Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals here in America aren't like people in Spain. Over there it seems that people have common sense and realize that any racial ephitet is wrong.

Here in the United States - liberals wear their hatred of all things white as a badge of honor - even if they are white themselves, they claim "empathy" with non-whites.

Of course our histories are different. Spain had the Moors and the conquest of South America(and much of North America too), plus the Inquisition. Here -in America we had slavery and the simlilar conquest of the native peoples. Our dealing with the problems of racial strife. division, and discrimination are more recent - and thus the scars have not yet really fully healed - if they ever will.

The difference is that it seems that in Spain, people are able to get over racial differences, whereas here in America - liberals stubbornly cling to them.

"A country divided against itself shall not stand".
Oh thank you ever so much. You should write a book, titled,
"Everything you ever wanted to know about a liberal but were afraid to ask"
this is for your post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Someone tell me if a minority ever kept you out of a job or kept you from achieving something? I'm convinced you guys are bitter old white folks mad because you feel America has gone too far left and no longer reap the great benefits you've once has before. Black s have no power in this country economically, 2% Jews have more economic clout than blacks and Hispanics together. When was the last time you've been at a minority run company? How often do you see them? How does white trash make you not sleep at night?

I'm convinced you guys are just bitter and mad and sit here and whine all day about the changing America. You see the direction it's going and you feel whites are losing power slowly. Too many minorities, too many women getting higher end degrees, women usually aren't bitter and angry racist like the men are and this poses a great threat to how America was built. I feel sorry for someone of you personally, you sit here and act like you have a 8th grade education and people red to tell you the same things over and over again, you don't care about other views, just you're own bigoted, angry views on what you feel is the downfall of this country.

Then you cry foul when token Asians vote dem 80% of the time. Felt because they're educated they'll side with you but they didn't and you're shocked.

Get over it and stop acting stupid.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
I fail to comprehend why a term which singles out race is so openly tolerated in the media and society. Should be say "latin trash" or "black trash" or "Chinese trash", our cities would be burnt down. Why "white", why not just say "trash" (if people need to say anything at all)?
I don't think the media tolerates "labels" as much as the public itself does. Media folks would not be allowed to use any of the labels you have listed above. People in general do fall into the sad state of having to use a label to describe people they see. Just yesterday, I was in a second hand store and the two ladies checking out in front of me were extremely overweight, extremely unkempt, and were purchasing nothing but JUNK...all of the latter was not my concern but it did hurt my heart to think that two ladies such as they were could not even take the time to bathe, comb their hair or put on clean clothing. What race were they?? Does it matter?? What matters is the fact that they would go out of their home shopping looking as they did and what matters is why they were both so morbidly obese when it is clearly a health issue. Were they trash?? I don't know and I would never judge..could be but those words would not have come out of my mouth.

In the USA unfortunately, people are judged by how they live, where they live, how they look and more. "TRASH" is a common description of people in general who don't CARE how they look or what kind of "vibe" they give off to those around them. Putting a color before the word TRASH or a race is so wrong, so very wrong because ANYONE could fall into that category once they stop caring about living their life in general.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I use it only when I know someone in the discussion is prejudiced against those less than lily-white to point out that there are plenty of whites that deserve the designation.
However, trying to get them to realize that there is a difference between the problems caused by socio-economics rather than race has pretty much been a losing battle.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
I fail to comprehend why a term which singles out race is so openly tolerated in the media and society. Should be say "latin trash" or "black trash" or "Chinese trash", our cities would be burnt down. Why "white", why not just say "trash" (if people need to say anything at all)?
Because its OK for liberals to label people

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Well, it IS offensive. So ~ if someone calls you 'white trash', you should be offended.

Case closed.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, it IS offensive. So ~ if someone calls you 'white trash', you should be offended.

Case closed.
If you don't deserve it, yes.
If you do, only if the truth offends you.
Most 'white trash''(of the adult variety) that I know don't give a flying you-know-what about what anybody thinks of or calls them.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
White trash can be deemed offensive but it isn't the same as cracker. As for the other groups listed, there are offensive terms already well established as I'm sure you're well aware of. Liberals by in large don't use or tolerate any of the terms as the above poster would like one to believe.
Liberals don't use or tolerate any of those terms!?! This must be your first day on C-D. Stick around a while. You'll see all sorts of offensive terms used by "tolerant" Liberals.

(And before anyone comes back with "But conservatives on C-D use offensive terms too", I would have called BS on any Conservative trying pretend that they never name call.)

Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think "white trash" is the best description for certain white people and its use doesn't offend me ... because I'm never the person being referred to. Actually, it's a milder form of description, for that ilk of person.

Way better than being called a greasy taco, isn't it?

Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You must have visited Oklahoma.
Do you consider the people of Oklahoma "trash"?

Last edited by Bideshi; 11-14-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies