Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Honey, stop spreading lies over the internet, police dispatch clearly told Zimmerman that they did not need him to follow travon!!!

At the 1:53 mark, your widdle world of confusion seems to evaporate..
George Zimmerman
She didn't listen to the tapes before and clearly still hasn't.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If he was being beaten to death then why didn't Zimmerman need medical attention?
It took him a day or so to realize he was being beaten to death. George is a little bit slow on the uptake.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Zimmerman may end up beating the rap on this thing, thanks to this outrageously bad law and the hideous court system in Florida that seems intent on applying a liberal interpretation of the laws.

I think the superficial evidence might support Zimmerman's arguments, but when one looks at the whole chain of events, I'm sorry, but all of this was of Zimmerman's making. Following a stranger in the dark may be allowed by law, but it's unwise, and it is the sort of thing that can make the person being followed suspicious and edgy. What's getting lost also is the fact that Zimmerman's footpath means it is likely that he was the one who intercepted Martin. When the confrontation took place, Martin may have wanted to go back to his temporary residence, but now had to get past Zimmerman, who had effectively blocked his return path home. That's a confrontation in and of itself, but Zimmerman operated with the knowledge that he possessed deadly force in case things got out of hand (which they apparently did).
you are stating something that hasn't even been shown yet to be true.

we have no idea who intercepted whom yet.

wasn't trayvon on a cell phone? why didn't HE call the police? or did he? (again, i wasn't there so i don't know all the facts that are going to be put out there yet)

Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The circumstances did warrant further investigation, you just choose not to accept that interpretation. A neighborhood watch program is not required to follow those guidelines, and even if it was Zimmerman was not even on "watch" at the time. There is nothing illegal about asking a suspicious-acting person what they are doing in your development. If Martin pursued Zimmerman (Zimmerman's side), or if he assaulted Zimmerman after Zimmerman confronted him, then Zimmerman is still entitled to a self-defense stance. The problem is that we will never a get a fair judgment of the facts because the media has hopelessly tainted the jury pool.
Do you think the media gave a LOT of attention to the Casey Anthony case? IMO, that case received more attention than this one. I'd say if the media wasn't able to "hopelessly taint the jury pool" for the Anthony case, not much chance they have "hopelessly tainted the jury pool" for the Zimmerman case.

Evidence of Zimmerman's "self-defense" will in fact be put on during his trial.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you are stating something that hasn't even been shown yet to be true.

we have no idea who intercepted whom yet.

wasn't trayvon on a cell phone? why didn't HE call the police? or did he? (again, i wasn't there so i don't know all the facts that are going to be put out there yet)
You should take a look at the court file and read the evidence which was turned over during discovery. The court file in this case is available to the public online. So a LOT of information is out there, available. We do have many ideas about who intercepted whom.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That link didn't work for me, but a search revealed that Zimmerman was allegedly taking Temazepam, a weak benzo. Beznos usually calm you down, they don't make you crazy unless you have a substantial history of abuse. And people with a substantial history of benzo abuse don't typically abuse sleep aids...

Sorry about the "weak link." Temazepam and Adderall. Perhaps this link is working:

Doc: Zimmerman Had Black Eyes, Busted Nose - He had been prescribed Adderall, Temazepam before shooting

Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
I notice none of the pro-zimmerman crowd answered my post. Does it seem logical to follow someone who you perceive as being crazy? Wouldn't it make more sense to call the police and let them deal with this crazy man?

At the end of the day I don't care about Zimmerman or Martin, its sad but people die everyday. I care about a law that gives people an out after they engage in a confrontational situation.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I notice none of the pro-zimmerman crowd answered my post. Does it seem logical to follow someone who you perceive as being crazy? Wouldn't it make more sense to call the police and let them deal with this crazy man?

At the end of the day I don't care about Zimmerman or Martin, its sad but people die everyday. I care about a law that gives people an out after they engage in a confrontational situation.

If you answer my last post I will answer yours in the same measure of attention.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Funny how the Tryvon fan club keeps ignoring that part:

It was Tryvon who approached and then assaulted Zimmerman.

There is no evidence of any other scenario.
except that they weren't any where near where his car was.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Nice try...there were break ins and problems under his watch. If he was off duty
Again, someone is using words like "under his watch" and "off duty."

Zimmerman is not, was not or will never be a police officer. He had no authority. Period. For pity's sake, he wasn't even a security guard who worked for the condo development!

What don't people seem to understand about this? Below is a paragraph from the Sanford Police Neighborhood Watch brochure that was handed out to everyone who attended the NW meeting, including George Zimmerman.

You will add your "eyes and ears" to those of the Police Department which cannot be everywhere, all the time, by keeping a watchful eye and open ear to what is happening in your neighborhood. You will extend their ability to provide security by reporting anything unusual or suspicious, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so they can follow up on your leads. What you will not do is get physically involved with any activity you report or apprehension of any suspicious persons. This is the job of the law enforcement agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies