Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:34 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,607,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Gee, I lived with a Muslim for 4 years as a roommate. How on Earth did I and my Jewish roommate get out alive! He must have been planning my beheading the entire time, considering there are no moderate Muslims!!

And the dude that sells me my falafel... I better stop buying from him, it's a trap.

And the Muslims that helped me hand out water after 9/11 with the Red Cross... they must have just been trying to get some inside info.

How dare they dance! Every Muslim must have been forewarned about the attack on the towers! They all knew ahead of time, every one of them right!

The Muslim dude in my local bodega dances with his bodega cat all the time. He must know something. FYI, Tripoli is a Lebanese restaurant. The majority of Lebanese people are actually Christians. Just because they're brown doesn't mean they're Muslim. Kind of strange you wouldn't know that being born and bred in NYC.

Hmm I'll say that your post is a load of b.s....You seem to know ever muslim in N.Y.

Oh and by the way...65% of Lebanon is Muslim and yes they were Muslims dancing in the street that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,683,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Hmm I'll say that your post is a load of b.s....You seem to know ever muslim in N.Y.

Oh and by the way...65% of Lebanon is Muslim and yes they were Muslims dancing in the street that day.
No, as a former New Yorker, you should know how diverse this city is, of course I interact with Muslims. I have Muslim friends, I have Muslim coworkers, Muslim people sell me food. What a shocker! Did you never go to a bodega or buy food off the street?

That's because the majority of the Christians in Lebanon emigrated to the US. Read up on it, it's pretty interesting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_American
Quote:
The vast majority of them are Christians, in particular Maronite Catholic
Did you ask if they were Muslims? Do you HONESTLY think they had advance notice of the attacks? You think some secret Muslim broadcast went out so they'd all know ahead of time? Seriously?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 AM

465 posts, read 508,612 times
Quote:
Actually I was born and raised in N.Y.C,moved out last yr.....Thank god!

I watched those "moderate muslims" dancing in the street (Atlantic ave & Clinton st--Tripoli Restaurant) on 9/11...Those towers were still up and most people didn't know at the time who or why attacked but in some "mysterious" way...they knew.

Another poster said about David Koresh....sure every 10 or 20 yrs some lunatic christain goes "off" but good lord every everyday muslims are protesting and screaming about killing westerners.

So please stop your B.S....again no such thing as moderate muslims!

Why you people give these nuts a pass...I'll never understand.
Perhaps that's why we have different viewpoints (I'm the one who mentioned Koresh) and i'm from kkkville and i can tell you where i'm orig. from which is even more conservative than where i live now, the christians are lunatics don't believe me go there with me sometime...a lot of social workers leave that area because of all the men raping their wives and stuff (no such thing as marital rape in their eyes because they're married and they'll even give scripture) 1 Cor. 7:3-4 if you would like to read it...they have militias all around here and they talk about when were gonna leave the union again and fight the U.S. so yes I do see extremists every day and not just once every 10 years...and I could give many more examples even that made the news between Koresh and now.

I don't like extremists of any type and it sounds like you've met more than your fair share but it wasn't because they were Muslim. I know a lot of conservative Christians that think that any think a Christian man does because God must have put it in his head. A personal story my dad used to read the Bible to her before he beat her. Why is it different when it's a Christian reading the Bible? And why do we make it sound like one bad apple but not when we meet a few nuts that are Muslim.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:51 AM

465 posts, read 508,612 times
^ when i said to her i meant my mom.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
No, as a former New Yorker, you should know how diverse this city is, of course I interact with Muslims. I have Muslim friends, I have Muslim coworkers, Muslim people sell me food. What a shocker! Did you never go to a bodega or buy food off the street?

That's because the majority of the Christians in Lebanon emigrated to the US. Read up on it, it's pretty interesting.
Lebanese American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you ask if they were Muslims? Do you HONESTLY think they had advance notice of the attacks? You think some secret Muslim broadcast went out so they'd all know ahead of time? Seriously?
Well you let me know how having those Muslim friends work out for you...as for you link its pointless,I know all about it.
As for the men dancing in the streets..they were Muslims..yes I know for a fact.

Their animals!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Well you let me know how having those Muslim friends work out for you...as for you link its pointless,I know all about it.
As for the men dancing in the streets..they were Muslims..yes I know for a fact.

Their animals!
I have 2 Muslim friends I have been close friends with for over 20 years now, so I'd say it's working out pretty well. Pretty long time for them to be planning a Jihad.

It's pointless? Like I said, most Lebanese-Americans are Christian.

The world is not as black and white as you think it is. It's kind of scary that people like you think there is no such thing as a regular Muslim. It's as if I said every Christian was like the Westboro Church.

Again, do you truly think that these Muslims dancing in the street had advance notice of the attack on 9/11?

And their animals, what kind of animals did they have? Were they dancing as well?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
Perhaps that's why we have different viewpoints (I'm the one who mentioned Koresh) and i'm from kkkville and i can tell you where i'm orig. from which is even more conservative than where i live now, the christians are lunatics don't believe me go there with me sometime...a lot of social workers leave that area because of all the men raping their wives and stuff (no such thing as marital rape in their eyes because they're married and they'll even give scripture) 1 Cor. 7:3-4 if you would like to read it...they have militias all around here and they talk about when were gonna leave the union again and fight the U.S. so yes I do see extremists every day and not just once every 10 years...and I could give many more examples even that made the news between Koresh and now.

I don't like extremists of any type and it sounds like you've met more than your fair share but it wasn't because they were Muslim. I know a lot of conservative Christians that think that any think a Christian man does because God must have put it in his head. A personal story my dad used to read the Bible to her before he beat her. Why is it different when it's a Christian reading the Bible? And why do we make it sound like one bad apple but not when we meet a few nuts that are Muslim.

Everyday...everyday Muslims are killing non-muslims,you people can't be so blind its impossible but maybe you choose to be.

Oh and by the way if your town is so crazy...moved,I did.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I have 2 Muslim friends I have been close friends with for over 20 years now, so I'd say it's working out pretty well. Pretty long time for them to be planning a Jihad.

The world is not as black and white as you think it is. It's kind of scary that people like you think there is no such thing as a regular Muslim. It's as if I said every Christian was like the Westboro Church.

Again, do you truly think that these Muslims dancing in the street had advance notice of the attack on 9/11?

And their animals, what kind of animals did they have? Were they dancing as well?

pigs....

Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:

Let time tell if you are right an I'm wrong but everyday I turn on the T.V./read a paper or go online I see that I'm right.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Let time tell if you are right an I'm wrong but everyday I turn on the T.V./read a paper or go online I see that I'm right.

Have a nice day.
I think 20 years is long enough to know they are good people.

It's a little out there to claim that there is not one non extremist Muslim out there in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies