Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the "baby" is a fetus and can not think or feel when most abortions are done. BC is great wonder why so many right wing folks disapprove of it?
From building codes to BC, exactly the tactic used by Democrats, change the focus....

Excellent example hot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 07:58 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Amazing the crap Democrats have started to take the focus away from the fact the obama presidency has been an utter and dismal failure....

So there has to basic building standards throughout the state applied to everyone equally, and the problem with this is?

Or is the OP suggesting that we have two sets of standards like we do with test scores for minorities?

The fact is women are a major part of the voting population. Democrats support the strides we have made while Republicans don't like some of the rights we fought so hard for. And now they want to to take some of our rights away. If you want to call that "crap" then fine. But I call it a focus that I am extremely interested in even if you aren't. And I do base my voting on this as well as the economy and other issues.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Did you know that the rate of abortion has not declined since RvW? It is just safer now than it was b4. Many young women became sterile due to illegal abortions, and never had the chance to exercise their right to carry and give birth. They weren't all the 'sinners and jezabelles" that some want to portray them as.

http://www.nrlc.org/Factsheets/FS03_AbortionInTheUS.pdf

Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM

450 posts, read 1,059,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
then why isn't it required for other clinics?

dems can be worried about more then one issue and are!

you would rather see an america where women are forced to give birth against their wills?
I think dems really have only one issue to worry about. Vice President Dan Quayle summed it up a long time ago, "a mind is a terrible thing to lose". Everyone figured he had made another potato-potatoe gaffe. I'm utilizing the favorite tactic of liberals to revise History, changing the facts to show that VP Quayle had correctly defined the mindset of the Democrats.

Last edited by xnyer; 09-14-2012 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
what baby. no baby involved in abortions.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
I remember a video praising Ted Kennedy for passing the American with Disabilities Act. Just saying...

Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
I am so sick of hearing this false "War on Women" crap. Talk to women in the middle-east about a war on women. I bet they would love to deal with the so called war on women in this country. There is NO War on Women!! Not in the USA anyway, go get your panties in a bunch over the REAL war on women in other countries.

Here this is the REAL war on women!!

Quote:
• Forced Sexual Intercourse (“tightening the bindingsâ€)

While the word hajr is interpreted to mean “to refuse to share their beds,†the word hajr has several meanings. One of these meanings indicates the hajr of the camel when the owner binds the animal with a hijar, or rope. This disturbing interpretation means that the term used in Q 4.34 (“refuse to share their bedsâ€) can actually mean to bind the wife and force her to have sexual intercourse.

This meaning is the adopted view of al-Tabari, a renowned classical Islamic commentator. Other scholars, who also support this interpretation, state “it means to tie them up and force them to have [sexual] intercourse.â€

The Quranic principle of a man’s right to a woman’s body is not open for discussion. Regardless of her psychological or physical state, she has to obey the man’s command to lie in bed and have sexual relations with him. After all, the prophet of Islam repeatedly made statements advocating this view:

“If a man calls his woman to his bed, and she does not come, and then he goes to bed angry at her, the angels will curse her until the morning.â€

UAE: Court Rules that Wife-Beating Allowed Under Sharia Law | Women Reclaiming and Redefining Cultures

Quote:
UAE: Court Rules that Wife-Beating Allowed Under Sharia Law

Source:
Guardian

Islamic sharia law allows a man to "discipline" his wife and children provided that he does not leave physical marks, according to a ruling by the supreme court in the United Arab Emirates. The judgment was made in the case of a man who slapped and kicked his daughter and slapped his wife, injuring both slightly. But the federal court in Abu Dhabi, capital of the UAE, also said that their bruises were evidence that the father had abused his legal right. The case reported today by the Abu Dhabi paper The National, is likely to attract attention because of the large number of foreign expatriates living in the Gulf state, where there are occasional prosecutions of westerners as well as nationals for breaching public morality. Non-Muslims, however, will not appear before a sharia court.

FrontPage Magazine - How Sharia Law Punishes Raped Women

Quote:
On October 30, 2008, the United Nations condemned the stoning to death of Aisha Duhulowa, a 13-year-old girl who had been gang-raped and then sentenced to death by a Sharia court for fornication (Zina). She was screaming and begging for mercy, but when some family members attempted to intervene, shots were fired by the Islamic militia and a baby was killed.

THIS IS A REAL WAR ON WOMEN!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The fact is women are a major part of the voting population. Democrats support the strides we have made while Republicans don't like some of the rights we fought so hard for. And now they want to to take some of our rights away. If you want to call that "crap" then fine. But I call it a focus that I am extremely interested in even if you aren't. And I do base my voting on this as well as the economy and other issues.
I agree 100%. The GOP is using the issue of abortion, and now, contraception, to roll back the gains women have made over the past 40 years.

A woman's ability to control her reproductive system IS an economic issue. An unplanned or unwanted pregnancy can force a woman to drop out of college, miss out on a job opportunity, move back in with her parents, or slip into poverty. Marriages, and even lives, can be ruined.

Women HAVE to have the right to decide when and under what conditions they become mothers. The decision to terminate a pregnancy must be between them and their own conscience.

Does anyone believe, for one second, that if MEN became pregnant, choice would EVER have become an issue?

Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I agree 100%.

A woman's ability to control her reproductive system IS an economic issue. An unplanned or unwanted pregnancy can force a woman to drop out of college, miss out on a job opportunity, move back in with her parents, or slip into poverty. Marriages, and even lives, can be ruined.

Women HAVE to have the right to decide when and under what conditions they become mothers. The decision to terminate a pregnancy must be between them and their own conscience.

Does anyone believe, for one second, that if MEN became pregnant, choice would EVER have become an issue?
Millions of women are pro-life.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Millions of women are pro-life.
so? and millions of women are pro-choice. its not about numbers, its about the tyranny of the majority over the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies