Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times

Advertisements

Well hopefully now we can make signficant cuts in SS and Medicare for ALL beneficiaries, not just the under 55 crowd and bring defense spending in line with what it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
All your BS is a lie, home prices are coming back, I moved to Fla and bought a home and a rental and its made 30% in value in just the past 8 months. Things are heading in a good direction, the stock market is at a new high, just what end of the world tin foil hat conspiracy world do you live in?
I would say that you seem to not have seen the DJIA today. Last I looked, over an hour ago, it was down about $200. I guess most of the traders didn't vote for Obama from what is happening there.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Not mine, but it seemed apt:

Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Possibly a very apt analogy for today. Oh well the other side would have been at it if the outcome had been different.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
With Obama's re-election, here are the realities at the end of his term

1. $24 trillion in debt. With GDP at $14 trillion and only 55% of our debt held by citizens, we will have crossed the line of no return. Japan has 185% debt relative to GDP, but has nearly 100% of its debt held by citizens.

a. further currency devaluation must occur at this time
b. inflation must increase as a result
c. the price of all commodoties will increase in the US

2. Further declines in income

With Obamacare and increased regulatory burdens on business, there will be fewer jobs and more competition for those jobs. As we have seen over the last four years, this drives down wages.

3. Erosion of savings. With increased debt and subsequent currency devaluation and inflation, financial assets held my citizens will decline in value (even with an increase in the stock market). We have seen a 40% decline in personal welath over the last four years, which will continue.

4. Limited access for medicare and medicaid patients. With Obamacare, 30% cuts in medicare reimbursement go through Jan 1st. As a result, MANY physicians will be dropping out of medicare, forcing seniors (if they want elective healthcare) to pay cash. This is in a demographic which is already cash strapped, further eroding thier standard of living.

5. States, faced with increasing debt themselves, as well as the financial obligation that the citizens have as a result of US debt, will be exploring the possibility of leaving the US. This, of course, will not happen right away, but a trapped animal will seek any means it has of escaping, and there is no escaping the financial consequences of unchecked spending.

6. Higher energy prices. The continued war on coal, as well as the unwillingness to explore oil shale and offshore drilling, will continue to drive energy prices higher. The US has the ability to far exceed the output of the Saudis now (we are #2 in the world now), but is ignoring these vast resources. We have the most natural gas resources in the world as well and are ignoring that advantage.

Those of us with land resources inside and outside of the US will be fine. Those who do not will not be fine. Perhaps Obama's election is just finishing off the US a little quicker than we had anticipated, and that may be the best thing ultimately.
YOu made a bet and stated that you would not vote for one week following the election if Romney lost.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Liberals will reap what they sow. Your rock star leader will destroy us with his Obama black liberation baggage of hate rich whites -the message of Reverend Wright. Obama has to find an excuse if a terrorist kills an American. Why? Same reason his pastor said we deserved 9/11 . The chickens have come home to roost as Wright put it.

As Obama said , the video make the terrorists kill 4 Americans. Obama can't call any muslim a terrorist as Obama sees them as justified killing any American including you.. Obama has to invent a story about a video as an excuse to protect the image of the muslims. You know. The terrorists have good reason to kill us ... and the video maker is in jail.

Thank you as always, for keeping it real. Your right, people reap what they sow, and oh are they going to pay. And care, why care, they voted for the same old, same old, crap again. Lies. Empty promises.

The dictator, is taking this Country down, i have already gotten 8 emails from friends on this forum, who do care about America.

And by the way to the person who says Housing criris is over, your full of it. I was a realtor for 15 years, have realtor friends thruout this Country. Certain States, and certain Counties, that were hard hit, are still hard hit, with an over abundance of Bank owned Properties, thousands upon thousands of listings, Repos, Pre-Foreclosures, and Foreclsoures, that are sitting empty.

I know many myself, and if you live in one of these Counties, you have seen home values decline, not appreciate. While some areas have improved, the majority of housing overall, has not. When the housing market, is booming, we have a thriving economy, everyone knows this, and we have no booming economy believe me.

People don't seem to like nice decent men, but evil liars, who can lie their way thru anything, say anything, do anything, and get away with anything so it seems?

Should any of you lose a job, this time around, or a home, as many friends i know have under Obama, no one will care this time, cause yo asked for it.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:43 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
YOu made a bet and stated that you would not vote for one week following the election if Romney lost.
How many elections are coming up in the next week?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you as always, for keeping it real. Your right, people reap what they sow, and oh are they going to pay. And care, why care, they voted for the same old, same old, crap again. Lies. Empty promises.

The dictator, is taking this Country down, i have already gotten 8 emails from friends on this forum, who do care about America.

And by the way to the person who says Housing criris is over, your full of it. I was a realtor for 15 years, have realtor friends thruout this Country. Certain States, and certain Counties, that were hard hit, are still hard hit, with an over abundance of Bank owned Properties, thousands upon thousands of listings, Repos, Pre-Foreclosures, and Foreclsoures, that are sitting empty.

I know many myself, and if you live in one of these Counties, you have seen home values decline, not appreciate. While some areas have improved, the majority of housing overall, has not. When the housing market, is booming, we have a thriving economy, everyone knows this, and we have no booming economy believe me.

People don't seem to like nice decent men, but evil liars, who can lie their way thru anything, say anything, do anything, and get away with anything so it seems?

Should any of you lose a job, this time around, or a home, as many friends i know have under Obama, no one will care this time, cause yo asked for it.

50 Cent's Laugh - YouTube

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You were told lies by Obama. Romney was the job creator not the freebee food stamp president that killed jobs to grow government dependency. Obama now owns all that depends of the government. He manipulated many to get in and the younger generation will suffer greatly with huge deficits and a much higher tax burden. Do your homework and take a good look at Greece. That is our future.
I didnt vote for Obama since I dont like him either. I did my homework thank you very much. :-)

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Support what? Nasa? Space the next frontier we had an edge in?
Did you happen to notice that NASA/JPL just landed a 1-ton rover on Mars? Nobody, absolutely nobody, can copy that.

So what "edge" has the US lost?

The 1970s-era boondoggle called the Shuttle? Good riddance. Dangerous, expensive and needlessly complicated.

The gigantic pork-barrel project known as Constellation? Good riddance to that too. That was carefully designed around directing money to the Shuttle contractors, while possibly making some rockets from the Shuttle parts bin. If they had the time.

In the meantime, it looks like we'll have the Falcon/Dragon stack man-rated by 2016, the same time Constellation might have flown Ares-I/Orion, and at a fraction of the price. (Don't worry about the contractors, though. The pork has been directed towards the SLS - known as the "Senate Launch System" - a heavy rocket to be designed by the people who have the right connections. The Senate wrote into the goddamn law that it had to have solid-fuel boosters, because Senators are so great at rocket design. And because ATK - y'know, the guys who kept OKing Shuttle launches even though they knew the O-rings weren't performing as designed - knows how to line the right pockets.)

We have launched human beings into LEO for fifty years. It is no longer cutting edge. NASA is supposed to push the envelope, not run a scheduled launch service - private enterprise does that better, and cheaper.

Or are you thinking of a different edge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies