Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:33 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,472,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
How would the anti-choice crowd feel if many of those illegal immigrants were pregnant seeking abortions? Would the anti-choice crowd be for it since it would get rid of the "anchor baby"?

I cannot speak for the anti-choice crowd because I am part of the anti-abortion crowd. I cannot imagine how an anchor baby (an innocent) could be a life threatening issue to kill it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 04:35 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,141,125 times
This is a troubling remark. I know there have been accusations that Guttmacher is associated with Planned Parenthood, but not that they are one and the same organisation.

Guttmacher has provided many health-related studies, often on adolescent health care and in no instance did I see any reference to Planned Parenthood (in my professional life as an adolescent health care advocate).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Intersting, but the guttmacher institute IS planed parenthood so I still stand that they are exaturating the numbers to make is seem ok to do.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 PM

5,169 posts, read 11,450,581 times
Quote:
And I bet you are against the war in Iraq because our boys are dieing for no reason, but way less than 179,000 have died in the whole war, but 179,000 lives of a different issue is just a grain of sand to you. Nice.
darn right I am against the war in Iraq. But that is a whole different issue. The 179.000 were not human beings, they were POTENTIAL human beings. Big difference. I do not equate an 8 week old fetus with a child.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,472,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
This is a troubling remark. I know there have been accusations that Guttmacher is associated with Planned Parenthood, but not that they are one and the same organisation.

Guttmacher has provided many health-related studies, often on adolescent health care and in no instance did I see any reference to Planned Parenthood (in my professional life as an adolescent health care advocate).

It really doesn't matter who is connect to who. The real focus is on abortion and as many abortions as possible. Ka ching! Ka ching!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,507,452 times
The Alan Guttmacher Institute originally was a semi-automomous division of PPFA. It has been a unique and separate entity since 1977.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
If they lightened up on the strick qualifications of the adoption process, there would be a million happy couples in the USA.
And if you want to use a comparison, there are WAY more than a million unwanted illegal immigrants we are dealing with right now, but we are coping.

There would not be one 1 million people/couples that would adopt 1 + million, year after year.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:45 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,507,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
It really doesn't matter who is connect to who. The real focus is on abortion and as many abortions as possible. Ka ching! Ka ching!
Abortions are not a money-making proposition.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
If you are against deporting illegal immigrant does that mean you must take them into your home? If you are against the death penality does that mean you should have to support a murderer for what would now be his extra time in prison? This kind of argument is silly at best.

oh, ok. So you don't want women to have access to abortion, but you don't want to pay higher taxes or adopt. Nice. I guess someone will have to deal with it... as long as it isn't you.
Dream world.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM

Thanks for this clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The Alan Guttmacher Institute originally was a semi-automomous division of PPFA. It has been a unique and separate entity since 1977.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:50 PM

Actually, to my mind, it is as important who performs an abortion as who receives an abortion.

It is also important to me that the records of who does what, where, and how and who is implicated appropriate is clearly stated.

So....what does your ka ching. Ka ching imply?

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies