Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
I've never read an article from a liberal pundit trying to paint conservatism in general as some sort of deranged mental disorder with no possible rational basis. What is it about conservative punditry that seems to emphasize degrading an entire worldview and a large portion of society, rather than simply those in power who practice their approximation of it? Is it philosophical differences, mental differences, "team" mentality... I don't get it.

Also, if anyone can pull up an article from a respected liberal website containing the same sort of "all conservatives are irrational morons who can't think" nonsense that would be the opposite of these articles, I would be happy to read it and recant my position.

Townhall.com::Liberals: A Puzzlement::By Burt Prelutsky

EDIT:

And more

AnnCoulter.com - Archived Article: Never Trust A Liberal Over 3 (http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=24 - broken link)

"Liberls R stupd and lovd the USSR and they all lie an cheet!"
cause it makes their readers feel good about themselves

"Gee, Im right!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Nobody will post a link! I really want to read an article from a famous, semi-respected liberal decrying all of conservative America as a horde of braindead fascists. I've never seen one before. I'm curious! I swear that I will heap benevolent praise upon the person who proves me incorrect and physically say your name followed by the catholic cross symbol thing (you won't see it but you can trust that I'll do it) if you give me just TWO articles of this type. JUST TWO, I swear. I pledge not to post another message on this board for two days if someone can accomplish the mission. And I will keep my word. I'll even write you a victory song and post the lyrics on the last message before the two-day hiatus. THREE VICTORY SONGS, in fact. And each line in an individual song with every last word rhyming. I'll change my subtitle to "Fishmonger: who got his ass handed to him by (insert name of mission accomplisher here)."
You've only given us 2 hours and are already declaring victory? Mission accomplished indeed. I've just seen this article now.

A few points to start things off:
1) Coulter is the best thing that ever happened to the left. The only people that would possibly eat her garbage are hopelessly unthinking and will never be convinced to do anything but follow the party line. She turns off the moderate swing voters and hurts her party more than helps.

2) The counter parts to Ann Coulter are people like Sean Penn, Streisand....enough said.

3) Your position is biased in that liberals label conservatives just the same way but generally with the tags "racist", "greedy" etc. and less often stupid.

When I get home from work and don't have to worry about setting off filters, I will get you the articles you want.

This is merely because I like a challenge, I actually am an independent....I hate Coulter, Ivins and all of the extremist meatheads.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Barney Frank has been out of the closet for as long as I have been alive, Larry Craig refuses to get out of the closet.

Mormonism is not well accepted by Evangelical Christians just as they don't accept Catholicism.

And those right-wing pundits are afraid of losing their radio/TV/publishing empire to the internet, thus the fearmongering of bloggery and Daily Kos.

The entire broadcast and print media are not friendly to the left. They are aligned with Corporatism and traditional Conservatism, so the liberal media point is moot; it's just more fearmongering. The right loves to exploit fear. The public broadcasters only have a bias because the right hasn't been able to sabotage the public system yet--the right's attempts through the administration were not successful.
Great argument: the Left is justified in its actions because the right is bad, bad, bad.

That's IT?

Old 10-11-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
How liberal is Hillary? You should conquer my awesome challenge, I'm looking foward to writing three songs and taking a two day break from this website.
Ha.

Your hands are so full of ass from the past week, I'm afraid you'll get a hernia.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You've only given us 2 hours and are already declaring victory? Mission accomplished indeed. I've just seen this article now.
No way! I'm just trying to prod people on. I won't declare victory, it's open until somebody finds the two articles or the thread is forgotten.

Quote:
A few points to start things off:
1) Coulter is the best thing that ever happened to the left. The only people that would possibly eat her garbage are hopelessly unthinking and will never be convinced to do anything but follow the party line. She turns off the moderate swing voters and hurts her party more than helps.
What? Coulter's awesome because she just feeds the radical left more of their ridiculous hateful garbage, hurling it back at their soul-free brains. Aren't you a real American?

Quote:
2) The counter parts to Ann Coulter are people like Sean Penn, Streisand....enough said.
Maybe, I haven't heard any of their political speech really, but they don't have bestselling novels and regular appearences on cable news and endorsements from popular pundits with top 5 radio shows.

Quote:
Your position is biased in that liberals label conservatives just the same way but generally with the tags "racist", "greedy" etc. and less often stupid.
I'll accept any articles that paint conservatives as a whole (that's the key, not just Bush, or Republicans in Congress) as any type of insult or dehumanizing deprecation. Greedy, racist, stupid, cynical, vindictive, jingoistic, you name it.

Quote:
When I get home from work and don't have to worry about setting off filters, I will get you the articles you want.

This is merely because I like a challenge, I actually am an independent....I hate Coulter, Ivins and all of the extremist meatheads.
I'm looking foward to writing my three-song concession speech and changing my name to "Fishmonger: Who got his ass handed to him by mathman." You can do it man!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Ha.

Your hands are so full of ass from the past week, I'm afraid you'll get a hernia.
Are my hands full of ass or is my ass full of hands?

Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Quote:
Jello Biafra?
Jello Biafra is one seriously disturbed individual

Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Are my hands full of ass or is my ass full of hands?
That all depends on how well you know your gastroenterologist.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
Jello Biafra is one seriously disturbed individual
California! Uber Alles! California Uuuuuber Alllllles

Uber Alles! California! Uber Alles Caaalleeeyfooornnnyuuuhhhh

Woooooooh ooooh oooooh ooooh

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5AAdd355aU

Old 10-11-2007, 03:14 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Ok, since you made this one easy for me Fish.....I will just use Molly Ivins (who recently passed away after decades as a national collumnist).

#1. Truthdig - Reports - Molly Ivins: ‘Yes, I Am Actually Calling Them Racist’

This quote is the gem of the bunch, sounds EXACTLY like coulter if you reverse the key words....lol (In fairness, Ivins was never as consistently as bad as Coulter though.)

"the Republican right-wing nut faction and their open contempt for “foreigners.” But do not pretend for one minute that it is not a craven political bow to racism (yes, racism—I am actually calling them racists...and to nativism, to xenophobia and to Know-Nothingism"

This one actually meets your initial stipulation asking for one that labels the whole opposition as "stupid" with her last 2 words.

#2: Truthdig - Reports - Molly Ivins: The New Activist Judges

"Conservatives in this country have been yipping in chorus for years about “activist judges,” and frankly, like fools, many of you bought into the phony political rhetoric"

This part talks about how republicans are mad because liberal judges keep them from ripping off people.

"As any liberal could have told you, the conservatives didn’t want a right-wing shift on the nation’s courts because of “social issues”—that’s just a handy political ploy. Honestly, people, haven’t you figured out what this is all about yet? Money. "

-------------------------------------------------
Let's go for more.....

#3 Article titled "Are they stupid or lying" about republican policies

The Free Press -- Independent News Media - Molly Ivins (broken link)

------------------------------------------------------------
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies