Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

I don't believe there have been any deaths of Israeli civilians from Hamas firing rockets at them recently.

However there have been several deaths in Gaza, at least 9, and including civilian women and children and casualties.

The only casualties I could find on the Israeli side were of soldiers.

This seems like a deliberate escalation of conflict by Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM

27,158 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Israel killed several Hamas militants today. One was 11-months-old too, another was a three-year-old girl! Didn't know Hamas militants could be that young. Bravo Israel, king of human rights. Execute more "Hamas" children, why don't you?

Let's cry because a rocket or two scared some Israeli's pet dog, but not condemn Israel's mass murder of Palestinian civilians.

I gather Obama'record stands at 16 years old.
The son of the intended victim.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,027,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't believe there have been any deaths of Israeli civilians from Hamas firing rockets at them.

However there have been several deaths in Gaza, at least 9, and including civilian women and children and casualties.

If Hamas would fight an old-school, strait up battle mano-a-mano in the open instead of hiding in schools, hospitals, mosques, etc, the collateral deaths to civilians would be zero.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't believe there have been any deaths of Israeli civilians from Hamas firing rockets at them recently.

That's ridiculous. Tens is thousands of Israelis sit in bomb shelters while the terrorists rain missiles on them, and when Israel returns fire, you take the side of the terrorists??? If the terrorists cared about their own people they would do two things:

1. Build bomb shelters
2. Stop hiding behind the civilians while plotting murders of Israelis

Bush did a major disservice to Israel by forcing them to pull out of Gaza in 2005, and by giving Hamas legal control of the militants.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
They don't have a choice when they're being attacked by others. To "wonder if this is exactly what Israel wants", however, is absurd.
Absurd?

Kinda like the Gulf of Tonkin absurdity?

Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
A stinging critique of Israel's government from Uri Avnery, founder of Israeli peace group Gush Shalom:

"Netanyahu and Barak have decided to deliberately violate a cease-fire which had just been stabilised. At the price of great and ongoing suffering on both sides of the border, the government's aim has been accomplished: social issues will be removed from the public agenda and the election campaign."

BBC News - As-it-happened: Israel strikes Gaza

Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM

27,158 posts, read 15,330,669 times
".......and Barack", yeah right.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's interesting how people in a small strip of land can get their hands on so many rockets to fire at Israel when the land is almost completely surrounded by Israel by land and blockaded by the same. Now that "militants" have fired so many rockets at Israel it can justify "defending" itself by attacking the west bank and expanding its territory (and it can also get Iran to help the Palestinians, which would be more justification to attack Iran).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
As per your first statement research who is doing the condemnations: Arab nations.

Again research for yourself what they are currently shooting at Israel. They are using Iranian made missles that have been smuggled in. They are tearing water pipes out of the ground to create launchers They have the missles, they don't have the guidance system. So they fire 100's of them into the air at two FARMING towns and not caring what they hit. They don't even shoot toward the direction of the military bases at all. The Arabs only shoot at civilian areas. Israel fires back at the hot zone where the missles were fired from and hitting mostly militants. Would you prefer Israel do it the Arab way and fire 100's of rockets into the air and let them land wherever?
I stand corrected. Israel isn't going to wait for Iran to potentially intervene. I guess Israel isn't banking on Iran changing its 200 year old policy of not instigating a war. Instead, it appears that Israel will simply blame Iran for giving rockets to terrorists in the West Bank. In that case, I fully support taking actions against Iran's transporter beam program.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I stand corrected. Israel isn't going to wait for Iran to potentially intervene. I guess Israel isn't banking on Iran changing its 200 year old policy of not instigating a war. Instead, it appears that Israel will simply blame Iran for giving rockets to terrorists in the West Bank. In that case, I fully support taking actions against Iran's transporter beam program.
Gaza is an Iranian outpost whether you want to admit it or not.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 PM

461 posts, read 556,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
As per your first statement research who is doing the condemnations: Arab nations.

Again research for yourself what they are currently shooting at Israel. They are using Iranian made missles that have been smuggled in. They are tearing water pipes out of the ground to create launchers They have the missles, they don't have the guidance system. So they fire 100's of them into the air at two FARMING towns and not caring what they hit. They don't even shoot toward the direction of the military bases at all. The Arabs only shoot at civilian areas. Israel fires back at the hot zone where the missles were fired from and hitting mostly militants. Would you prefer Israel do it the Arab way and fire 100's of rockets into the air and let them land wherever?
The Arab nations are not the United Nations. There are 170 other countries in the UN. It's the UN making these condemnations.

Hitting mostly militants? Look at the casualty figures in the Arab-Israeli conflict from any era. For example, why did Israel attack the UN shelter for civilians in Qana, killing dozens of children when there was not a militant within sight? The Israeli Government views Arabs as inhuman and treats them accordingly, then wonders why some Arabs refuse to recognize their existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies