Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2012, 11:09 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Start local and work your way up. NYC just did that and they think their law will stand up to any suit brought against them.
ONLY if their law does not violate the 1st Amendment will it stand up to ANY lawsuit brought against them. Have you ever heard of attorneys with expertise in Constitutional law? And if it does not violate the 1st Amendment then it's not a restriction of free speech as set out in the Constitution.

Do you really think that the Muslim population in this country is going to grow large enough to be able to support and create a Constitutional Amendment? That's a pretty tough thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yet again you think these people and/or Obama can single-handedly amend the U.S. Constitution? Of course you don't You're just trying to deceive those "low information" voters out there with this fear mongering stuff. It doesn't matter what "he" wants......nobody can change the U.S. Constitution single-handedly. Any restrictions on free speech which are contrary to the 1st Amendment would end up in the courts and there they would die.
I don't think Obama can change the CONS or that the UN can create law and enforce it inside the USA, but they sure can try........ I can see Obama winning 4 more years and during them make himself King Dictator if it pleases him.

Of course that would just get him arrested, but it could cost the USA a lot more in time, pain, and healing than he has already caused.... and right along with these same Muslims who are ALL radicals, who would kill US ALL including the women and children first if they ALL had their way.

You better wake up! Islamic Jihad isn't coming here someday, it's here right NOW!

5,787 posts, read 4,714,620 times
All I can take from FancyFeasts's posts is that he/she agrees with the Muslims and is backing their calls for limits to the 1st Amendment.

You are free to move to where Sharia Law is practiced you know.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
So Obama can single-handedly amend the Constitution?

Are your posts aimed at those "low information" voters whom you think might take this BS seriously?

The common tactic of late to skirt laws or the constitution is to back door them, for example you try and get legislation passed through the EPA banning the lead in bullets. That wasn't specifically done by Obama but under the guise of "environmental" groups who coincidentally were comprised of anti gun zealots.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
All I can take from FancyFeasts's posts is that he/she agrees with the Muslims and is backing their calls for limits to the 1st Amendment.

You are free to move to where Sharia Law is practiced you know.
I hear that... What is it we need to hear and see anymore to convince us these radical Islamic Jihadist are nothing but scumbag murdering fools...

They have thrown cripples off ships at sea, crashed passenger planes into the WTC, crashed planes in Scotland, attempted to blow up planes, use suicide bombers, kill helpless women and children rape and kill USA diplomats, and far more......

Even set up training camps inside the USA, and still the sheep buy the woe....

I want these people out of the USA right NOW..... We can debate about it later.

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
One does not have to amend the constitution to prohibit Freedom of Speech.
Just like one doesn't need Congress approval to go to war.
Or Congress approval to grant amnesty.

What..you think the DOJ will go after them like they do Voter ID laws ?

Our President and our Secretary of State have condemed the film along with ME officials more than they have stood up for our First Amendment rights. Mentioning the Rights of US citizens comes as an afterthought to them.

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals will love it. They hate the First Amendment as well.
Put away that crystal ball, it's biased giving you incorrect information.

Exactly how many "liberals" do you know personally, a specific number, please, and how many of them have told you personally that they "hate" the 1st Amendment? I am a liberal, I have many liberal friends, and NONE of them "hate' the 1st Amendment and neither do I.

What in the world makes you think you can read the minds of all liberals? That sort of thinking sounds very authoritarian to me.

Quote:
So Obama can single-handedly amend the Constitution?

Are your posts aimed at those "low information" voters whom you think might take this BS seriously?

Well, Obama just sent out instructions to companies that are about to lay off workers bribing them not to follow US Law......a law in which he himself co-sponsored.

WH begs defense contractors not to issue layoff notices

Old 09-29-2012, 11:17 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Stay tuned, don't want to miss anything.
The person specifically asked how large the demonstration was. Perhaps instead of making a pointless post criticizing Fox you should do something constructive and provide your own example.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Put away that crystal ball, it's biased giving you incorrect information.

Exactly how many "liberals" do you know personally, a specific number, please, and how many of them have told you personally that they "hate" the 1st Amendment? I am a liberal, I have many liberal friends, and NONE of them "hate' the 1st Amendment and neither do I.

What in the world makes you think you can read the minds of all liberals? That sort of thinking sounds very authoritarian to me.

Liberals ONLY believe in the 1st Amendment when it's LIBERAL speech being made.

They attempt to limit CONSERVATIVE free speech in many ways including trying to pass a "fairness doctrine" and busing-in astroturf union members to shout down a conservative making a speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies