces HELPED!!

Where is the "inaccuracy" you mention?
"Inaccurate" is me being polite. Your OP is an absolute lie because of the interpretation that you give that is supported by ZERO evidence:

Quote:
And, the Islamist murderers were probably tipped off by Libya’s security forces!!!:
The video doesn't support this. The article you linked to doesn't support this. You are simply lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies