Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM

143 posts, read 122,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
He probably thinks that CD posters will be horrified at the mere prospect of loosing such a valuable citizen and thus vote for Romney just so that their beloved Tiger won't leave

That's how the Ayn Rand fantasy is supposed to play out. The underclass compliantly goes down the tubes as ubermensch such as our hero heads off into the sunset where his awesomeness becomes even more awesome. The fact is John Galt is no more based in reality than the Easter Bunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,988,607 times
I'm looking at Thailand and Malaysia.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
You should buy a tormented conservatives house in the Chicago suburbs so the poor guy can move to America and enjoy a little freedom before he dies or gets murdered by 0bama's gangster government...

You will get to enjoy the progressive utopia there that your pushing hard for that's just beginning to make a fundamental transformation forward!!!
Uhhh... WTH? Is this even English?

I'm thinking of buying some stock in tin foil after reading this thread, LOL.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 AM

376 posts, read 653,059 times
Default Malay & Thai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negative View Post
I'm looking at Thailand and Malaysia.
Have you been there Tyoe O? I recently took a 2 week tour mostly of Malaysia as I already have traveled extensively in Thailand. If you're single, Thailand is the better choice imo. If you're married, then it's a close call.

I spent most of my time in Kuala Lumpur with significant time in Kuching (Borneo). KL is pretty advanced city with excellent infrastructure, fantastic food, and very inexpensive compared to U.S. or European cities. Kuching is smaller but has decent infrastructure and is quite inexpensive. Crime is low but consider that 60% of Malaysia in Muslim so that affects things like inability to converse with Muslim females, many places don't have pork and while they have freedom of religion, there's a strong preference for Islam.

Thailand has wonderful people and culture, is crazy inexpensive, has fantastic food, it is a bit sleezy and dirty in many areas but still very safe. I've looked at Bangkok, Chaing Mai, Phuket, & Cha Am/Hua Hin. they're all nice depending if you want beaches, mountains, city, etc.

Happy hunting.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Given the path Obama is pursuing to destroy commerce in the USA, I'm looking for alternatives if he wins again. Actually most every American that I'm working with are doing the same.

When it was obvious Obama would win the last time, I pulled most of my money and investments out of the US and saved and built my wealth tremendously by doing so. I'll pull more out if he wins again and liekly emigrate. The 47% will soon be 60% and all incentive to invest and grow the US economy will be gone. For those happy to see the US destroyed, congrats.
Adios amigo

Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Defenders of Prosperity: Obama Circumvents Senate and the Constitution Here is one example... do a google search and you will find "bookoo".
That link was about recess appointments. Are you really saying that this is the best you could come up with to show Obama has ditched half te constitution? Recess appointments are clearly stated as a presidential power in Article II.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM

376 posts, read 653,059 times
Default Not so fast minii naiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Adios amigo
After that Romney beat down of Obama with a score of 67-25, this election could be swinging.

minii naiz - Mongolian for "my friend."

Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I would have to consider moving out if RONMEY an RILEY win. I would sell off all my investments and take the money and run.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 AM

341 posts, read 641,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would have to consider moving out if RONMEY an RILEY win. I would sell off all my investments and take the money and run.
Me too but I hope no because I don't want a WWIII.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
After that Romney beat down of Obama with a score of 67-25, this election could be swinging.

minii naiz - Mongolian for "my friend."
Yup, Romney was the better Democrat in that debate that's for sure. Oh, you were hoping for a Republican candidate to win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies