Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
1. I picked this one because while reading it I was so disgusted by it I wanted others to see what teenagers are doing these days,

2. This is Politics and Other Controversies and I found this to be something controversial and something that needs to be discussed. WHY are our nation's youth becoming murderers over a bicycle?

3. No they don't, but how many 15 year old kids in a small town commit this type of heinous crime.

4. I don't have a political agenda, I read it, it was something worth discourse so I started a thread. As for who I support, I actually support Ron Paul. I think Obama has taken our country in the wrong direction, and the presidential election is nothing more than the picking of the tallest pygmy.

Why don't you read my original post. Nothing racial, no agenda, nothing but a heinous crime that I felt bore discussion. WHY would 2 teenagers feel that they had to kill someone for a bike?

If there is someone with an agenda, it's people like you.
Whoa! I think you should have added a qualifier there. I know many teens and NONE of them act like the ones in your posted article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Locally we had a young kid murdered by a pack of other teenagers( all spanish, most illegals) over a pair of knock off sneakers. Its the decay of society, the collapse of the family, the diseased culture. In Philly a pack of teens( all white) jured and killed a white kid for his paycheck. In Philly a pack( all black) beat a white man in the subway until he died of a heart attack.
I initially thought the mother of these two animals did the right thing and maybe wasn't to blame for their actions. But to have TWO defectives like that for sons she must have abdicated her parental duties somewhere along the line. Its not about race, its about tolerating violence and abandoning responsibility and values.
I guess it's easier to automatically jump to this belief instead of investing any time in reading and learning about crime trends, society, history, etc.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Umm...no. I'm not the one posting such articles in this section of the site; I'm simply calling you out.
This section of the site is Politics and OTHER CONTROVERSIES. The fact that more and more of out nation's youth are resorting to criminal acts is a controversial subject and worth discourse.

You can call out all you want, I simply started the thread so it could be discussed.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Whoa! I think you should have added a qualifier there. I know many teens and NONE of them act like the ones in your posted article.
Sorry, maybe a qualifier of SOME teens would be better, but the fact is, teen violence to simply take something the victim has, is becoming more and more prevalent. The "I want" vs morality is importnt to discuss. Why is it becoming more common. We aren't just discussing teen killers, but teen killers that are doing so, because they want property the victim has.

What is the thought process behind, "someone has a bike, so I will just kill the and dump the body so I can have their stuff". Why are teenagers not doing paper routes, or mowing lawns to earn money. I know that jobs are hard to come by, but seriously? At age 15, I was mowing lawns for a couple of dollars, so I could earn enough money to buy things I wanted.

How many people here heard this from their parents. "If you want (fill in the blank), get a job, and earn the money yourself and go buy it!".

Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
White on white killings like the one you describe are virtually always done by the one rare person who has some deeply troubled psychological issue. Similar murders committed by blacks, like the one in new jersey, always appear to happen in groups or packs. That suggests completely different motives that have little correlation with each other. The crazy white man kills because it feeds his compulsion in some way. How do you explain why groups of random black teens get together to murder delivery drivers, etc. It goes against all probability for so many violent sociopaths to all agree to commit a crime like that - unless, they simply agree to commit murder for the thrill of it. Kind of like walking into a convenience store, grabbing stuff and running. It's no different to them because they hold neither with anymore value than the other. The crazy white guy is more methodical and calculated. He's not killing because he sees absolutely no value in life and treats it as such, like those black teens; he's doing it to satisfy his own perverted needs. Anyway, that's just my take on it.
It isn't rare at all. What is the difference between a bunch of white killers or serial killers or a group of black committing crimes? Who cares what the reason are for killing. That makes no difference at all.

"He's not killing because he sees absolutely no value in life"?
How do you know what these psycho killers are thinking? It's easy to defend people you don't have a clue about on a individual basis right? When a high number of white men kill there wives within a short period of time around the country, I consider that not giving a da**. How do you explain white men killing their wives over and over and trying to get away with it in this country as of the last 10-12 years? Isn't it more problematic when a large group of males kill their wives than a group of black teens killing random people? It depends on who you ask.

Your comments have no credibility at all. Next...

Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Ahh, now I see why the RWNJ are so worked up about this crime instead of the other 50 murders which happen every day. It's because it was two black males which committed the crime. Can you be any more transparent as to your intent?
Though I think this belongs in the crimes forum, there are 'typical' and 'atypical' homicides. Two teens killing a 12-year-old and stuffing her body in a bin is still, fortunately, an 'atypical' homicide. I suppose if you look hard enough you'd find another like it that day or since then, but most will be around fights, domestic violence, related to other felonies, things like that.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Sorry, maybe a qualifier of SOME teens would be better, but the fact is, teen violence to simply take something the victim has, is becoming more and more prevalent. The "I want" vs morality is importnt to discuss. Why is it becoming more common. We aren't just discussing teen killers, but teen killers that are doing so, because they want property the victim has.

What is the thought process behind, "someone has a bike, so I will just kill the and dump the body so I can have their stuff". Why are teenagers not doing paper routes, or mowing lawns to earn money. I know that jobs are hard to come by, but seriously? At age 15, I was mowing lawns for a couple of dollars, so I could earn enough money to buy things I wanted.

How many people here heard this from their parents. "If you want (fill in the blank), get a job, and earn the money yourself and go buy it!".
I'd really like to see proof of your assertions. Because from what I know about crime rates among youth, that isn't true.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 AM

19 posts, read 12,367 times
The only thing that will cure the two brothers is 6 feet of rope and a tall tree.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,548,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by code.red View Post
The only thing that will cure the two brothers is 6 feet of rope and a tall tree.
What have you got against the blacks?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM

19 posts, read 12,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
What have you got against the blacks?

Nothing. Why do you support murderers?

I judge these punks by the content of their character. They murdered a 12 year old kid for her bike. How do you think MLK would judge these punks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies