Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yes, he was quite the hero in rural, white America.

Out of curiosity, what is the farthest you've ever ventured off a four-lane highway?

Now, are you going to answer my question or continue ducking it?
What question? I answered your question where you were confused as to the role of the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What question? I answered your question where you were confused as to the role of the Constitution.
Aw, don't weasel out of it, answer the question: Are my 1st Amendment rights restricted when I am prohibited from saying whatever I wish while working for a fully public, government institution?

Come on, don't weasel, answer the question.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Aw, don't weasel out of it, answer the question: Are my 1st Amendment rights restricted when I am prohibited from saying whatever I wish while working for a fully public, government institution?

Come on, don't weasel, answer the question.
I answered it. I have no idea what you are saying. If you are saying to your co-worker that you want to kill them , then no, your rights are not being restricted.

So no, you can not say whatever you wish.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM

81 posts, read 106,489 times
Oh how deep the Government will reach! it is sad. Very happy they won there right to prayers, perhaps they can develope a new cheer in recognition of there victory...GOOOOOOO Citizens Rights!!!!.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,912 times
To be honest, this whole religion in school is getting real old. I'm glad this crap never went on when I was in HS; there was enough drama going on without some religious mother****er trying to push crap all over. It isn't even real Christianity they're pushing in the media, it's gussied up old Roman paganism with a Christ happy face on it. You know, the religion where you bow before the emperor or else? The 'Christian' Right in America worships the Easter Bunny more than it follows the word of God but pretends to be devout and holy and...no just ****! If Jesus of Nazareth was alive today I guess he'd pray for all the religious crazies to be beamed to Antarctica and then would tell the more saner ones to get a life.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTMonzstarr View Post
Oh how deep the Government will reach! it is sad. Very happy they won there right to prayers, perhaps they can develope a new cheer in recognition of there victory...GOOOOOOO Citizens Rights!!!!.
What about the rights of non-Christian citizens?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
What about the rights of non-Christian citizens?
What about them?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Obviously he did'nt graduate from Princeton because now at that university msulims have decided its against their laws to allow men and women to share the gym at the same time' this happend several years ago'.So it seperated the times for male and female to visit the gym ........for religious reasons.

And lets not forget the time allowed for muslim prayer in many schools now across the nation. It seems God is out and allah is in .
Princeton is a private institution ... just like, say, Notre Dame University or Yeshiva University. They can do anything they like.

No one answered my question:

Why would a group of cheerleaders want to hoist a banner with a religious message on it?

Isn't cheer leading about generating enthusiastic noise to urge your sports team on to victory?

Do cheerleaders at professional sporting events do this sort of thing? Is it appropriate?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I answered it. I have no idea what you are saying. If you are saying to your co-worker that you want to kill them , then no, your rights are not being restricted.

So no, you can not say whatever you wish.
Ah, now that's classic. After using specific examples of using racial epithets, swearing or insulting a particular religion, you choose to ignore those and instead use your own example of me threatening to kill someone. Observe, readers, someone using thoroughly dishonest tactics to avoid answering a question. What a pathetic display this has been.

But thank you for acknowledging that I may not say whatever I wish. In that same way, cheerleaders for the school football team may be restricted in what they say, even when it pertains to religion.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Excellent point.

Of course not. And since a Satanist wouldn't be permitted to get the mic and say their little prayer, why should a Christian get to? Same for the banner. Equal or no religious expression. For some reason, that doesn't strike many Christians here as a good idea
Good question,

sa·tan·ic *(s-tnk, s-) or sa·tan·i·cal (--kl)
adj.
1. Relating to or suggestive of Satan or evil.
2. Profoundly cruel or evil; fiendish.

Christianity is all about virtue, charity, fortitude, faith and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies