Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:01 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,310 times

Advertisements

To me it was a con man selling snake oil. What did you think it meant? What do you want it to mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 PM

429 posts, read 654,170 times
Pull American presence out of the Mideast. Let them deal with their own problems. After all our imperialism is the most costly thing to American Debt, but Republicans or Democrats do not address it.

Develop clean green energy and become less dependent on foreign oil. Yet Republicans or Democrats do not address it. Edit-Become less dependent on oil. Address American's addiction to oil. Develop better public transportation and high speed rail. (Republicans would just love that). This issue really needs to be dealt with, but just gets pushed on to further generations. Every other country except for third world countries are ahead of us on this.

Establish a better tax base back to where it was in the 50s! Republicans would HATE this.

Stop pushing American jobs overseas. Both Republicans and Democrats would hate this.

I could go on but am tired.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,885 times
It meant it was time to quit working and Go Galt....

Old 09-19-2012, 07:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
To me it was a con man selling snake oil. What did you think it meant? What do you want it to mean?
I'll concur with a con man selling snake oil.

All that was missing was the, "but wait.........there's more!!!"

Old 09-19-2012, 07:15 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Quote:

Time to change the guard at the white house.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:19 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Michael Scott's Special Corporate Filing Cabinet - YouTube

Old 09-19-2012, 07:26 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Not much - I don't get very caught up in slogans. I was busy weighing Obama's specific proposals against those of Hillary, and later McCain. And I thought his overall proposals, particularly on healthcare, were better than McCain's, though not majorly different than Hillary's. I also liked what he had to say about Afghanistan (I may have been mistaken on that one) and on killing Bin Laden (dead right there). I was also watching the behaviors of the two main opponents - Obama was calm and deliberate, McCain panicky and impulsive. Biden sticks his foot in his mouth, but he does have serious knowledge, and I'd trust him over Palin in a heartbeat.

I'd be looking at Obama's new proposals and comparing them to Romney's, except Romney really doesn't have much in the way of specifics, aside from "Unleash Wall Street", and "repeal the ACA", both of which I oppose.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
To me it meant too many people were drinking the Kool Aid. It was almost as bad as the "Forward" slogan used this time around.

As for Bin Laden, we should change Biden's big line to: Osama is dead and so is our ambassador.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
An opportnuty to break from the idea that only certain types of people should be in control of our nation's destiny.

A chance to pull away from the 1950s mentality regarding what America is or should be. And a chance to pull America into the 21st century.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WbQe-wVK9E

Old 09-19-2012, 07:33 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Quote:
It meant getting out of the Middle East, fixing the economy, and progressing social issues into the 21st century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies