Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is Joseph Smith a prophet?
According to my belief, he was A false prophet.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Do you think Romney believes that Joseph Smith is a prophet of the Christian god?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Do you think Romney believes that Joseph Smith is a prophet of the Christian god?
Yes, I think Romney is sincere in his belief. I have more confidence in a man that truly believes in God than any atheist or agnostic.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,625 times
Quote:
Yes, I think Romney is sincere in his belief. I have more confidence in a man that truly believes in God than any atheist or agnostic.
So if as you say, Obama in a Muslim and is sincere is his belief, then you'd have confidence in him?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
You are flip-flopping more than Romney.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
You are flip-flopping more than Romney.
I see no evidence that Obama has any faith. I will vote for Romney, a man that shows evidence of a genuine belief in God.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times
I have always wondered about these conservative Republican Christians who are so very concerned about a fetus inside the womb. Yet somehow, once the child is born, none of these Republicans are all that worried if the kid goes to a terrible school, does not have health insurance, or goes to bed poor and hungry.

I don't claim to be an expert on religion, but i think Jesus was pretty clear in the Bible about how we are supposed to care for the least among our brothers and sisters. I have always found these Christian Bible-thumping Republicans to be huge hypocrites.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Quote:
He supports abortion and same sex marriage, speaks of the "prophet" Muhhamed. I can't believe he is Christian.
Quote:
If he called Mohammed a false prophet I would accept the possibility that Obama is a real Christian.
Quote:
While you're entertaining yourself being nauseated, I will be voting for a man that at least believes in God.
Quote:
If Mohammed was a true prophet then Christianity is a false religion. He was not a true prophet.
Quote:
Yes, God's Holy Word.
Quote:
There is only one God.
Quote:
Prove there isn't.
Quote:
Quote:
You know, I usually try to refrain from going after individual posters like this, but these posts are quite literally some of the worst, uneducated drivel I have EVER seen here, and this coming from a forum where guys like Hawkeye, GuyNTexas and Harrier post, so that's quite the accomplishment there.

The bottom line is that these types of posts are a shining example of everything that is wrong with religion. There are about 19 or 20 major world religions, divided into about 270 subgroups, with about 34,000 variants of Christianity, and each of them have differing views and doctrines. Also, only about a third of the world's population is made up of self identified Christians. Despite these facts, you and many other Christians (no matter their sect) act as though your word and your beliefs are self evident truths that are beyond reproach. That's just not the case, I hate to tell you. All religions throughout history have been continuously shaped and molded by man, and we can do nothing more than make educated guesses about which, if any of them, actually got it right.

I can see why you dislike Obama though, as he has shown the intellectual ability to not adhere to any one dogma, and believes that those of any faith, or no faith at all, should all be welcomed into the public square with equal respect. If I possessed the ability to drag myself down to the level of thinking only my way was correct, I'd probably feel the same way you do.

Fortunately, I don't possess that ability.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Just curious, have you heard Mitt giving "glory to Jesus Christ" on the campaign trail?

"Mormons do not believe in the Trinity as we understand it. They believe that God and Jesus were separate physical people" who dwelled on the earth, Johnston said. God was Jesus' father, and both men died.
Read more at What Do Mormons Believe? Ex-Mormon Speaks Out
That's not a very good website to explain what Mormons believe, but it's a great one to explain what disgrunted ex-Mormons with an ac to grind would like you to think Mormons believe. Here's a site where you can see what believing, practicing Mormons actually do believe. Don't bother looking at it if you'd prefer to remain ignorant on the subject.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Obama is not a Christian.
Prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies