Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Actually it's the US that is creating the growth of terrorists/spread of terrorism. If we didn't interfere with the governments of countries and/or left these countries alone there wouldn't be a considerable number of populations from various countries that hate us so much. And they will pass that hatred down to their children.
I agree totally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually Romney already declared he would flood weapons to Syria where al Qaeda is active. Secondly Obama has done nothing regarding Hamas, but Bush actually put them in power in Palestine. Bush also bullied israel into pulling their troops and civilians out of gaza, where Hamas is now in full control. Bush also opened the "university of terror" in Iraq which gave an untold number of people an opportunity to become terrorists.

AH, I vioce of reason

Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
By Jake Tapper

The list of senior terrorists killed during the Obama presidency is fairly extensive.
There’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.
Earlier this month officials confirmed that al Qaeda’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.
In August, ‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.
In June, one of the group’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-Qa’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.
Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.
Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.
In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.
Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.
In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.
In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.
In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.
In May, al Qaeda’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.
In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.
Remember when Rudy Giuliani warned that electing Barack Obama would mean that the U.S. played defense, not offense, against the terrorists?
If this is defense, what does offense look like?

The Terrorist Notches on Obama’s Belt - ABC News
-Jake Tapper
And??? Are we any safer today???

Terrorist groups function like a corporation. The President dies and someone else steps into their place and the company continues business as usual. They continue to hire, they continue to grow, they continue to promote, groom people to climb the ladder, they continue to find new ways to improve the product - in this terrorism.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:23 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually Romney already declared he would flood weapons to Syria where al Qaeda is active. Secondly Obama has done nothing regarding Hamas, but Bush actually put them in power in Palestine. Bush also bullied israel into pulling their troops and civilians out of gaza, where Hamas is now in full control. Bush also opened the "university of terror" in Iraq which gave an untold number of people an opportunity to become terrorists.
Under Obama the US is already smuggling weapons into Syria. Intel agencies have determined that those weapons, meant for the rebels, are falling into the hands of terrorists.

Obama supported the overthrow of Mubarak, backing the Muslim Brotherhood - which at one time was classified as a terrorist group, but continue to maintain relations with radical Salafists. The Salafists are suspected of being responsible for the attack on the Benghazi compound.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Man, you really should expand your horizons.

Obama Skips Intel Briefings. WaPo Fact Checker Covers It Up.

Quote:
As far as the security for the consulant in Libya, I guess that you did not get the memo that your republican pals cut the security budget.

GOP Rep: I ‘Absolutely’ Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security
Quote:
You do realize that the congress controls the budget and that is presently controlled by the republicans. Oh btw national security funding does not cover the Embassies. Here let me show it to you again who actually cut the funding for the embassies and when:
Jason Chaffetz Admits House GOP Cut Funding For Embassy Security:
I guess that you did not get the memo that both Democrats and Republicans in the House get to vote.

Dems accuse GOP of cutting security funding in Libya despite majority Dem support for vote.

" In fact, more House Democrats – 149 of them — voted for the cuts than did House Republicans, of which 147 voted for them."

Regardless, we have marines in places like Belize. Surely the existing budget was enough to cover their airfare from the Caribbean to Libya.

Quote:
Why were'nt you concerned about the debt 4 years ago or is it because faux and rush told you to?
Many people were concerned with the debt 4 years ago. It also wasn't $16 trillion then.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Man, you really should expand your horizons.

Obama Skips Intel Briefings. WaPo Fact Checker Covers It Up.

Is this the right wing version of the original fact checker

I guess that you did not get the memo that both Democrats and Republicans in the House get to vote.

Dems accuse GOP of cutting security funding in Libya despite majority Dem support for vote.

" In fact, more House Democrats – 149 of them — voted for the cuts than did House Republicans, of which 147 voted for them."

Regardless, we have marines in places like Belize. Surely the existing budget was enough to cover their airfare from the Caribbean to Libya.

Like I said before you are getting your information from a right wing site, so that eventhough the republicans openly admit that they had the majority and voted to cut the embassy security funding you still choose to ignore it.

Many people were concerned with the debt 4 years ago. It also wasn't $16 trillion then.
No, it was not made an issue because bush/cheney had everyone so scared of the "boogeyman Bin Laden that no one pay any attention that he was fighting a bogus war on an I.O.U. Now in order to get us out of the mess and spend our money on us through repairing the infrastructure which provides jobs or help our teachers which helps our future, all of the sudden spending is an issue

Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 AM

Good grief. For starters, why don't you take off your partisan eyeglasses and click on the link where "149 of them" is in my post. It connects to "Open Congress for the 112th United States Congress", a non-profit, non-partisan resource.

You think a left wing blog is a credible source? You seem unable to discern fact from fiction, even when it stares right at you.

I gave you a quick answer to your comment about the debt. You aren't really speculating you know what others thought? The rest of your babble about infrastructure, teachers, etc. is so far off topic, I'm not even going there. If you want extended replies, start a new thread.

Last edited by CheyDee; 10-22-2012 at 12:48 AM..

Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Good grief. For starters, why don't you take off your partisan eyeglasses and click on the link where "149 of them" is in my post. It connects to "Open Congress for the 112th United States Congress", a non-profit, non-partisan resource.

You think a left wing blog is a credible source? You seem unable to discern fact from fiction, even when it stares right at you.

I gave you a quick answer to your comment about the debt. You aren't really speculating you know what others thought? The rest of your babble about infrastructure, teachers, etc. is so far off topic, I'm not even going there. If you want extended replies, start a new thread.

Now see how easy that was to check facts and find out the truth?

Ok, I'm not going to say that you are stupid or anything of that nature, but what I will say it is this. True the democrats did cut the spending for the embassies the last time that they controlled the House which was in 2010 (thats where you got your numbers from). The other thing it was not the 112th congress that did it which is controlled by republicans thus means that the dems did not have enough votes to STOP them from making more cuts. Another intersting tibit was that the democratically controlled Senate have been trying to restore the amount of funding to pre-2010 levels. Here is the site that you proably did not read through in its entirity:Dems accuse GOP of cutting security funding in Libya despite majority

Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
First through the arrogance and ignorance of many Americans manipulated by a leaning media and on top of that the lack of research on their part we assume that they want to rule the world and make everyone follow their laws. Alot of the terrorism would stop if we quit bombing the wrong places (schools, mosques, hospitals and innocent civilians), quit overthrowning their governments and officals, stealing their country's resources and giving them a fair shake at the negotiating table.

sadly if we were at the other end of the hostilities we would be doing the same thing.
You're kidding, right? It's an ideology fueled by hatred wrapped in a religious justification, and it doesn't matter what our foreign policy is, or our presence around the world, they will find a reason to proliferate their uncompromising, radical Islamic beliefs. These radicals have no power without brutality, and they have no base without rallying fellow extremists with a foreign terror agenda (something to die (martyr) for)

Thank god you don't work in our state department.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Now see how easy that was to check facts and find out the truth?
What are you talking about? I provided multiple links.

Quote:
Ok, I'm not going to say that you are stupid or anything of that nature, but what I will say it is this. True the democrats did cut the spending for the embassies the last time that they controlled the House which was in 2010 (thats where you got your numbers from). The other thing it was not the 112th congress that did it which is controlled by republicans thus means that the dems did not have enough votes to STOP them from making more cuts. Another intersting tibit was that the democratically controlled Senate have been trying to restore the amount of funding to pre-2010 levels. Here is the site that you proably did not read through in its entirity:Dems accuse GOP of cutting security funding in Libya despite majority
I won't call you stupid or anything of that nature either, but you do keep missing the point. As I already stated, we have marines in places like Belize. Surely the existing budget was enough to cover their airfare from the Caribbean to Libya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies