Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times

Advertisements

What a horrific crime. I send prayers to the family, and applaud this Mother for doing what must have been very hard, yet very right..sending prayers to her too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,921,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

If there is someone with an agenda, it's people like you.
Umm...no. I'm not the one posting such articles in this section of the site; I'm simply calling you out.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
1. Why pick this murder case instead of another murder case? Everyday, at least 50 people get murdered in America.

2. Why start this thread in the politics portion of the site? This has nothing to do with politics.

3. Do any murderers have morals? You act like the suspects in this case have less morals than other murder suspects.

4. You definitely have a political agenda, hence the reason you posted this particular case in the politics section when there's a "true crime" section on this site. Something tells me that, if I did a search of your comments, they will reveal that you're a Romney supporter who is attempting to cause some sort of racial divide a few weeks before a major election; with the hopes of swaying a few undecided, white voters.

I think it's pretty clear that if you really just wanted to discuss the case, you would have posted it in the "true crime" portion of the site. However, you and I both know that you have more than one agenda.
This murder case is a worthy discussion because it shows how communities have deteriorated and how parenting has lost focus.

Very worthwhile to bring up this one...

Sure, there's many others that you can probably filter through and make the same argument. But who cares? This is the one being discussed. Either discuss it or don't....

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 10-24-2012 at 09:41 PM..

Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
This is a very sad situations. What is also sad is that CNN plastered the face of Jessica Ridgeway's white killer on its main page but does not even report the story of a 12 year old killed by two black men over bike parts.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Again, what is political or controversial about this particular murder? Murders happen everyday and sadly, they will continue to happen.

Quote:
CNN plastered the face of Jessica Ridgeway's white killer on its main page
I guess they didn't do a good job because I never heard about this murder of Jessica Ridgeway.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Sooooo, no comment on the Ridgeway case I take it. Got it.
White on white killings like the one you describe are virtually always done by the one rare person who has some deeply troubled psychological issue. Similar murders committed by blacks, like the one in new jersey, always appear to happen in groups or packs. That suggests completely different motives that have little correlation with each other. The crazy white man kills because it feeds his compulsion in some way. How do you explain why groups of random black teens get together to murder delivery drivers, etc. It goes against all probability for so many violent sociopaths to all agree to commit a crime like that - unless, they simply agree to commit murder for the thrill of it. Kind of like walking into a convenience store, grabbing stuff and running. It's no different to them because they hold neither with anymore value than the other. The crazy white guy is more methodical and calculated. He's not killing because he sees absolutely no value in life and treats it as such, like those black teens; he's doing it to satisfy his own perverted needs. Anyway, that's just my take on it.

Last edited by krichton; 10-24-2012 at 11:35 PM..

Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
As for the brothers: I hope they are tried as adults. This was cold and calculated. Thank heaven the mother of the boys turned them in. What a heartache this has to be for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
known for stealing bikes?
Are you being serious?

Oh, he liked bikes. And he stole them....oh oh oh and she had a bike! Eureka, we've got our motive!

That is not a motive, the prosecution better not go to court with something so weak. They would be better off going for the racially motivated hate crime than 'it was for her huffy'.
Why even waste time with a trial. Right?

CD has got this figured out without so much as any evidence.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
What a horrific crime. I send prayers to the family, and applaud this Mother for doing what must have been very hard, yet very right..sending prayers to her too.
Exactly.

What is sad is that in a moral society, this type of behavior wouldn't be celebrated due to its rarity. In a moral society what that mother did would be the normal thing. With that being said, that is a brave woman. I can't imagine what she is going through.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,911,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is a very sad situations. What is also sad is that CNN plastered the face of Jessica Ridgeway's white killer on its main page but does not even report the story of a 12 year old killed by two black men over bike parts.
Ahh, now I see why the RWNJ are so worked up about this crime instead of the other 50 murders which happen every day. It's because it was two black males which committed the crime. Can you be any more transparent as to your intent?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Ahh, now I see why the RWNJ are so worked up about this crime instead of the other 50 murders which happen every day. It's because it was two black males which committed the crime. Can you be any more transparent as to your intent?
Why should Trayvon Martins case have received more attention than the 50 other murders that happen everyday??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies