Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,949,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
They can protest all they want. Never going to happen. Someone needs to explain to them that if they can't handle it, the United States may not be the best place for them to live.
Sure it will happen.

They are close to having a majority in many areas of the country already. Not a majority of muslims of course but a majority of those that would put limits on free speech many of them can be found right here in the pages of CD.

I don't like homosexuals. In fact I detest their activities finding them abhorrent, unnatural and perverted. Now watch me be moderated, most likely get a warning along with many right here on CD calling for my permanent banning.

We see this across the country where Christians are constantly being attacked by anyone other than Christians. It really is amazing the support muslims get from the progressives who don't realize they will be the first to be executed should muslims ever take over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 AM

27,169 posts, read 15,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow. And here I was watching for something to come out of Dearborn and when nothing did I was glad.
Seems they just waited a while.

Why did they move here if they do not like our laws ? You move to a country then you agree to their laws.
They are more than welcome to move back to their home country where the rules are strict to their liking.

They're on a mission.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,077,844 times
snopes.com: Muslims Out of Australia!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
According to the Detroit Free Press, an actual newspaper not an opinion piece which is what the OP linked to, the protest was about "the movie". Not specifically the First Amendment. Slight difference there.

I've seen a couple of movies I'd protest myself. "Catwoman" being at the top of the list.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
I really don't know why we're bringing in all these people. They despise our freedoms, they despise our rights, they despise us.

They already have their Islamic paradises with Sharia laws all set up, they can pack up and relocate themselves to one of them.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,722,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
The assault has been underway for years. Most recently NYC has banned 'offensive language' in advertising on city property.
That's 100% correct....scary isn't it?

And of course we have the anti-Islam filmmaker now conveniently being arrested for "parole violations" just so Obama can tell his Radical Islamist friends he did something to punish the guy!!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Sure it will happen.

They are close to having a majority in many areas of the country already. Not a majority of muslims of course but a majority of those that would put limits on free speech many of them can be found right here in the pages of CD.

I don't like homosexuals. In fact I detest their activities finding them abhorrent, unnatural and perverted. Now watch me be moderated, most likely get a warning along with many right here on CD calling for my permanent banning.

We see this across the country where Christians are constantly being attacked by anyone other than Christians. It really is amazing the support muslims get from the progressives who don't realize they will be the first to be executed should muslims ever take over.

City-Data can censor you all you want, and should have reasonable limits on what is acceptable speech if it wants to continue to function as a viable business where all people of all demographics feel comfortable and want to post. It isn't a charity or hate site. Plenty of sites like that out there (who themselves will remove or censor posts that do not go against the hate line).

Christians are not innocent martyrs in this issue. It's actually a bit of come-uppance for centuries of unfettered ability to malign everything under the sun with the apparent authority of god.

"Blasphemy laws" are irreconcilable with the first amendment. It wouldn't make it past the courts.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:34 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,722,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
According to the Detroit Free Press, an actual newspaper not an opinion piece which is what the OP linked to, the protest was about "the movie". Not specifically the First Amendment. Slight difference there.

So the Detroit News isn't an "actual newspaper"????

Posted by Henry Payne (The Detroit News)on Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Oh and instead of parsing, why not be HONEST?

A protest against the movie IS a protest against free speech.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
They can protest all they want. Never going to happen. Someone needs to explain to them that if they can't handle it, the United States may not be the best place for them to live.
It has started.....

NYC MTA can ban an ad if they determine it might incite violence. See that ? The MTA can decide if an ad might offend someone to the point of violence and ban the ad.

This came about after the Egyptian journalist got arrested for spray painting those anti-jihad ads in the subway. Read the last paragraph that I pasted below closely...the majority of people attending the meeting APPROVED of it.

Took the MTA all of 3 days to put that together and pass it. Government can act mighty quick when it wants to as you can see.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/28/ny...ntroversy.html
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority approved new guidelines for advertisements on Thursday, prohibiting those that it “reasonably foresees would imminently incite or provoke violence or other immediate breach of the peace.”
The authority said it believed the new guidelines adhered to the court’s ruling and would withstand any potential First Amendment challenge.
Many at the meeting held signs echoing the Occupy Wall Street movement’s message. “The subway belongs to the 99 percent,” they read. “Take the racist ads down.”

Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 AM

407 posts, read 830,423 times
Quote:
Exactly.

If you want to live under the harsh and un-forgiving rule of Shira Law, then pack your bags and go to where it is practiced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies