Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why the lack of naming your news sources? Pointing someone elses bias is very funny coming from you.

Again you make an assumption without personal experience. You don't watch FOX so how would you know anything the say or show? How can you have any credibility trashing a channel you never watch?
Whatever. You're getting very tedious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,089,946 times
LATimes gives an account of what went on from an off duty Benghazi cop. Undoubtedly an honest, un-biased, truthful person. 'Just a few neighborhood kids playing with ak-47's, RPG's, mortars. Wanted to see if they could land a mortar on a roof. A few people got killed. I'll round up the usual suspects.'
He almost changed my mind about what happened.
I'll have to watch the show repeats on Sunday at 3PM or 10 PM to make sure.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,031,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that Kos and Media Matters could easily the the bad guys. Too many of these google is your friend people also get whatever they need when they use the proper prompts there, also. It is funny that they want sources but so often don't give any.
Yes, because Google is a lefty algorithm.
Please.
Roy, do you even know what an algorithm IS?

Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,231,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yes, because Google is a lefty algorithm.
Please.
Roy, do you even know what an algorithm IS?
Do you???

Google and “The Left†Connection

"As Google Chairman Eric Schmidt prepared to face a grilling today before the Senate Judiciary Committee’s antitrust subcommittee, some media outlets were reporting that Google is trying to broaden its political connections. As it faces antitrust scrutiny for its business practices, the company appears to be trying to shed its longtime reputation as a liberal company tied at the hip to the Obama campaign/administration. In spite of these politically expedient moves to make overtures to the right and perhaps protect itself by making free market claims, facts speak louder than words." [More here.]

Left wing bias in 'googling'

"So, everyone knows that Google, like most tech companies, is left leaning, right? Well, you all know that Microsoft is behind MSNBC, right? And you know that Al Gore sits on the Board of Apple Computer, right?" [More here.]

Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,445,511 times
Quote:
Tell me, do you know what an algorithm is, and do you know how it works?
I'll wait.
Checkout the links for his sources

Old 10-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Tell me, do you know what an algorithm is, and do you know how it works?
I'll wait.
You obviously didn't read the links.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
You obviously dont know what an algorithm is, and how it works.
Speaking of which, you never answered my question, do you know what it actually is?
Yes, I do. You obviously do not know/understand that google tweaks it's algorithms.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:30 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,445,511 times
Quote:
Yep, this is an old game, you know?
Whats amusing is this comes from the faction that thinks science and mathematics is somehow "evil", but use the same to prove their "theories".
Talk about the height of ignorance.
Can't say i'm shocked this is after all the party that will take a silly thing out of context and build a whole entire convention slogan out of it.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Yes, I do. You obviously do not know/understand that google tweaks it's algorithms.
You obviously dont understand that mathematics, which is what an algorithm is, cannot be tweaked one way or another to lean either way.
In other words, no matter how much one tries, 2+2 will always=4.
I honestly dont understand what you dont get about this, math is the universal language.
Perhaps you didnt study it in school?
Chey, I like you, please dont make me disprove your "theories", I've had waaaay too many years of advanced math, and I have an engineer leaning over my shoulder right now that would love to commandeer the keyboard right now to tell you whats what.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Can't say i'm shocked this is after all the party that will take a silly thing out of context and build a whole entire convention slogan out of it.
Aint that the damn truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies