Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Very well....you are fully agreeing to all points in my post other then this above.

Therefore I will maintain that all the stuff he was doing is inconsequential to the "fact that he was in the process of trying to kill Zimmerman, we know this.

The only believable reason for this to be so, is if Zimmerman could in fact identify him, correct..?

Therefore the only motive possible is that Zimmerman posed a threat to him due to what he was doing there. Also, in the 7-11 tape T is referring to and acknowledging someone outside the window while he's at the cash...and its cut short.

It Appears my entry stands where remarkably an innocent man was somehow able to stop a murderous crime is the obvious. People everywhere should be thanking God it did not happen and the guy was able to save his life. Seeing the blows to the nose area makes it a miracle deserving of thanks to God. Anything else is an insult.
^ This is bordering on insane. So totally devoid of facts and reaching so far to justify an innocent person's rights being violated before being shot and killed.

The kid had a right to be there. He was invited to stay there by a resident of the gated community.

There is absolutely no evidence that he had previously broken into peoples' homes. None.

The 911 tape has been aired: Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was suspicious and chased him down. He'd never seen a burglar, nor did a burglary happen that night... nor did he insinuate that a burglary was indeed in progress when he confronted Trayvon Martin. He simply thought that Trayvon "looked suspicious" and made some wimpy muttering about how "these a------s always get away."

He was told not to chase after him by the dispatcher, and he did. He disobeyed a direct order from the dispatcher and broke all protocol that the police had laid out for the neighborhood watch.

He antagonized Trayvon Martin. He started the fight as soon as he decided to get out of his car and confront someone who was minding his own business.

Let me ask you: if you were walking down the street and suddenly some random guy stopped, got out of his car, and demanded to know who you were and what you were doing there, and then started chasing after you, would you then decide to defend yourself?

George Zimmerman put himself in this situation. He antagonized Trayvon Martin, who acted like pretty much anyone would (running away, then defending himself). He created a situation that didn't need to happen. He overstepped his rights as a citizen and his duties as a neighborhood watchman and someone died as a result.

Your statement that a macho coward who started a fight, started to lose it, then shot dead the guy he started the fight with is a hero deserving our thanks and that this was a "miracle" of god's doing is just vile and delusional.

Invoking divinity for this dispicable tragedy? You should be ashamed.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Why do you think he will go free? Is there any specific evidence which you believe goes to his lack of guilt?
Lack of guilt? Under our judicial system it is supposed to be "Innocent until proven guilty".

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
He was detained, questioned, and released right after the shooting. He was not arrested until April.
Wrong. He was placed in handcuffs, photographed and brought to the police station for questioning. He was stopped for more than a trivial amount of time and he was not free to leave. He was, in fact, arrested. He was not charged until the state switch prosecutors because the first prosecutor did not think there was even enough evidence for a manslaughter charge.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I wasn't quoting anybody and honestly didn't have a clue who or what the hell you were on about until I looked it up. I was stating fact.

The post from NoJiveMan puts paid to your nonsense. I'd quit whilst you're behind before you embarrass yourself again.

In case you don't read it:

"In a statement he gave to police the same night he shot and killed the unarmed teen, Zimmerman wrote that he was returning to his vehicle after a police dispatcher told him over the phone to stop pursuing Martin. “The dispatcher told me not to follow the suspect and that an officer was in route,” Zimmerman wrote in the statement, which was released to the public for the first time on Thursday morning. “As I headed back to my vehicle, the suspect emerged from the darkness and said ‘you got a problem?’”

George Zimmerman Heard Dispatcher Tell Him To Stop | TPMMuckraker

In other words you got nothing.
Funny how the Tryvon fan club keeps ignoring that part:

Quote:
"In a statement he gave to police the same night he shot and killed the unarmed teen, Zimmerman wrote that he was returning to his vehicle after a police dispatcher told him over the phone to stop pursuing Martin. “The dispatcher told me not to follow the suspect and that an officer was in route,” Zimmerman wrote in the statement, which was released to the public for the first time on Thursday morning. “As I headed back to my vehicle, the suspect emerged from the darkness and said ‘you got a problem?’”
It was Tryvon who approached and then assaulted Zimmerman.

There is no evidence of any other scenario.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Video shows Zimmerman without obvious injuries - CBS News
Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News

From the photos, he wasn't hurt like you say.

Trayvon Martin case: George Zimmerman in video with NO blood or bruises on night of shooting | Mail Online
New video shows Zimmerman with NO blood or bruises on night he shot Trayvon Martin despite claiming he suffered 'broken nose'

Remember, the murder happened on 26 February.

New photos in Trayvon Martin case show injured George Zimmerman - National Crime | Examiner.com
Paramedic Michael Brandy wrote in the report, “Bleeding tenderness to his nose, and a small laceration to the back of his head. All injuries have minor bleeding,” regarding Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman Says Trayvon Circled His Car And Frightened Him (DETAILS) | Global Grind
...while Zimmerman was still on the phone, he parked his vehicle, got out and began trying to find Trayvon on foot.
No evidence?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...creates-doubt/

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ap_g...1204_wblog.jpg

Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,241,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
lol of course you "fail to see it"....like I said the standards have been upgraded. I think some of the folks here need to see the man with his vital organs hanging out before they even consider him in the right at that moment.

I on the other hand disagree that you need to be "one inch from death" to use lethal force during a physical struggle. If a guy is knocking me in the face, and slamming my head I am not going to wait until I am partially unconscious and permanently disfigured before I pull out the gat. Law or no law...I'm shootin and guaranteeing my day in court.
Upgraded when? By whom? Zimmerman claimed from the very beginning that he was being beaten to the point of unconsciousness, and that discharging his weapon was the only way to avoid imminent death or permanent disability. I don't think it's too unreasonable to assume that if this were indeed the case, Zimmerman would have at least opted to get treated at a hospital. With his claim in mind I was expecting to see a Rodney King-type photo. All I have seen so far are injuries consistent with a psychical altercation that could scarcely be deemed severely disabling, much less life-threatening.

Moreover, Zimmerman has also claimed that the point at which he actually feared for his life was when Martin supposedly reached for his gun. So which is it? Did he pull the trigger due to his fear of being beaten to death or of being shot to death with his own weapon? What Zimmerman is trying to sell as "fear" is perhaps more a mixture of extreme anger and frustration at having lost the upper hand during a fight he instigated when he tried to detain Martin.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I saw the pics.

Zimms nose was broken for sure, bloodied up pretty well.

The kid put up a fight for his life before he was shot dead - at least.
They don't know if his nose was broken because his doctor told him to go to some other doctor but he never did.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
No, it sounds like ur saying we aren't allowed to defend ourselves from thug teenagers.
The thug was arrested and hiding out somewhere.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,241,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Wrong. He was placed in handcuffs, photographed and brought to the police station for questioning. He was stopped for more than a trivial amount of time and he was not free to leave. He was, in fact, arrested. He was not charged until the state switch prosecutors because the first prosecutor did not think there was even enough evidence for a manslaughter charge.
He was not formally placed under arrest on the night of the shooting. Detained, but not arrested. The police took his self-defense word at face value and released him the same night.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Funny how the Tryvon fan club keeps ignoring that part:

It was Tryvon who approached and then assaulted Zimmerman.

There is no evidence of any other scenario.
Zimmerman also claimed that Martin punched him once, from the south, that he fell north, and then Martin mounted him there. Witnesses state that there was an altercation that moved south , past an entire house.

He also states that dispatch asked him to move his car to watch Martin early in his call. Dispatch never asked him to do this.

He also stated that Martin returned from the T- junction and circled his car. This cannot have happened in his 911 call.

He also states that dispatch demanded an address for the police to go to. Dispatch made no such demand.

He also insisted that he got out of his car to find an address, when he clearly left his car to follow Martin.

He also claims to have reached an area where he could easily see an exact address, yet he never bothers to give an address to the dispatch.

He also claims that, after ending his call, he began to return to his truck. In his call, dispatch offers to have police meet him at his truck, and he ultimately declines and asks that the police instead call him to ask where he'll be.

He also states that, when Martin appeared out of nowhere and angrily approached him, he looked down and dug through his pockets because he misplaced his phone. It makes no sense to drop your guard when someone angrily approaches, and in any event, he had put his phone away mere moments ago.

Suffice it to say, Zimmerman's testimony if full of self-serving falsehoods, so I don't really believe the part that you quoted, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies