Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
So far with the evidence....Zimmerman would be commended for saving his life in the process of being murdered. Not only would he have been completely stunned by the blow to the nose, the killer was slamming his head against concrete.

If a women was standing there with a gun in witness to this madness, slamming his head against concrete with the blows to the face in place, she would be fully regretful not having pulled the trigger right away dis-allowing the murderous event, and she would have been well honored by society for having the courage to do so. Regardless of race, ect. Everyone knows this.

Unless this can be properly argued, Zimmerman is to be commended for saving his life in a miraculous way in that condition.

I await one argument that is brought forward which can focus on this issue rather then the very sad excuse for human reasoning Ive seen in this thread thus far.

With the known evidence, those who mock the value of a man's life and the right to self protect, ought to be fully ashamed of themselves....The only permissible emotion is prayers for the soul of the lad who passed on, and thanks to God that yet another human being did not come to end by murder, for absolutely no reason.

I'm very dis-appointed in some of these callously marked out translations which can do nothing but insult creation.
You are aware that when Martin was shot they weren't on the concrete but in the grass.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you are stating something that hasn't even been shown yet to be true.

we have no idea who intercepted whom yet.

wasn't trayvon on a cell phone? why didn't HE call the police? or did he? (again, i wasn't there so i don't know all the facts that are going to be put out there yet)
That's an easy one. It simply makes no sense to call police in response to an immediate threat. The problem is, in order to dial the phone, you have to leave yourself completely vulnerable to the person threatening you, since to need to put your attention onto the phone, rather than the threat.

Calling the cops because someone is chasing you, is like calling the fire department from your kitchen phone, because your kitchen is on fire. You should always remove yourself from immediate danger first.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
That's an easy one. It simply makes no sense to call police in response to an immediate threat. The problem is, in order to dial the phone, you have to leave yourself completely vulnerable to the person threatening you, since to need to put your attention onto the phone, rather than the threat.

Calling the cops because someone is chasing you, is like calling the fire department from your kitchen phone, because your kitchen is on fire. You should always remove yourself from immediate danger first.
didn't trayvon call his girlfriend first and tell her he was being followed?

i am not trying to be argumentative here, because i don't know all the facts, but i thought that is what happened.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
With the known evidence, those who mock the value of a man's life
I find the way you wrote this to be interesting. So I guess you are saying Trayvon Martin's life had no value? Are those of us who feel Zimmerman should have stayed in his car and waited for the police mocking the value of life?
Quote:
and the right to self protect, ought to be fully ashamed of themselves....The only permissible emotion is prayers for the soul of the lad who passed on, and thanks to God that yet another human being did not come to end by murder, for absolutely no reason.
So God decided that Trayvon Martin should die and George Zimmerman should live? Are you saying that when approached by a stranger in the dark carrying a gun and yelling at him, a 17 year old had no right to "self protect?" I agree that we should pray for Trayvon Martin, actually for both of these 2 young men, but I do not see why the victim didn't have the same right, that is, to defend his body from harm.
Quote:
I'm very dis-appointed in some of these callously marked out translations which can do nothing but insult creation.
Huh?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Quote:

i am not trying to be argumentative here, because i don't know all the facts, but i thought that is what happened.
Sandy? This issue is that their are 911 calls by Zimmermann that were recorded calls and Trayvon's cell records when he was talking to his girlfriend in Miami saying he was scared.
He appernently felt that he was being stalked. All of this will come out in the trial.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:

Maybe that would have been his next step. We don't know. He was a teenager, and it makes sense to me that he would be talking to a friend instead of the police in that situation. I'm also not trying to be argumentative, but people always try to figure out what a victim should or shouldn't have done to prevent harm. I once did something stupid. I gave a man I met a ride. The cops never said "that was a stupid thing to do." Just because you fail to use common sense, it doesn't mean someone else has the right to harm you.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Oh, look, another thread where people get super emotional. Name calling, attacks, etc... did we REALLY need another thread about this?

Not that I've forgotten, just that I don't care. Much like I didn't care about the Casey Anthony thing. Just post in the old thread.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
If you answer my last post I will answer yours in the same measure of attention.
If you want a response you should try repeating the question. I'm not going to go searching through the thread for it.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Oh, look, another thread where people get super emotional. Name calling, attacks, etc... did we REALLY need another thread about this?

Not that I've forgotten, just that I don't care. Much like I didn't care about the Casey Anthony thing. Just post in the old thread.
So why did you bother to post this comment? You post on several forums that discuss subjects on which I have no interest. Should I post on those forums, "Why are you discussing this? I don't care."

Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Quote:
I understood that was a gated community...as well he trespassed on others property running off, we know this. It appears you would then have no argument, with any other point in my post and fully agree.

Yes, the confrontation between Zimmerman and The Skittlesbandit occured on PRIVATE PROPERTY.

I think The Skittlesbandit was scoping out properties to....well, to "refer to" in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies