Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Tim Scott; black conservative republican congressman from................South Carolina

Nikki Haley; Indian American conservative republican female governor from............................South Carolina

Alan West; black conservative republican congressman from.............Florida

Bobby Jindal; Indian American conservative governor from...................Louisiana

Thread Fail.
Ah, brilliant. Four elected minority Republicans just has to mean that Republicans are not more disproportionately prejudiced. Funny, how brentwood girl just noted that avowed racists can clearly bring themselves to vote for minorities, yet the argument that will be advance by our right-wingers will now be that because there are a handful of elected, minority Republicans, then Republican voters cannot be prejudiced.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Ah, brilliant. Four elected minority Republicans just has to mean that Republicans are not more disproportionately prejudiced. Funny, how brentwood girl just noted that avowed racists can clearly bring themselves to vote for minorities, yet the argument that will be advance by our right-wingers will now be that because there are a handful of elected, minority Republicans, then Republican voters cannot be prejudiced.
Why would racists who hate black people vote for black people? Answer me that one genius. Btw, that isn't a rhetorical question, I want an answer from you.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
No, no one is saying "it's all good" in a situation like that. We see precisely the phenomenon you're referencing in a place like West Virginia, which, if Hillary had been elected in 2008, would almost certainly be leaning Dem at this point.

In all likelihood, you are simply ignorant of what rural life in America entails. I've lived in rural areas my entire life. Rural areas in America are rife with racial prejudice. The people who exhibit this prejudice are usually self-identified "conservatives." Not all, just most. Much of the prejudice is simply due to the fact that these folks never come into contact with folks of other races. Regardless the reason, these type of folks naturally gravitate towards the party that devotes more time to villifying those lazy minorities who are taking their hard-earned money from them or will protect their absolute right to shoot dead the black men who want to get after their white wives and white daughters. If the game here is going to be to contend that there's an equal number of bigots on each side, you will not be persuasive to those not locked in willful ignorance.

This will be a good test of your intellectual honesty: Where would you be more likely to see a racist placard, at a Tea Party rally or an OWS rally? Be honest.
I haven't been to either event, but you can find incidents of racism at both. There's video of a black man calling Obama a "house n-----" at an OWS event and plenty of anti-Semitic signs and behavior.
israel today | Israel News | Israelis worried by anti-Semitic flavor of 'Occupy Wall St.' protests - israel today | Israel News

The black panthers are unbelievably racist- calling on people to "skin white people." Are they racist? Are they conservative?

Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
I totally agree with you! There are many open minded, intelligent Republicans, and I was never trying to say that they don't exist! I came from a community like that. But you can't ignore the racial element in the GOP. They're an increasingly large block of the party, while the educated suburban vote in most of the country has moved towards the Democrats.
If you look across the country more Latinos hold elected office as Republicans than Democrats.

Republicans elected more blacks in the 2010 midterms than did Democrats.

Democrats elected former KKK members David Duke and Robert Byrd.

Democrats fought against the repeal of Jim Crow laws and the Civil Rights legislation.

See that. Both sides can play the silly little race game.

When are Democrats gonna stop this race fear mongering crap.

It's old and tiresome. And you gotta be stoopid to believe it.

Democrats had a chance to elect Hillary Clinton president in 2008. Instead, they chose a wealthy, well-conected male. Therefore Democrats are anti-woman. Sound silly? That's what dopey arse liberals jackwagons sound like when they say Republicans vote based on race.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That is a lie. Regarding voter ID laws, do you believe that black people are incapable of getting an ID?
Give me some examples of civil rights legislation aimed at giving blacks more freedoms that the GOP has pushed in the past 40 years.

In answer to your second question, no I do not. I'm actually not opposed to voter ID laws, so long as a comprehensive effort to get everyone an ID is performed prior to enacting these regulations. I believe in the underlying principle. What is simultaneously obvious is that the GOP is pushing these laws to keep blacks and other groups who never vote Republican from voting. You'd have to be either unusually naive or just plain stupid to not have picked that up at some point.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Democrats elected former KKK members David Duke and Robert Byrd.
Dam*it! I had just made a mental note to preemptively scream, "Robert Byrd was a KKK member!" but I forgot. You geniuses are so predictable.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Give me some examples of civil rights legislation aimed at giving blacks more freedoms that the GOP has pushed in the past 40 years.

In answer to your second question, no I do not. I'm actually not opposed to voter ID laws, so long as a comprehensive effort to get everyone an ID is performed prior to enacting these regulations. I believe in the underlying principle. What is simultaneously obvious is that the GOP is pushing these laws to keep blacks and other groups who never vote Republican from voting. You'd have to be either unusually naive or just plain stupid to not have picked that up at some point.
Give me an example of freedoms that blacks don't have. Your post is moronic.

How is requiring an ID racist? Are stores and restaurants that ID for booze racist towards the poor and blacks? You believe that black people are inferior and incapable of getting an id. That is racist.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
No, no one is saying "it's all good" in a situation like that. We see precisely the phenomenon you're referencing in a place like West Virginia, which, if Hillary had been elected in 2008, would almost certainly be leaning Dem at this point.

In all likelihood, you are simply ignorant of what rural life in America entails. I've lived in rural areas my entire life. Rural areas in America are rife with racial prejudice. The people who exhibit this prejudice are usually self-identified "conservatives." Not all, just most. Much of the prejudice is simply due to the fact that these folks never come into contact with folks of other races. Regardless the reason, these type of folks naturally gravitate towards the party that devotes more time to villifying those lazy minorities who are taking their hard-earned money from them or will protect their absolute right to shoot dead the black men who want to get after their white wives and white daughters. If the game here is going to be to contend that there's an equal number of bigots on each side, you will not be persuasive to those not locked in willful ignorance.

This will be a good test of your intellectual honesty: Where would you be more likely to see a racist placard, at a Tea Party rally or an OWS rally? Be honest.
So West Virginians are racist?

Well, look who they vote for. Democrats. Manchin, Rockefeller, Byrd. If West Virginians are racist then it's because they are mostly Democrats.

It's very difficult for a Republican to get elected in West Virginia.

West Virginians don't like President Obama because he has said repeatedly he wants to put the coal industry out of business.

Sounds to me like your the one displaying ignorance.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Dam*it! I had just made a mental note to preemptively scream, "Robert Byrd was a KKK member!" but I forgot. You geniuses are so predictable.
Can you name a Republican KKK member that was majority leader of the Senate?

I guess it's okay for people to say Republicans are racist. But someone points out racism by Democrats and there is a problem.

Gotcha.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Because ever since the mid-sixties, it has been the Dems who have pushed civil rights legislation. You now have the situation in which Republicans are pushing voter ID laws in a transparent attempt to prevent poor and elderly blacks from voting. It's not exactly a mystery.
That is completely wrong. 19 Senators tried to keep the bill from passing through filibuster. 18 were Democrats and 1 was a Republican. 80+% of the Republicans voted in favor of the bill.
You need to read some history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies