Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

Feds interview California filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula linked to anti-Islamic movie - NYPOST.com

While I still dont believe all this unrest is about a movie alone, let's imagine that it is. SO WHAT?! If anything, they should put the guy into a protection program.

Yet our own government outed this guy and are now interviewing him. As if his movie is criminal?

Is this not the United States anymore? I have heard some on the left say that he should be charged. For what?!

Should we then charge any person who has mocked other faiths/people? Half of Hollywood and the media would be then charged.

This is disturbing that the FEDs are even interviewing him at this point. Yes, I have seen the trailer and my opinion is it looks like amateur stupidity. But that is not a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 06:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Feds interview California filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula linked to anti-Islamic movie - NYPOST.com

While I still dont believe all this unrest is about a movie alone, let's imagine that it is. SO WHAT?! If anything, they should put the guy into a protection program.

Yet our own government outed this guy and are now interviewing him. As if his movie is criminal?

Is this not the United States anymore? I have heard some on the left say that he should be charged. For what?!

Should we then charge any person who has mocked other faiths/people? Half of Hollywood and the media would be then charged.

This is disturbing that the FEDs are even interviewing him at this point. Yes, I have seen the trailer and my opinion is it looks like amateur stupidity. But that is not a crime.
Incitement to Violence, Reckless Endangerment, Maliciously Causing Harm, .... ?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
While I still dont believe all this unrest is about a movie alone, let's imagine that it is.
Since I agree that it isn't there is no reason to imagine that it is which explains why this is happening. A diversion from the discussion of why it is happening.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Shouldn't that Egyptian TV host also be involved ? He's the one that pulled it off the internet and put it on his program and repeatedly showed it telling the audience it was connected to the US and the Coptics.
He did that last Saturday (9/8).

Why is he not mentioned anywhere. If anything what he did was more inciteful of protests than what the filmmaker did..put that on you tube 2 months ago to little fanfare.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Inciting violence thousand miles away. How far will libs spin to protect their Great Leader?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:

Oh ok. So let's say for instance, the episode of Curb your Enthusiasm where the guy urinates on a picture of Jesus or Mary, led to Christians or Catholics rioting and causing chaos, then using your logic, the people involved with the show should be interrogated and possibly charged with a crime?

Do you live in this country? Are you aware of something called Free Speech?

If I mock you, and say horrible things about you and then you go off on a rampage, then I should be liable?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Shouldn't that Egyptian TV host also be involved ? He's the one that pulled it off the internet and put it on his program and repeatedly showed it telling the audience it was connected to the US and the Coptics.
He did that last Saturday (9/8).

Why is he not mentioned anywhere. If anything what he did was more inciteful of protests than what the filmmaker did..put that on you tube 2 months ago to little fanfare.
Muslims are blameless just operate under that premise and any irrational actions of our government can be explained away.

Last edited by EdwardA; 09-15-2012 at 07:14 AM..

Old 09-15-2012, 07:05 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Freedom speech. Remember? First amendment of the constitution. Surely we are not going to turn our backs on it to appease a bunch of thugs. More than four people have died to protect that right in the past.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Muslims are blameless just operate under that premise and any irrational. Shavuot of our government can be explained away.
Think about it. That clip has been on you tube for 2 months.
The guy had a small showing in CA to zero fanfare.

Nothing happend until that clip got played repeatedly on Egyptian TV last Saturday and the host attributed the clip to the US and the Coptics.

I think that Egyptian TV host did more to incite the people than the film maker.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
The OP fell for an internet rumor. The police has not arrested the filmmaker.

The guy is an egyptian criminal, so maybe they should consider returning him to Egypt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies