Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:59 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Sure, but I'd like to know what you think it is because you're saying something that I don't understand. The Supreme Court ruled in Flemming v Nestor that you have no right to that money, so when you say that you paid into Social Security, it really doesn't matter that you paid into it. As soon as you pay the money, it's no longer yours.
good argument against the bloated public sector pensions and healthcare plans,cept those leaches dont pay in as much as the poor property owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
As if it were about i-phones. It's about standard of living declining for your kids.

Typical selfish baby boomers.

Signed
Gen Xer
My kids won't have to worry. They both have/will have college degrees and other real world skills that will help them earn a good living.

They don't expect to graduate from college and move right into a cubicle with a big salary. My daughter waited on tables and started at the bottom at an insurance company when she graduated from college. She just got a promotion and at 27 years old she just passed her old man up in income.

My son is in his second year of college and not only will he have a degree in Criminal Justice, he is also an accomplished carpenter with a real talent for finish work so if an office job or law degree isn't in his future he can build houses and make a good living.

The younger generation is going to have to be flexible and multi talented.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
The last two generations do not differ much from the new younger generation...All generations think they are the best and the previous one was bad...sorry people- we are all the same...The next generation will look back on you with contempt once you are older- If you manage to last that long...It is not easy to survive for 60 years...most of the people that I know- well....the majority are dead already...This generation has one duty- keep breathing till you get to the point where the younger ones will attempt to force blame on you- Mark my words- YOU will be old and YOU will get exactly what you are giving us older men and woman..be prepared- You are no different than me.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Nobody dispises war more than those who have gone and no-one respects those who must go, more than those who have gone before them.
Wise words, freightshaker.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Or maybe he was just having a bad day 'cuz somebody "unfriended" him on Facebook...
Probably his grandfather unfriended him so he hates older people and wants to throw all the retired people out into the street.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Sure, but I'd like to know what you think it is because you're saying something that I don't understand. The Supreme Court ruled in Flemming v Nestor that you have no right to that money, so when you say that you paid into Social Security, it really doesn't matter that you paid into it. As soon as you pay the money, it's no longer yours.
Uh, that's how insurance works. Try get a refund on your car insurance payments.

Let us know how that works out.

Not reimbursing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
LMAO... First of all, there was nowhere near $800,000 (more like $8.57), and second, the wife already got to it..... And spent it...
Try harder next time.

Digging...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I bolded your I there because it (taken with your post as a whole) illustrates an important issue and source of confusion. Social security is not merely a scheme for redistributing cash from one generation to another but from people who made more money before they retired to people who made less.
But that isn't true at all. What is the minimum monthly Social Security check? $1.

Social Security will not pay less than $1 per month in benefits.

There are people who got their 40 quarters of credit and get $1 per month in benefits.

I know of someone who gets $80/month. So you wanna explain how "wealth" is being redistributed?

There is no flat minimum benefit for Social Security. Not only that, but there is no relationship between the amount of money you paid in, and the amount of your benefit. Your benefit is determined by a formula that is based on your average monthly wages, not your average monthly FICA payments.

As of today, in order to get credit for 1 quarter, you must earn $1,300 over calendar quarter.

Quote:
The amounts that people get out do not scale equivalently with what they put in.
Yeah? So what? Who cares? It's an insurance plan.

Somebody buys a car, makes their first $156 insurance payment and then three days later totals a $60,000 SUV, a $45,000 Honda, does $17,000 in miscellaneous property damage, and $575,000 in hospital/medical bills.

Yeah? And? Aren't you gong to throw an hissy fit because that person "didn't pay enough?"

Aren't you going to scream and rant because wealth is being "redistributed" to cover the pay-out on the insurance claim?

No? Why not?

If you drank the Kool-Aid and took the Blue Pill believing Social Security was the Rolls Royce of Money Market/Hedge Fund/Pension Plan/Retirement Accounts, that's just too bad.

42 USC § 402 - Old-age and survivors insurance benefit payments

(a) Old-age insurance benefits Every individual who—
(1) is a fully insured individual (as defined in section 414 (a) of this title),
(2) has attained age 62, and
(3) has filed application for old-age insurance benefits or was entitled to disability insurance benefits for the month preceding the month in which he attained retirement age (as defined in section 416 (l) of this title), shall be entitled to an old-age insurance benefit for each month, beginning with—

That's the law.

Who here does not understand the meaning of the word insurance?

If you don't like the law, change it. That's why there's "elections."

Quote:
Further, you do not have to put in a full career to be eligible. Correct me if I have the exact number wrong, but I believe about 10 years is the requirement for full benefits.
Sure, 40 quarters or 10 years, same thing, but as I explained, you have to earn a minimum amount of money during each quarter. I stress again --- earn -- not pay in -- the amount of money you pay in is irrelevant.

That was $250 in earnings per quarter in 1978. Why? Because the law changed in 1977. The amount goes up every year. In 2013, you will need to earn $1,170 in a calendar quarter to get credit for the quarter.

Quote:
You personally may very well have paid more money in payroll taxes than the expected value of your benefits, but, your generation as a whole paid much less.
The Silent Generation got slammed with a 520% FICA tax increase. The $2.6 TRILLION in the OASDI Trust Fund? You can thank the Silent Generation for putting most of that money there.

The Boomer Generation took a hit with a 71% FICA tax increase. Again, that $2.6 TRILLION in the OASDI Trust Fund? The Boomers put the other half of that money there.

What have Generation X-Box and Generation Y-Work contributed to the Trust Fund?

Uh, we're still waiting for them to contribute.

Thus far, every generation got hit with a FICA payroll tax increase, except Generation X-Box and Generation Y-Work. Their day is coming......soon.

Quote:
Social security is a pay-as-you-go government redistribution program, not a proper pension program.
Figure that out all by yourself, did you? It would have been easier just to go read the law....

42 USC § 402 - Old-age and survivors insurance benefit payments

(a) Old-age insurance benefits Every individual who—
(1) is a fully insured individual (as defined in section 414 (a) of this title),
(2) has attained age 62, and
(3) has filed application for old-age insurance benefits or was entitled to disability insurance benefits for the month preceding the month in which he attained retirement age (as defined in section 416 (l) of this title), shall be entitled to an old-age insurance benefit for each month, beginning with—

.....note that the words "pension" and "plan" and "savings" and "account" are not in the law.

Neither are the words "personal" or "private."

You know your tax dollars are used to publish Tomes of Knowledge and maintain web-sites with the same knowledge. You all should go check it out once in a Blue Moon. It'd be worth your while.

Quote:
If you remember back to Bush's failed attempt to implement individual accounts, that was all about trying to transform social security from what it is into a real pension plan.
That was stupid, and if you all fall for that, then I laugh in your general direction.

Social Security is an insurance program. If they want to privatize an insurance program, I'm all for that, but don't let them engage in a massive redirection of cash Capital into into the Market.

You'll be sorry. I guarantee it.

Portending...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I paid into SS. ALL people who pay taxes in the US pay into SS.
Well, no, actually all people who work pay FICA taxes. There are people who do not pay FICA taxes. If I would be a Wall Street Wizardâ„¢ then I would not be paying FICA taxes. All I would ever do is buy and sell stocks now and again for cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I'm in my late 40's and my SS benefits won't come in till I'm about 68 or so. If they get cut off; expect us "old people" to raise hell big time cause WE paid into SS.
Raise hell all you want, but you cannot squeeze blood from a turnip.

Sagely...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Heck, when a Harvard-educated black guy can't even assume the job of POTUS without a bunch of yahoos ragging him for being an "uppity muslim Kenyan", then what chance does the average 'minority' have?
That would depend on their character. If they are an aggrandizing narcissistic lying sack of runny excrement (like Obama) then I will treat them like the scum they are. Otherwise we'd probably have lunch at Enzo's in Over-the-Rhine.

I am not at all impressed by Ivy League graduates. In fact, the "you-Harvard" crowd has done nothing but destroy your country for the last 70 years.

If it would be up to me, I'd have all Ivy Leaguers in government taken out and shot, and then establish a 77-year ban on hiring anyone who even saw an Ivy League college, even if it was just pictures in a newspaper or book.

Big Ten rules...

Mircea

Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Pretty powerful stuff about how the Baby Boomers, the worst generation in history, are waging a generational war against the rest of America.

Generational Warfare: The Case Against Parasitic Baby Boomers - NationalJournal.com
I read the article and watched the interview of Tankersley... and he's weak, limp wrist whining fraud who works for this subsidiary of Atlantic Media Group (National Journal), owned by David Bradley, who is not just a member of both the Council on Foreign Relations and Trilateral Commission, but is also on the freaking Board of the Council on Foreign Relations, with the rest of the company structure filled with Washington insiders, with most of these elitist ner-do-well mutts products of Yale and Harvard ..... and if I have to explain the significance of this, then you'll not understand it anyway.

In any event, every charge and every ill this nincompoop assigns to "baby boomers", including his own father who he lovingly labels a "parasite" have resulted from policies and structures that were established and put in place before the boomers were even born. This little twerp either hasn't a real clue, or he's just a corrupt little fraud making a very good living as a paid propagandist. And that is what the mainstream media is today in it's entirety ... presstitutes, one and all.

What Tankersley is engaging in here is just another element of the divide and conquer ... blame the victim routine. We've seen the racial warfare, and the gender warfare, and the class warfare and now, this assclown is promoting a generation war. And it's oh so convenient for idiots like this to generate ill will toward the elderly ... that way, all of more recent generations can watch this planned austerity be implemented on the backs of old people, and believe it to serve them right for all of this harm they have caused by their greed and luxurious life they enjoyed at the expense of the Gen-X and Gen-Y 'victims'. It's such a transparent fraud, but I tell ya this .... no generations have ever been so gullible and dumbed down as the X's and Y's .... none. These two generations of marzist kool-aide guzzlers will believe any BS story fed them, even though their access to information is greater than any previous generation could have ever hoped for. Though, unlike them, I shall blame the true culprits for this, rather than blaming them, because they are just products of an education system that has filled their heads with marxist mush. Blame capitalism, blame baby boomers, blame anyone that appears to have had it better than they currently do. But they're just too stupid to realize that all of these problems they are complaining about are the very predictable results of leftist policies operating over the past 40 years to which they are the greatest champions of today, to include demanding MORE OF THE SAME. They have no earthly idea about what caused the difficulties WE ALL FACE right now.

I won't go down the entire list of points Tankersley wants to blame his "parasite dad" for ... from high costs of education to out of control government spending, to CO2 and Global Warming ... because all of it is reflective of a crashing economy due to it being based on a "ponzi scheme" that was created even before the baby boomer's parents were of an adult age.

The establishment of a group of international criminals to control the currency and monetary policies of the United States happened in 1913, as well as the 16th Amendment fashioned and passed in the same year designed to tax the American people for the next 100 years of criminal financial fraud that was to follow. The FED created the great depression, and the internationalists that control the FED were responsible for creating WW I and WW II, and the US involvement in those European wars. And the crony capitalist system they devised to replace our constitutional government has been behind all of the boom and bust cycles ever since ... growing the economy and then crashing it in order to consolidate the wealth created during the boom periods. That's how the scheme was designed to work.

But like all frauds, it is destined to collapse under the weight of it's own corruption and inherent flaws. Debt based economic systems using fiat currency have always failed ... every single time ... and what is happening here in the US is happening all around the world too ... so blaming US baby boomers for this global implosion is frankly absurd.

The reasons Gen-X and Gen-Y's believe what they believe and behave the way the behave was deliberately planned and implemented from grade school to post grad ... and that is the plain truth of the matter. And if you want to know more about this takeover of the education system (which began it's planning at the turn of the century, circa 1908 time frame, just read this post from another thread for the details:

//www.city-data.com/forum/26407332-post30.html

The problems all of us face ... including the boomers is a result of an inevitable crash of a system that by nature can only result in a crash. People just don't understand the economics of this system because they've been deliberately lied to all their lives .. including the boomers. But simple math is simple math, and that's really all it takes to understand WHY the system is imploding. The facts are, debt based economics can only generate greater and greater amounts of debt that can never be repaid, and will eventually reach the point of total failure as the debt reaches critical mass.

If every dollar created has interest debt attached to it upon it's creation, where does the money come from to pay off the interest? It doesn't exist. If you create a 1 dollar, and you then owe $1.05 (.05 is interest) there still is only $1 that exists. So no matter how many of those dollars you create, each one carries the interest debt and you will always owe more than there is money in existence to pay of the debt. And that's just a straight 1 to 1 formula .... our "fractional reserve system" magnifies that problem 10 FOLD ... when banks take 1 dollar and lend 9 dollars, all at interest ... creating enormous amounts of debt on money that does even exist .... you have a system that can do nothing but fail, eventually ... which is what we are seeing happening right now.

The Gen-X'ers, who's egregiously dumb rear ends came into existence and were fed and clothed and taken care of by those boomers they call "parasites" are just spoiled little numbskulls who think they are brilliant, but are in reality, even more clueless than the clueless parents that created them. Very few of the Boomer generation actually had any understanding of the system, save for those in the top .5% that were part of the fraud. The rest ... all just victims of that fraud, including the X's Y's and boomers too.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 10-09-2012 at 12:15 AM..

Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

That would depend on their character. If they are an aggrandizing narcissistic lying sack of runny excrement (like Obama) then I will treat them like the scum they are. Otherwise we'd probably have lunch at Enzo's in Over-the-Rhine.

I am not at all impressed by Ivy League graduates. In fact, the "you-Harvard" crowd has done nothing but destroy your country for the last 70 years.

If it would be up to me, I'd have all Ivy Leaguers in government taken out and shot, and then establish a 77-year ban on hiring anyone who even saw an Ivy League college, even if it was just pictures in a newspaper or book.

Big Ten rules...

Mircea
Here here!! The ivy league schools ... particularly Yale and Harvard are just the "finishing schools" for elitist children to enter the world of financial corruption as pre-selected winners right from the beginning. It's the pedigree .... of course not every graduate can be defined that way ... there are regular folks who attend and graduate and go on to become producing citizens .... but there is an element coming out of these schools who are the "made men" of the elitist mafia that are sucking the system dry, and all they "produce" is misery.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Here here!! The ivy league schools ... particularly Yale and Harvard are just the "finishing schools" for elitist children to enter the world of financial corruption as pre-selected winners right from the beginning. It's the pedigree .... of course not every graduate can be defined that way ... there are regular folks who attend and graduate and go on to become producing citizens .... but there is an element coming out of these schools who are the "made men" of the elitist mafia that are sucking the system dry, and all they "produce" is misery.
This is what I have seen. There was the first love of my youth..Her father died within the same year mine passed away...I never met her dad by I hung out with her family for about 4 years...Here father made his money trading booze with Joe Kennedy and his gang... He took the money from these dealings and sent all of his son's to law school and in the mean time...he started what are now major corporations in Canada.

His eldest son became the new "god father" - respectable and influential...This son grew to control billions of dollars and was entrusted to guard the cash of an elite...He was dutiful..pragmatic to a fault- cold and uncompromising. Eventually there was not a company in Canada that he did not have influence over- his pride and arrogance was unprecedented.

After 35 years - I started to communicate with this man. I enjoyed our conversations. I got too understand the mentality of this elite. One day as we spoke on the phone he said - "What do you think of the weather I sent you"?.....The comment made me realize that he had a god complex...it is not about money with these people. It is about absolute power and control of the masses. They have so much wealth that wealth bores them.

Finally the man suddenly died...He had a heart attack- "That he did not recover from" - of course he had sent millions to researchers of heart disease..but to no avail..His time came and he was taken...like any other ordinary man...Are these types parasites? In all honesty and respect- some are men of duty how are prisoners of the empires they create. The reality is - Yes they do and did suck the blood out of humanity..They justify their actions through charity..but the truth is they are evil men..who enjoy to watch the suffering of others.

They are highly trained from childhood- to dominate...but what I did notice was they are not brilliant...wise yes but not that smart- The fact that he took the time to listen to me...someone in poverty..someone in need of a break in life..someone who harbors benevolence for my fellow man...demonstrated that they really don't know what is going on...and their primary purpose for existence is to ensure the wealth of the wealthy..to ensure that their elite stay in power......and to make sure that those who can think clearly are never really heard.....Purpose? Money with out purpose is a curse.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 AM

Personally the great obscenity in my case was that this guy...who probably had control of well over 40 billion dollars...took great glee in his position..The fact that he sat in his ivory tower...and would chat in earnest and interest with a pauper such as myself- and not life a finger to help...was obscene...These people altered my life- and I wish I had never met them...My father at first was pleased that I might marry into such wealth- but after meeting them...he said "Run"- they will bring you heart break and destruction- I suppose they knew I was not willing to harm others for gain and power- that I would never fit in- so they disposed of me like a young lost dog.

Not to sound bitter...but in the end- I won the match...I live...I breathe and I have hope and faith- they are deceased...Which makes me the most wealthy man on earth..than God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies