Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,717,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Listen to her, in her own words, here is a 19 min video of her speaking.

Lara Logan’s Speech

Thank you for this link!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Really?

Why then does the Obama White House say it was a terrorist attack that killed our Ambassador and three other Americans?

White House FINALLY admits U.S. consulate attacks in Libya that killed ambassador were acts of terror

White House spokesman said: 'It is self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack'
Just about how many times must you be told I'm not voting for Obama?

Obama in a healthy nation he would be impeached for going into Libya the way he did,

I'm not responsible for Obama. And I don't give a damn what Obama said.

Are you confused? You tell us how Obama lies 20 times per day, then claim it matters who refers to as a "terrorist"..

You're so bent on getting Romney elected it's made you sick....LOL

Last edited by padcrasher; 10-10-2012 at 04:52 PM..

Old 10-10-2012, 04:50 PM

The women is horrible. She rightly tells us the insurgency is growing in Afghanistan. I'm sure Obama has tried to keep a lid on it. That's not news. I've been posting that for the last two years, saying our bombings are just increasing the ranks of those who hate us.

But now she's advocating more violence, more occupation, while at the same time rightly ridiculing the fact it hasn't worked in 10 years.

Deeply confused. She's crossed the line into warmongering.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Go find and adult and ask them if someone can slam racist, bigoted, Obama haters and while at the same time not plan to vote for Obama?

Can you handle that?

In know you can't contemplate somebody putting principle above party loyalty, but let us know what your Mommy says, Ok?

WOW!!

Inspite of all this happening, it is still considered racist and bigoted to disagree with this president.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 PM

Oh look Lara's new warmongering could't possibly be motivated by this.

In 2008 she married Joseph Burkett, a U.S. government defense contractor from Texas, U.S.A. whom she met in Afghanistan.[5] They live in Washington, D.C.,

Income depends on Defense contracts. I'm sure she gets invited to all the DC insider parties with all the Defense Contractors, and Neocons who just love her pushing for more occupation and revenge attacks.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
WOW!!

Inspite of all this happening, it is still considered racist and bigoted to disagree with this president.
You can't read very well. I disagree with the President. I'm not talking about those who disagree with the President.

What don't you get about the term Obama hater?

Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,717,580 times
The crazy thing is that after we helped the Afghans throw the Russians out of their country, we later realized that it was a huge mistake to allow a power vacuum because we left a failed state from which terrorists based their September 11 attacks on America.

And, it's quite OBVIOUS that Obama is about to repeat that mistake and not learn a single thing from that tragic history.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times

YouTube - Lara Logan 2012 BGA Annual Luncheon Keynote Speech

The complete unedited video

Old 10-11-2012, 07:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
She's gone off the deep end urging more US military intervention in sovereign nations against the will of the citizens. For "good outcomes" of course. We've been fighting these needless wars for over a Decade now and the hatred of the US continues to grow as does the sympathy for attacks on the US. She tells us all about the scary Taliban growing and recommends more US violence, as if we haven't tried that before. Pathetic. She's lost her credibility as a reporter.
You don't agree with her agenda.

I don't agree with her agenda, either. But that doesn't mean that she's lost all credibility. She spent many years in the Middle East, and she still has sources and connections there. I think her assessment of the Taliban warrants consideration. I think the assessment of our current administration warrants consideration. I think that current events where the Taliban has been involved warrant consideration. Her position seems to be that the current administration is understating the threat of Middle East extremists. Here's my position, that the Obama administration isn't understating the threat of Middle East extremists, however what they share with the public is incomplete for several reasons. First, that much of the information gathered around the world about terrorist activity is not for public consumption because releasing such information allows our enemies to know what we know, and can possibly endanger our sources of information. Second, that the public's need to know depends on imminent threats, not long-term threats. Third, that there is a danger in overstating the threat of Middle East extremists. Long-term fear diminishes alertness to genuine threats, long-term fear causes social instability, social instability leads to economic instability...... The government has to take into consideration multiple impacts when assessing threats, and when releasing such assessments to the public.

Ms Logan doesn't have to make such considerations. She can dwell on the attack made on her, she can focus on perceived threats from Middle East extremists, both long-term and short-term, and she can share her perceptions with the public. Which is what she's doing. From her point of view, the public isn't as aware of the threats posed by the Taliban and by Al-Qaeda as it should be, and she's sharing what she knows. What she knows still has value, and that value shouldn't be discounted. I think it is a mistake to dismiss her out-of-hand. I think it is equally a mistake to take her comments at face value, without considering the bigger picture.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
If you take her assertions as presented then the logical response is the Last Crusade with the goal of eliminating Islam from the planet. Fighting the Taliban is not war. It is pest control.

How many of you are ready for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies