Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:37 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think this is a good idea. Now people will see exactly the cost of Obama Care in terms of jobs and to their bottom line. If the costs are EXPOSED... only then will people begin to see the inherent problems with the legislation
If we quit spending all our money on war toys there would be plenty of money for full UHC, paid college educations, and paying off the National Debt. Why don't we cut the Pentagon budget by 50 % and go for it...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 06:47 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Crybabies. My Kleenex stock is skyrocketing.Those who have health insurance don`t care about those who don`t.Nothing new here just typical republican greed and selfishness.

I can say I have no sorrow for those among them that could have insurance but chose not to.
That's no small number.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Smile This deserves a bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
IF this idea is so brilliant, then it should be expanded.

This sore loser should add a surcharge to his menu to reflect the $4 trillion cost of the Bush/Cheney middle east wars.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If he's cutting his employees' hours to avoid providing them the benefits of Obamacare, AND he's increasing his prices to cover the costs of the benefits of Obamacare, then HE's the one benefiting, isn't he? He's not paying to provide those benefits, but he's collecting the money anyway?????
That is the point. Business people pretend they don't like big government, but then do the opposite. They cut benefits knowing that they will not have sick , stupid and diseased workers because the government subsidizes them. If people did not have government subsidies they couldn't and wouldn't take the job at wages below subsistence. They is why they want Mexicans to have driver's licences, state benefits and free schools and medical care.

Big business and big government go hand in hand.

Top Reasons the Walton Family and Walmart are NOT
A few examples:
In Arizona, according to data released by the state in 2005, the company had more 2,700 employees on the state-funded plan.[11]
The company also topped the list in their home state of Arkansas, with nearly 4,000 employees forced onto the state’s plan according to data released by the state in 2005.[12]
In Massachusetts, in 2009, taxpayers paid $8.8 million for Walmart associates to use publicly subsidized healthcare services.[13]
Although national numbers are not available, if the cost to Massachusetts taxpayers is adjusted nationwide, the cost would be roughly $1 billion.[14]

You think its poor, politically unconnected stew bums driving this? Socialized medicine will take this monkey off the back of business.

But then again I don't know why business should be offering health insurance in the first place. They don't offer auto insurance or home owners insurance, so why isn't this up to individuals?

Old 11-22-2012, 10:01 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think this is a good idea. Now people will see exactly the cost of Obama Care in terms of jobs and to their bottom line. If the costs are EXPOSED... only then will people begin to see the inherent problems with the legislation
I hate Obamacare myself but inserting politics into your business is a dumbass idea. It's like the Chick Fil A mess. Sure, Chick Fil A had the right to hate on gays but it was a dumb business move (would you turn down money like that?) and it's the same here with this place. You'll alienate a lot of customers by bringing this up or posting it on the menu if that's what the owner is doing.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If we quit spending all our money on war toys there would be plenty of money for full UHC, paid college educations, and paying off the National Debt.
I'm from Missouri, so you'll have to show me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why don't we cut the Pentagon budget by 50 % and go for it...?
Because then you're standard of living would collapse.

Reality bites....

Mircea

Old 11-22-2012, 04:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Update:
Florida restaurant owner desperately backpedaling from previous claim of adding a menu surcharge

John Metz Denny's Obamacare Surcharge Stirs Big Mess For Restaurant Chain

So, all you have here is a big-mouthed franchisee, and a lot of other franchisees really ticked off at the idiot with the big mouth.

And there is no surcharge.

Did'nt they have a probelm with the way that they (or did not) serve blacks a few years back, I wonder if this is somehow interconnected

Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
The key is exposing the costs of ObamaCare, since those blowhard Democrats, aka the Free Lunch Party, tried to convince all of us that we could have 'free' healthcare for life if this bill was passed.

And the results are already starting to show; placing another multi-trillion dollar sack of deadweight around the necks of working Americans is yet another aburd idea from a party that has no peer in cranking them out.

If you've been to that liberal-created hellhole known as Detroit, then you're already aware of it; what used to be a city which 'thrived' by any definition of the word has become a cesspool of liberal quicksand which breeds corruption better than Octomom breeds babies.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:29 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
It won't work. The class warriors will just defame the restauranteur as greedy.
Cool, then some of the class warriors can go open their own restaraunts, where they can get their fellow class warriors to come and eat at......then they will find out what's involved in running a business, and the expenses involved foisted upon them by their fearless leader.........suddenly they may see the light.

Most likely they'll just go home, sit on the porch, smoke a bowl and b!#th about it.

YC.......

Old 11-23-2012, 07:35 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'm from Missouri, so you'll have to show me.

Because then you're standard of living would collapse.

Reality bites....

Mircea
Here's a better idea:

Ten Numbers the Rich Would Like Fudged | Alternet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies