Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Yes they are friendly but only to other conservative american whites. God forbid if you are a colored person, a foreigner or a liberal. Then they reveal their real selves.

That is certainly not the truth. Just to make a blanket statement like that is really Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
I am not red personally, nor blue but consider myself a wishful social leaning lib and live in a red state. They deal with me on a day to day basis just fine. I find we have more in common than we don't. I try and avoid political talks based on banter and stick to the weather, and general issues like gardening, etc. I have little problems. Now, I'm not stupid enough to slap on a bumper sticker on my car or a sign in my yard but other than that it's all good out here in the wild wild west. lol

I like their mind you own business attitude until they don't mind theirs and then we might have a problem. I would love a country run more like France or Germany when it comes to healthcare and retirement, and I'm entitled to my opinion when asked, but if not asked I don't announce it. I'm not rude and if they aren't rude were good to go.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Well that's you opinion and I respect that, but you should know that you are wrong. I am not calling you stupid but you are definitely ignorant to the facts. The people in the South are friendly people and some are prejudiced like people from any location in this great country. We are all more alike than we are different. If you get to travel this country you will find this on your own. Don't rely on what you hear from ignorant people on this board.
Agreed. On City-Data, civilization only exists in the northeastern megalopolis, Chicagoland, and the west coast. Everything in between is dumb, redneck, sisterhumpers. In reality, you can find wealth and poverty in every state. Every state has places of sophistication and gritty places. And to the poster above who said red states disgusted you, in most major cities even in the reddest states you can find hip, trendy, liberal areas full of hipsters and LGBTs. Try visiting Oak Lawn in Dallas, Midtown in Atlanta, Dilworth or NoDA in Charlotte, Montrose in Houston, Midtown Memphis, or even in deep red Oklahoma City you have places like the Paseo and the 39th St Strip.

To stereotype all red states as a scene from Deliverance is extremely ignorant and closed minded.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:41 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Agreed. On City-Data, civilization only exists in the northeastern megalopolis, Chicagoland, and the west coast. Everything in between is dumb, redneck, sisterhumpers. In reality, you can find wealth and poverty in every state. Every state has places of sophistication and gritty places. And to the poster above who said red states disgusted you, in most major cities even in the reddest states you can find hip, trendy, liberal areas full of hipsters and LGBTs. Try visiting Oak Lawn in Dallas, Midtown in Atlanta, Dilworth or NoDA in Charlotte, Montrose in Houston, Midtown Memphis, or even in deep red Oklahoma City you have places like the Paseo and the 39th St Strip.

To stereotype all red states as a scene from Deliverance is extremely ignorant and closed minded.

Thank you. Well said.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:41 PM

97 posts, read 417,784 times
This red state blue state stuff is a bit silly. Look at just about any election map. You will find with the exception of 5-6 states all states seam to be a red. It just so happens in many states there are blue cities big enough to turn them blue. This tread would be more acurate if the post was are city people scared to drive in the country.

Take Texas for example. Red State yes? Doe's that mean the majority of people in Austin Texas are scared to drive around in their own "red state".

Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Is it scary to drive through states like Oklahoma or Mississippi?

I imagine road trips are a nightmare for liberals.
I think most likely they are. It seems the red states have more guns then any other states in the union and they are pointed right at them. And the red states know wht they are doing.:rol leyes:

Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
A smart non-white person SHOULD be afraid of driving thru those seriously hickish small towns. I'd be no wiser to visit rural Mississippi than to whack a beehive with a stick

Old 11-17-2012, 02:54 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Can you tell us what measurements you use to conclude that the United States is definitively the best in the world? Or is this rating strictly emotive-based?
Can you get back on topic?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:57 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
It's a region in northern Michigan where hairy Italian men and even hairier Italian women settled a century and a half ago where blaze orange longjohns outsell pleated khakis 10 to 1 and young boys eat pasties three times a day, except Fridays, when they switch to walleye.
Now I get it. That comet done went clear through yur brainpan.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:58 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Can you get back on topic?
Save your scolding for the person who made an assertion other than the one in question. I would not have issued a challenge regarding the US being the greatest country on Earth had this poster not chosen to make that assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies