Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
easy for them, they don't have the responsibility to carry it to term and take care of the next 18 years of responsibilities. and no not all ole white guys hate women. just the ones that think they should all act according to how they think.
Dang right conservatives men never take care of their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Pro-abortion is a made up right wing term. There is no such thing.
Dang right wing nuts who think someone in favor of abortion is pro abortion

Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
No, welcome to the United States of America.....where children aren't forced to beg in the streets for food like they do in third world countires.
As long as there is a rich guy to pick up the tab....

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Dang right conservatives men never take care of their children.
They would happily pay to take care of a child they forced someone else to have?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,196 times
Quote:
Dang right wing nuts who think someone in favor of abortion is pro abortion
No more than "pro-gun" means "pro-death." I support a woman's choice, but am not in favor of abortions, personally. That is what a Conservative would believe, right?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
No more than "pro-gun" means "pro-death." I support a woman's choice, but am not in favor of abortions, personally. That is what a Conservative would believe, right?
Dang republicans supporting life . If you are for the use of abortion you are pro abortion .

Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Dang republicans supporting life . If you are for the use of abortion you are pro abortion .
repugs do not "support life" otherwise they would be anti war and death penalty. pro-abortion I'll take that handle if you take anti choice

Old 11-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
repugs do not "support life" otherwise they would be anti war and death penalty. pro-abortion I'll take that handle if you take anti choice
Dang republicans just wanting death to all but the unborn

Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Dang republicans just wanting death to all but the unborn
the repugs have a lot of things wrong which is why they lost the election and will continue, which is fine by me.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:20 PM

672 posts, read 811,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
This.....

And I have to say for those that think things have changed you are sadly mistaken. Everything repeats and goes in cycles.

When Obama was elected the first time, I can't count how many people stated the GOP was done for decades. There was democrat house and senate and much like what happen in the Clinton years that has changed. The next congressional election should be about the same as Clinton's second term. Do you remember how Republicans thought there wouldn't be a second term for Clinton as they swept in to congress during his first term? Clinton loss some states but like Obama still didn't fall as much as they thought he would.

12 years of Reagan and Bush 1 (R)
8 years of Clinton (D)
8 years of Bush 2 (R)
8 years of Obama (D)

There hasn't been a solid color to the electoral college map since Reagen and I don't think we will see another time like that for many years to come. Unless...

As tradition has started to dictate with VP's do you really think when Biden gets the nomination in 4 years he will garner the same support? NY and CA have been going for Democratic Presidents since Bush 1's first term but they have elected Republican Governors. California seems to always shift every eight years. People forget or change direction.

What happens when California has a popular Governor that is running for President that is Republican? Bush 2's second term was decisive and look at his appeal now to both parties. In a couple years things could shift dramatically depending on the economy, world affairs and the cycle will continue.

Hispanics biggest issue with the Republican party is immigration. If that becomes a non-issue in the next four years the single issue of abortion isn't going to divide that vote as strongly to one party.

Personally, I would like to see in end to two-party rule and everyone having to choose and be labeled into one or the other party. I don't think that is ever going to happen in my lifetime. But let's just say in the next few years the Republicans get behind a popular west coast Republican that can win as Governor and carry CA.. The dynamics change again for a long time. If that person was Latino that will change the direction and demographics of the party for many years to come.

No-matter your opinions on single issues of homosexuality or abortion it will not be a enough to divide the election enough for Democrats. It didn't work against Reagan or Bush. Those single issues don't sway the people enough.

So no Annie53. Regardless if I agree with you personally, those issues don't stop a Republican from becoming President.
Well, I was looking at some of my older posts looking for something and came across this one. Some things of course was spot on. Particularly the point about how people have short memories.

All the posters on here in 2008 and 2012 stating the republican party is dead. They are out. The second midterm was pretty much for Obama as it was for Clinton. Only more so.

The country is represented by majority Republicans. So much for all the naive or just plain party hacks posting on this site in 2008 and 12 stating that the party is dead. That they will never come back again because of immigration and changing demographics.

Nothing ever changes. The country will continue flipping back and forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies