Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,689 times

Advertisements

Combine with the fact that the tea parties biggest motivator, which is to oust Obama, will not be relevant in 2016, I'd say the tea party is on it's way out. I'm sure they will still be around but about as influential as The Constitution Party or The New Black Panthers.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:23 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Combine with the fact that the tea parties biggest motivator, which is to oust Obama, will not be relevant in 2016, I'd say the tea party is on it's way out. I'm sure they will still be around but about as influential as The Constitution Party or The New Black Panthers.
and you can add the birther movement along with it.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:

nope, the problem that liberals dont understand about the tea party is, is that the tea party is all the actual conservatives and those people who believe in smaller goverment. it has no moderate republicans or liberal democrats in it.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,257,971 times
Decimated? The GOP retained control of the House, including many Tea Party members being re-elected like Michele Bachmann. Furthermore, Ted Cruz won the TX Senate race, a Tea Party favorite.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
The New Black Panthers? Nah....the Tea Party doesn't hang around outside polling places with billy clubs.

Seriously though... at some point this country will hit the brick wall when we can't borrow any more. At that point, the party will be over and the adults on the conservative side will have to rescue the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
nope, the problem that liberals dont understand about the tea party is, is that the tea party is all the actual conservatives and those people who believe in smaller goverment. it has no moderate republicans or liberal democrats in it.
The tea party was rejected by America last night. America is not ready for that type of extreme conservatism. Either tea party adapts or it's over. You would think that you guys would have learned your lesson last night but your clinging to your same game plan.

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Yea, that's the problem.

744 posts, read 1,092,114 times
Yes.

Last night was not only the death of the bible-banging teabaggers, but of social conservatism as we know it. I don't think people fully realize the magnitude that last night's election had on our political discourse. Social conservatism is DEAD. Weed legalization and gay marriage, and a lesbo elected to congress. Obama winning a second term is of little relevance.

It's only a matter of time before we have our nation's first homosexual president. Social conservatism is relegated to the dustbin of history. And good riddance. I predict the GOP turns more into a libertarian party. And no, I don't mean bible-banging socially conservative teabagger loons from the South like Rand Paul. That wing of the party is DEAD.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Decimated? The GOP retained control of the House, including many Tea Party members being re-elected like Michele Bachmann. Furthermore, Ted Cruz won the TX Senate race, a Tea Party favorite.
Bachman barely one. Majority of tea party candidates lost, and big time. Akin, West, etc...

Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Yeah, I was going to make the same comment. The Tea Party took the House and was able to keep it.

maybe the OP thought Romney was representing the Tea Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.