Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times

Advertisements

With these guys there is no middle ground, only extremes, just like the people they condemn.

Personally, if you don't go out of my way to provoke anyone, especially someone aching for a fight, you are considered a pacifist. They don't understand that it's possible to want to be left alone, yet be willing to defend yourself when the opportunity strikes.

This type of reasoning is not limited to one area, it permeates many other areas. Whether it's abortion, "The war on terrorism" , illegal immigration, sex education, with these guys, it's either all or nothing and there is no middle ground, no gray area, only Black and White

Bush said it best, either you are with us or against us. Well I was and am against the Iraq war AND against radical Muslims. Sorry Bush, you are wrong, both you guys are full of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Both parties and their leadersip have become extreme on a national level. Get past local goverment( and even in major urban cities its often bad) and extremists call the shots and act like dictators to the party.
Blue dog democrats and moderate republicans have been driven out and the mess we have left is the result. And now both have the libertarians in their sights as "the enemy". Hey, at least that shows they're finally worried about them.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Only the right are extreme ?
So if we get rid of political parties then we'll have no extremists ?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Would your topic not be better titled:

If you love Obama you are intelligent and with us. If not you are a racist fool.

Your taking a one sided view of things shows your true agenda, again.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Would your topic not be better titled:

If you love Obama you are intelligent and with us. If not you are a racist fool.

Your taking a one sided view of things shows your true agenda, again.
I'm not voting for Obama, he's failed in so many areas, so nice attempt at deflection.

Care to comment on the thread or will you continue to try to change the [domain blocked due to spam]??

Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Reading is not your strong suit. Isn't it part of the curriculum at troll school? This thread isn't about being partisan, I guess I should have used smaller words.
Then why would you only direct it to "right wingers" if it wasn't partisan?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Only the right are extreme ?
So if we get rid of political parties then we'll have no extremists ?
No, the problem is one of quantity. There were those on the left who believed Dubya was behind the 9/11 attacks, but not in the numbers that believe Obama and the UN are preparing to take away your guns or who think he is an Islamic Kenyan.

The problem is that in 2012, it is much easier to live in a world in which you are exposed to people who only share your own opinions. I realize that seems counterintuitive. Aren't we more connected with people all around the world in the year 2012? Perhaps we have that ability, but most of us are seeking out those who share the same opinions and we have the ability to filter out anything we don't wish to hear. What used to be discussed at the diner is now discussed on the internet, in a forum in which we can selectively avoid people and topics we wish to avoid. In such a world, views become more extreme. I can't count the number of times I've encountered people who give me the distinct impression that they've never encountered nor pondered a rational counter-argument to their positions.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
No, the problem is one of quantity. There were those on the left who believed Dubya was behind the 9/11 attacks, but not in the numbers that believe Obama and the UN are preparing to take away your guns or who think he is an Islamic Kenyan.
LOL, both have come out and directly said that there should be more restrictions on gun ownership.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL, both have come out and directly said that there should be more restrictions on gun ownership.
I"m left wing and I support the 2nd amendment.

Do I support restrictions to keep 15 year olds and paranoid psychotic individuals from legally buying fully automatic rifles , yes, but in your right wing extreme world, that makes me an anti-gun and a gun grabber.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Brilliant! After all, if we put restrictions on gun ownership, it's just a matter of time before the federal government and the UN come around to seize them. Well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies