Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM

73,129 posts, read 62,969,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
you are sort of like a reality cartoon 86% of african american are working 14% are unemployed
This is proof that most Black people want work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebola999 View Post
No. Walmart and MACdonalds jobs do not pay the costs of the bros tattoos much less the cost of healthcare and education costs for 10 illegitimate kids.
Show me proof that most Black people work at Wal-Mart or McDonalds. If you don't have proof, quit talking about things you know nothing about.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,082,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
We have a winner!
Oh, I see. If I can't get it for free-to-me paid for by that poor dumb working stiff and all those idiots that invest their $'s/mortgage their homes and souls to do so then I'm gonna throw a hissy fit and destroy everything around me, also called a temper tantrum which is generally practiced by children who can't control themselves or are never forced to control themselves.

That's when we adults need to "discipline" those unruly children or in "adult" language...knock the crap out of riotors in whatever manner it takes to stop them. Society does not need them if they cannot function within society parameters.

Last edited by lorrysda; 10-17-2012 at 12:16 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
No. The downfall of Black America had nothing to do with rednecks. The downfall is a direct result of the downfall of the black family unit.

The area with the most successful blacks is probably Atlanta which is in the south and there are plenty of rednecks. The NE like NY, Philly, Boston does not have too many rednecks but the blacks live in total ghettos. There are entire black neighborhoods with zero whites. What is holding down the bros?

I bring up race because it is all about race. The reality is blacks are the problem. You blacks blame everything on race. Why wouldn't I bring up race when the reality is you are the problem?
First of all, Black people who have attained high levels of education, and that number has been on the rise since the 1960s, they have left that culture behind. For those who didn't get the education, the bad parts of the culture have stayed, incubated, and continued.

What is thought of as "authentic Black culture" is really a remnant of redneck culture in the South. Most Blacks lived in the South in 1910, and lived around a very destructive culture in the South, especially in Mississippi. When the Great Migrations came, alot of Southern Blacks moved to the northern cities for jobs. Most were relegated to the lowest of the low places. Those who got an education or a decent paying job were able to leave that culture behind. I was talking about the roots of the culture.

What is with Philadelphia and Boston is this. Blacks who became successful stopped living in Black neighborhoods and lived elsewhere. Many Blacks who stayed behind did so because they didn't have the money to do so. And as for Atlanta, Atlanta doesn't have any "rednecks" living in the city. They went out into the rural areas. Atlanta is an anomaly in the South, and alot of Blacks who have moved to Atlanta were from the North, and moved there in the late 20th century.

And my last question: What was the point of you bringing up race in the first place other than to denigrate Black people?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 PM

10,408 posts, read 15,646,088 times
Quote:
No. Walmart and MACdonalds jobs do not pay the costs of the bros tattoos much less the cost of healthcare and education costs for 10 illegitimate kids.

the majority of african american don't have tat's

african american on average have between 2 and 3 kids

Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Where are the black middle class neighborhoods? Can you name a few? My city has ZERO. It sure is not from a lack of opportunity. They get free housing, free school, free food, free healthcare and so on.

Can you list a few neat, clean, safe black neighborhoods in ANY city?
In Atlanta, you have Collier Heights, Cascade Heights. Both are affluent Black neighborhoods.

In Los Angeles, you have Baldwin Hills, Ladera Heights, View Park-Windsor Hills,

In Chicago, you have Country Club Hills.

Here is a list: Affluent African American Communities | AfricanAmericanDigest.com

Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,867,389 times
People would be literally forced to take care of themselves. It doesn't sound so bad at first, but there is a serious lack of good-paying jobs and more people would probably be on the streets. Then living in your car would have to be legalized. I'm all for reforming welfare, but not necessarily getting rid of it.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM

603 posts, read 949,090 times
You would immediately see the rise of a "Religious Left".... The "Religious Right" would vanish for a time.

That is, every organized religious institution that operates any school, hospital, charity, thrift shop, soup kitchen, food bank, clinic, hospice, day care, etc, would immediately denounce every single politician that voted for or signed this change into law.

Every priest, nun, pastor, bishop, rabbi, etc... up to and including the Pope, would call on all of their religious members to have all of that funding reinstated.. and more.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM

41,458 posts, read 59,950,086 times
Wall Street stock prices would collapse as government support evaporated.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebola9999 View Post
I am not trying to denigrate anyone. I am just keeping it real.

The middle class blacks from the south moved north to get away from the "country n1gros". Country n1gr0s is how the upper class blacks referred to the lower class blacks. The problem is many of the middle nad upper class blacks lowered their standards and they are now country n1gros themselves. Just look at the phrase "acting white". The fact is many blacks look at doing the right thing as a negative. Once you admit that fact then it is easy to see the real problem with blacks.

Why do you afraid to address black problems? How are you ever going to fix the problem when you won't even admit there is a problem? Do you think it is acceptable for blacks to destroy schools and attack teachers?
Well, with fallacious statements such as "Dems don't want work", what am I suppose to think?

Middle class Blacks were moving to the north for the same reason poor Blacks were.They wanted more job opportunities and they wanted to get away from the Jim Crow South.

Do you have any prove that middle class Blacks lowered their standards? Last time I checked, they were often the first persons to leave Black neighborhoods when the restrictive covenants were declared unconstitutional.

Where did "acting white" come from? Before you can state the problems that are occurring, you have to know the root of the problem.

Why am I afraid? I'm not afraid to address certain issues. The problem is you, and people like you. You made quite a few fallacious statements such as "most Dems don't want work" or statements regarding McDonalds, WalMart, and tattoos. With statements like that, no one will want to discuss these issues with you except racist individuals. It isn't that most Blacks don't want to discuss it. It is that some Blacks feel that non-Blacks don't really understand the problems. The issue here is trust.

Bill Cosby made some statements a few years ago. Many Blacks agreed with him. However, they didn't want him to say those things in public. The issue was not him discussing it. It was the fact that he discussed it publicly. No one wants their dirty laundry aired out in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies