Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, it wasn't Zimmerman's job to protect the neighborhood. He was part of a volunteer Neighborhood Watch program, not a Neighborhood, chase, apprehend and kill program.
Nobody would have had to die if the kid hadn't engaged George in a fight for his life. Watch means to watch, and to watch is not a crime, but assault is.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Even Zimmerman himself admits that he did more than just follow and watch Martin. He admits taking the gun from his car, he admits approaching Martin while armed and we have only his (useless) word for it that the tun was not already in his hand, and he admits provoking a confrontation. Zimmerman, on the other hand, was "acting all hood" by walking back from the store with Skittles and and ice tea.
Bull, he didn't provoke anything, he was blindsided.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Nobody would have had to die if the kid hadn't engaged George in a fight for his life. Watch means to watch, and to watch is not a crime, but assault is.
You know, you have a history of believing what you want to believe and ignoring the facts.

Case in point - the arrest of Rand Paul's son for being drunk and disorderly and your insistence that it was some kind of set up and that the government wanted to either arrest the entire family or to have them all deported.

I see a lot of similarities in how you insist you know the FACTS of what happened the night Tryavon died and how sure you were about what happened when the Paul kid was arrested.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
George was serving his community?

How? By taking one more black kid off the streets?

Well, get your checkbook out, claud (if you haven't already); George's lawyers are calling your name!

Actually, Zimmerman is home with his family (I'm surprised you didn't know that) - being supported in a manner I'm sure he's getting quite accustomed to by people donating to the website his lawyer set up for that purpose.

It's TRAYVON who isn't home tonight, and if Zimmerman hadn't played vigilante that night - and judge, jury, and executioner - Trayvon would be home with his family.
He's in hiding because there's racists out there that want to lynch him. They never recalled that bounty did they?
I don't know that his family is with him, and neither do you. If they are together, they are still in fear. No matter what happens, they will constantly be in fear.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Bull, he didn't provoke anything, he was blindsided.
Were you there?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You know, you have a history of believing what you want to believe and ignoring the facts.

Case in point - the arrest of Rand Paul's son for being drunk and disorderly and your insistence that it was some kind of set up and that the government wanted to either arrest the entire family or to have them all deported.

I see a lot of similarities in how you insist you know the FACTS of what happened the night Tryavon died and how sure you were about what happened when the Paul kid was arrested.
You are twisting that all out of proportion. I wanted to know the facts on Rand Paul's son, because the TSA has harassed the Paul family before and enjoy embaressing them. There were and still are legitimate questions about that arrest, but the answers aren't forthcoming. I ask questions instead of jumping to conclusions.
Everything George has said about how this went down has been confirmed. The truth is that the facts don't fit with your turning this into a race issue, so you'll manipulate them to suit your agenda. If he gets a fair trial, he will walk.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
You are twisting that all out of proportion. I wanted to know the facts on Rand Paul's son, because the TSA has harassed the Paul family before and enjoy embaressing them. There were and still are legitimate questions about that arrest, but the answers aren't forthcoming. I ask questions instead of jumping to conclusions.
Everything George has said about how this went down has been confirmed. The truth is that the facts don't fit with your turning this into a race issue, so you'll manipulate them to suit your agenda. If he gets a fair trial, he will walk.
No, it hasn't. And that is why there will be a trial in June.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
I hope he walks. There couldn't be a better punishment for him.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I hope he walks. There couldn't be a better punishment for him.
I disagree.

We don't need anymore blood on the streets.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:32 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
He was jumped for doing nothing more than following and keeping an eye on Martin
That's his fault. Nobody in their right mind abandons their car to follow a stranger that is just walking down the street and minding their own business, especially when the person is actively trying to remove the self from the situation. And for a person to do so is widely seen as a threat. For examples, see Rayon Macintosh.

Quote:
Oh, I know, that is grounds for attacking someone like Martin did in the backward society we live in in 2013 I suppose
No evidence for your claim. We know that Martin wanted to get away from Zimmerman, and that Zimmerman opposed this, from Zimmerman's own police recording, because Zimmerman was angry that "these a**holes, they always get away." But this paints Zimmerman as the aggressor, not Martin.

Quote:
Trayvon was acting all hood and Zimmerman was defending himself....the racist media was already caught and called out on doctoring the tapes
Yes, I'm sure that being a young black man walking down the street is "acting all hood" in many minds, as I've had to deal with many such people. But to rational minds, it's just walking while black, which is nothing worth notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies