Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 PM

68 posts, read 52,464 times

Advertisements

This Administration is with out doubt the most corrupt in American history....makes Nixon look like a choir boy...

LT. COL. RALPH PETERS: The timing is just too perfect for the Obama administration. Just as the administration claimed it was purely coincidence that our Benghazi consulate was attacked on the anniversary of September 11th. Now it’s purely coincidence that this affair -- extra-marital affair -- surfaces right after the election, not before, but right after, but before the intelligence chiefs go to Capitol Hill to get grilled. As an old intelligence analyst, Neil, the way I read this -- I could be totally wrong, this is my interpretation -- is that the administration was unhappy with Petraeus not playing ball 100% on their party-line story. I think it's getting cold feet about testifying under oath on their party-line story. And I suspect that these tough Chicago guys knew about this affair for a while, held it in their back pocket until they needed to play the card.

I don't like conspiracy theories, I may be totally wrong, but the timing of this, again, right after the election and right before Petraeus is supposed to get grilled on Capitol Hill, it's really smells.

Lt. Col. Ralph Peters On Petraeus: "Timing Is Just Too Perfect" - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Ya....but the thing is, if true, which is how things are looking, all he can do is come clean on the whole ball of wax....which would be entirely consistent in the collapsing or folding the cards on everything and resigning...this way the resignation makes sense. A full acknowledgment conceding to a full character inefficiency, hanging the hat up on a total goof up. I think thats just it....we will find out, and he knows it so resigned, as in testifying he cannot be in honesty, together in allegiance with Obama. The resignation makes perfect sense with being manipulated.

I think there will be another distraction. The attack effort on that drone could have been planned. The drone was only 4 kl inside the allowable air space, that seems questionable to me, seems pretty close for full expectation of a passive understanding...what if Subs from distant lands were only 4kl off..? Hopefully the experts can zero in on the whole story and you know...I think the whole story is fairly transparent, at least in so far as un-answerable and important, serious question.

I would rep you 100 times if I could....!!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Oh, look - FOX has a retired Lt. Col. on speed dial, how practical.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:02 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I would rep you 100 times if I could....!!!!!
That is pathetically sad.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Oh, boy. Another person who has "intellectual" problems. You sure do attract them don't you? You are up to what, 3 now?
why is it, you take it so personal when someone doesn't agree with you? You refuse to bend and look at things from very different corners....

you take someone's beliefs and totally twist them into a personal argument...you have a lot to learn about life....and getting along with people...

Just b/c you feel one way and I feel another doesn't make you wrong and me right....
or visa versa...it is your belief, but b/c someone disagrees with you, instead of offering something constructive, you start to bully, and try to humiliate people....you love to argue and totally try to discredit someone instead of offering something constructive...

I'm not trying to change your views, don't get off the subject by personally attacking me b/c you disagree....

lets stop right now...ok? once again, we agree to disagree....

Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That is pathetically sad.
why? b/c someone is able to look at a much larger picture....

what the poster is saying is not written in stone, he/she is offering ideas, thoughts and communicating about this issue....

that is the trouble today, people cannot have a conversation without getting ugly....
they are throwing ideas out there...

Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Good for you
There is still hope for the human race...
Glad you said that, it is fishy, isn't it?
Elvis lives! I saw him at Hobby Lobby this afternoon, in the sewing section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
He wasn't the head of the CIA either.

Folks in the national security apparatus play by a different set of rules the elected politicians.

Petraeus Opened Himself To Blackmail With His Extra-Marital Affair - Business Insider
Isn't that the truth! I have a friend who works for an intelligence agency. He has to avoid, as they say, not only impropriety, but the apppearance of impropriety.

Quote:
Go back and read my posts
You refuse to get it?
You know, my church, a mainline protestant denomination, some years ago did an investigation of clergy sexual misadventures in light of the Catholic church revelations. They found out, that in our church anyway, most of it was male clergy having sex with adult female parishoners, and they concluded that in every case the minister, as a person of power over the parishoner, was in the wrong. Whether or not the woman seduces him, whatever, the minister is supposed to say no. I will add that this also holds true for female ministers, but they are not the major ones having affairs with parishoners. David Patraeus had a lot of power over people. He should have said "no".

Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So the General decided to go ahead and come out to either try and be with his mistress or to reconcile his relationship with his wife.
As a former military commander and head of an organization where plain old white bread adultery can be career ending, to have an adulterous affair with a woman rumored to have improperly accessed classified information much less to be under investigation by the FBI, there can be no doubt that if Patraeus hopes to retain what little honor that remains, he had no other choice but to resign.

Quote:
What are the reasons for Geithner, Clinton and Panetta wanting to step down?
Pretty unprecedented, Cabinet members resigning after serving a full term with a President.

Bush 44 had eight cabinet resignations.

Only one Reagan cabinet member lasted the entire two terms, not to mention four chief's of staff and six national security advisors.

Clinton had the resignation of 10 of his original cabinet members and four who were replacements.

(I guess this is going to be the basis for another birther like wave if idiocy)

Old 11-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:

what the poster is saying is not written in stone, he/she is offering ideas, thoughts and communicating about this issue....

that is the trouble today, people cannot have a conversation without getting ugly....
they are throwing ideas out there...
I don't have a problem with people offering ideas, thoughts or communicating about issues. But to deserve a rep point much less100 one should demand more more than the just the ability to put words on to a computer screen. The comment has be be at least entertaining, informative, and at least have some basis in reality.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Katiana;

I will add that this also holds true for female ministers, but they are not the major ones having affairs with parishoners. David Patraeus had a lot of power over people. He should have said "no".
Yes, he should have, and for the last time, I agree....totally!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies