Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 03:15 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,923,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Racism will always be an issue in this country as long as we have Republicans and conservatives.
LOL..

Right, get rid of those damned Neo-Cons and there will be no more racism!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,187,124 times
I see more black on white and hispanic on white racism than white on black/hispanic racism. When I lived in Miami I had a very hard time getting a job because I was not a Hispanic and especially not Cuban. When I applied for a government job in DC I was never hired but I saw several of my black friends get the same job even though they could barely write a sentence.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,005,789 times
Quote:
Why can't Americans deal with RACISM?
That's a strange question. America deals with racism far more and better than most countries who still pretend racism is only an American problem and not something that happens in their country.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
From my position, up here, north of the 49th paralell, it would seem that many Americans of whatever race, have a vested interest in NOT solving the problem.

I'm talking about those individuals and organisations that make a living from racial unrest, such as the NAACP, and the Black Panthers and the Black Muslims. And don't forget the Nation Of Islam, either.

Here in Canada, it is a very rare thing to have any one attempt to "play the race card " in connection with getting a job, or being admitted to a University. Imagine a country where getting a scholarship is actually based on "Scholarship " not race ? And the best "person for the job " actually gets the job ?

Of course, we also don't have the long and sordid history of racial animosity that the USA has, nor do we have the millions of dis-advantaged citizens who get second rate education and miserable living conditions, related to their racial identity.

Wiser men than I have agonized over this problem, for decades, I don't see it getting any better, any time soon. The powder keg fuse is just a few inches from the flame that is threatening to explode, again.

I'm old enough to remember standing in Windsor, Ontario in the summer of 1968, watching Detroit burn, just across the river, and listening to the sound of 50 caliber machine guns being fired by the Michigan National Guard troops.

Jim B

Toronto.
Your country also has a lot smaller minority population. And if you expect me to believe there is no "good old boys" network in Canada regarding employment, admission to college, etc, I have a beach in Colorado to sell you.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 PM

7,819 posts, read 6,409,101 times
What incentive do the majority of the population (white people) have to solve this problem when all Democratic solutions involve taking things away from white people?

Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,193,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
As Bob Dylan said a few weeks ago: Americans are at each others throats when it comes to race.

BOTH blacks and whites have a role to play in this. It's not one group, it's both.
Sorry, American are not racist. It is the politicians push out the race card and the pro party just play along with it. More like taking order from their party leader.

I was in the Marine and we have all kind of race, and I did not see any racism there. Now, I like in a block with people with all different color skins. If you want to label them, they are: white, black, Hispanics, Asian, russian, etc, and guess what, no problem whatsoever.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:12 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,218,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Total nonsense. Millions of blacks and whites interact everyday all across the country.

Not only do they not have any problems, they get along just fine.

Sometimes they even become friends.

But don't tell anyone. If people found out then the dopey arse liberals would have to find another make believe issue to cry about.

Very well stated!
I am so sick of these topics
most folks get along fine with other folks
what I am sick of is the race baiters
the race is all they see
I decide how I like someone on how the act as a person, not what color they are
there are folks that are not happy unless they drag race into it
there ARE racists, no doubt about it, but they get fed all the time
by the other clowns that eat, drink and sleep color
I have a lot better things to do with my life than listen to these narrow
minded folks
good grief
how many words are now tabo beause it is RACIST!!
Like the word "apartment"
so rant on, but I am not a part of that
I do not by into white guilt
or if I disagree with Obama it is because he is black
I refuse to participate in that bull crap

Old 10-14-2012, 02:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
how many words are now tabo beause it is RACIST!!
Well, I'm not going to give anyone encouragement by listing them, but yes, there are a lot of racist words out there.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Racism will always be an issue in this country as long as we have Republicans and conservatives.
Funny considering the most racist areas are liberal. Which party is it who says "you can" and which party is it who says "you can't without our help"? Liberal democrats are the most self deluded racists on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Here in Canada, it is a very rare thing to have any one attempt to "play the race card " in connection with getting a job, or being admitted to a University. Imagine a country where getting a scholarship is actually based on "Scholarship " not race ? And the best "person for the job " actually gets the job ?

Jim B

Toronto.
Which is just how it should be, how conservatives want it to be and what liberal democrats fight tooth and nail to prevent.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,297,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
As Bob Dylan said a few weeks ago: Americans are at each others throats when it comes to race.

BOTH blacks and whites have a role to play in this. It's not one group, it's both.
I really don't hear whites obsessing about race. I think a lot of that is a black thing stirred up these days by the Democrat party and people like Al Sharpton, the New Black Panthers and at times our own President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies