Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well you'd think in the name of foreign relations the Egyptian government would try to help.
Then again this is the Brotherhood we're talking about.
No, I wouldn't necessarily think that. I've read that people have already been detained or arrested in connection with the violence, or that they have detained people who have significant information regarding the "protestors" who participated in the violence. Wouldn't you be happy with the arrest of the actual individuals who committed the violence in the attacks, and/or who planned and executed the attacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I consider myself to be liberal & I don't hate freedom of speech. In fact, I applauded Natalie Maines when she made her comment about President Bush, as opposed to the knuckle draggers who went out and vilified her and the band.
The facts are the producers of this video have blood on their hands. They're indirectly responsible for the uprising in the middle east. I wouldn't put it past the GOP to be behind this video.
I simply can not make heads or tails of this convoluted mess. It seems that you agree with freedom of speech when it's politically convenient.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I simply can not make heads or tails of this convoluted mess. It seems that you agree with freedom of speech when it's politically convenient.
That's how I understood it.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He was indirectly responsible for inciting violence that caused the death of four people in the Diploma Service. Yes, that makes him different than your ordinate parole violator in terms of how much manpower the FBI was willing to put into finding this guy. Jeez, don't the teach logic in schools anymore?

I agree. They should throw him back in jail if, in fact, he did post it on YouTube or have a friend post it for him.
The Libyan President says this was a pre-planned attack by Al-Queda and not a protest over the film.
RPGs had been set up at a farm nearby. Heavy military weapons were used in this 4 hour attack.
This played out much differently than all the other protests all over the world.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Just like I said: They will find something.

That's the beauty of our laws - everybody is guilty of some violation or other. If government wants to question you, they WILL find a reason.

Yeah, but........

This question of probation violation is so IN-YOUR-FACE, if the probation officers or the feds had ignored it they should have been fired, and they probably would have been if it came out later that this guy had violated parole and they had done absolutely nothing about it, didn't even question him. Probation violations are pretty common, and the courts usually that it pretty seriously. This questioning/investigation gets the fed employees off the hook, so to speak.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Feds interview California filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula linked to anti-Islamic movie - NYPOST.com

While I still dont believe all this unrest is about a movie alone, let's imagine that it is. SO WHAT?! If anything, they should put the guy into a protection program.

Yet our own government outed this guy and are now interviewing him. As if his movie is criminal?

Is this not the United States anymore? I have heard some on the left say that he should be charged. For what?!

Should we then charge any person who has mocked other faiths/people? Half of Hollywood and the media would be then charged.

This is disturbing that the FEDs are even interviewing him at this point. Yes, I have seen the trailer and my opinion is it looks like amateur stupidity. But that is not a crime.
His movie is criminal...He is a criminal..The guy is on probation for bank fraud..which means he will do anything for a dollar- including making a film that gets people killed...This guy is a goof...it is not even about ideology...or even propaganda- The jerk thought he could make some quick cash with sensationalism...They are interviewing him not to find out what happened- but to reprimand the geek and find out what other reckless plans he might have..

Now the fact that he portrayed Mohamed as a pedophile...is where he crossed the line- Mohamed lived such a long time ago- that no one knows if he was a pedophile or not- That is like radical gay atheists saying that Jesus was a homosexual...No one really knows.....

Some people are in agreement with this film...which is really dumb- because no one knows the truth here...so speculations should not be made...all you get is trouble...and that is what we got- Even though the continued Arab protests may in reality have little to do with the film- and Islamofascist ...just needed an excuse and this jerk gave it to them.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yeah, but........

This question of probation violation is so IN-YOUR-FACE, if the probation officers or the feds had ignored it they should have been fired, and they probably would have been if it came out later that this guy had violated parole and they had done absolutely nothing about it, didn't even question him. Probation violations are pretty common, and the courts usually that it pretty seriously. This questioning/investigation gets the fed employees off the hook, so to speak.
Violating parole..ok, we got it. The Muslims are demanding justice. You think they will settle for violating parole ? They want him beheaded.

And they don't have to interview him to know who posted that you tube video.
They have IPs they can trace back.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
The Libyan President says this was a pre-planned attack by Al-Queda and not a protest over the film.
RPGs had been set up at a farm nearby. Heavy military weapons were used in this 4 hour attack.
This played out much differently than all the other protests all over the world.
AND they used the "movie" as a cover, an excuse, for the protests. That still gives the "filmmaker" some responsibility. Also, there were attacks around the world yesterday and the reason cited for those attacks was that "movie." No way this guy does not share resposibility for the eruption of violence one way or another.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
His movie is criminal...He is a criminal..The guy is on probation for bank fraud..which means he will do anything for a dollar- including making a film that gets people killed...This guy is a goof...it is not even about ideology...or even propaganda- The jerk thought he could make some quick cash with sensationalism...They are interviewing him not to find out what happened- but to reprimand the geek and find out what other reckless plans he might have..

Now the fact that he portrayed Mohamed as a pedophile...is where he crossed the line- Mohamed lived such a long time ago- that no one knows if he was a pedophile or not- That is like radical gay atheists saying that Jesus was a homosexual...No one really knows.....

Some people are in agreement with this film...which is really dumb- because no one knows the truth here...so speculations should not be made...all you get is trouble...and that is what we got- Even though the continued Arab protests may in reality have little to do with the film- and Islamofascist ...just needed an excuse and this jerk gave it to them.
Well in their religion 12 year old girls are allowed to be married off. Some do view that as criminal.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:50 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
They have farms in Libyan? I didn't know that. I did know that most males over the age of 10 is well armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies