Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,408,379 times

Advertisements

I sort of thought that one should read the Quran, which I did 20 years ago.

My opinion is that it is much easier to have interpretations that condone violence with Judaism and Islam. However the Christians came up with a novel solution to being the more pacifist faith, hypocrisy.

In other words has much more to do with the practice because people never actually do what the books say anyway.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:07 PM

376 posts, read 296,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Quit sounding stupid and read what other CD members are posting in the ISLAM forum. Remember these are people that many of you claim to hate straight across the board. I read some interesting things. Good reading and very educational as well. I dare you!

//www.city-data.com/forum/islam/
Dare taken....Scanned the first 3 pages... Lots of posts on the anniversary of 9/11 where muslims wish islam was not infiltrated with a bunch of murderous a-holes and how they plan to out those dogs and how they wish their religion was not tainted in the eyes of the world...........not really.

OP Don't confuse hate with suspision. Man didn't rise to the top of the food chain thinking that just because only some bears will eat you and $**t you off a cliff, you have to treat them all like fuzzy little puppies.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,099,884 times
Let me guess, the OP is some liberal who wants to promote "understanding" of the religion of peace, and I'm sure the op has no problem crapping on Christianity and Judaism, two peaceful religions.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 365 times
The next great world war will be the Islamic world against the non-Islamic world, and I hope to God the Islamic world loses.

Islam is a religion based on a myth, even more so that Judaism or Christianity. Islam was founded by an illiterate Arab, who "claims" to have been visited by the Angel Gabriel. Now, if you believe that, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.

Mohammed was a warlord, and needed a mechanism to gain and control power. Isalm was that tool. Mohammec was a pedophile by our standards. He deflowered a nine year old girl he "married." Mohammed claimed it was alright for his followers to have sex with camels and other animals. All he did was create a mechanism of control. Tell 'em what they want too hear, and they'll follow you. Mohammed created a mindset of hating Jews and others he perceived as dangerous to his power base.

Mohammed no more went to heaven on a horse than Hitler prayed in a Synagogue. Islam was created by s slick, smart albeit illiterate to gain control over people. Those who accespted the new religion were ignorant, some were even stupid, but most were poor and ignorant. They followed Mohammed for plunder, women, wealth, and for a possible after life. The Koran is no more Holy than Mein Kampf.

Thosoe who scream blasphemy, and want to decapitate people for disagreeing with their studpi religion are ignorant, stupid people, who cannot think for themselves...they are like cattle being hearded by an Imam, who may mor may not actually believe the **** he preaches, but it hellps too maintain power. Little minds accomplish little things. Father's killing their daughters over "family" honor, because the daughter dared to be indeopendent. What kind of bastard religion is that? Forocing women to wear body covering clothing, what kind of bastard reliigion is that? Therev are so many absurd rules and rituals to be followed. What a bastard religion.

Now, if any of you Moslems (notice I did not say Muslim, I said Moslem) out there want to declare a fatwa against me, go ahead, I dare you! I have about as much respect for Islam and those who foist iit off on the ignorat, as I have for a pile of dog poop!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,230,728 times
Just for those ignorant about Islam

Awesome movie I first saw in 2006. A great intro for the anyone looking to find out the intent of Islamic radicals.

Obsession - Radical Islam's War Against The West

There's a few short film clips at the link.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 PM

632 posts, read 1,181,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I sort of thought that one should read the Qur'an, which I did 20 years ago.

My opinion is that it is much easier to have interpretations that condone violence with Judaism and Islam. However the Christians came up with a novel solution to being the more pacifist faith, hypocrisy.

In other words has much more to do with the practice because people never actually do what the books say anyway.
For the bold, you are correct! "Religious leaders" are to blame as well because they feed the masses what they want to hear and pervert the religion they are preaching. Just like in Islam, Pastor Jones and the family which makes up the bulk of the Westboro Baptist Church, these people pervert Christianity and present a Christianity as being in line with what those members already feel and believe.

I HIGHLY doubt that Jesus Christ would be supportive of the people I mentioned above, yet they consider themselves to be true Christians.

You also have the media to blame because, when you have lazy, ignorant people who are very gullible, the media feeds them what they want to hear which causes further problems.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM

43,785 posts, read 44,554,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
For the bold, you are correct! "Religious leaders" are to blame as well because they feed the masses what they want to hear and pervert the religion they are preaching. Just like in Islam, Pastor Jones and the family which makes up the bulk of the Westboro Baptist Church, these people pervert Christianity and present a Christianity as being in line with what those members already feel and believe.

I HIGHLY doubt that Jesus Christ would be supportive of the people I mentioned above, yet they consider themselves to be true Christians.

You also have the media to blame because, when you have lazy, ignorant people who are very gullible, the media feeds them what they want to hear which causes further problems.
Not only with Jesus Christ not be supportive of Muslims but he wouldn't be supportive of Christians either as he was Jewish until he died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies