Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
You're a very fortunate person. I hope you're grateful. I know me and untold millions of people in this country would absolutely love to pay $500,000 in taxes!!

I am fortunate, and I thank God and hard work for it.

However, the fact is that:

1. "the rich" pay most of the taxes already

2. even ENSLAVING "the rich" does not solve our budget woes

3. revenues are nearly at 2007 levels, yet spending has skyrocketed

4. Obamacare, the EPA, and increased taxes will not restore prosperity

We are in a tailspin of increased debt, lower wages, lower savings, and higher unemployment. Oddly, the US VOTED FOR four more years of this. Obama's policies are set to keep the economy stagnant, at best, and will most likely increase unemployment and continue to escalate debt.

At the end of Obama's second term, the nation will essentially be in a position in which it cannot recover, thus ensuring the "Balkanization" of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
I would expect the definition of "rich" to be defined downwards.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I would expect the definition of "rich" to be defined downwards.
I already has been. Rich used to be equated with millionaires. Now it's mere middle managers making $200K per year.
That should tell you which way America is headed and it ain't UP.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I already has been. Rich used to be equated with millionaires. Now it's mere middle managers making $200K per year.
How is a 250k household rich? That's a good question. I always thought to be rich you had to be worth at least 1 million. Anyone below that is upper middle class. The fact of the matter is, the ultra rich at the very top hate competition and want to tax the nouveau riche into oblivion so they can't climb up into the exclusive millionaire and billionaire club. It's no coincidence that the people pushing this are the richest of the rich like Gates and Buffet. The idiot liberals lap that **** up real good. The sub 1 million dollar crowd are the real job creators, not the millionaires and above who leach off of government more than the 6 figure crowd.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Its been that way for decades. It's the result of both parties hitching their wagon to the middle class in order to pass a bill that benefits a few at the expense of the many.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How is a 250k household rich? That's a good question. I.

That's Obama's definition.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Its been that way for decades. It's the result of both parties hitching their wagon to the middle class in order to pass a bill that benefits a few at the expense of the many.
No it hasn't. $200K was defined as the rich in 2009.
Don't you remember those debates ?

Upper middle class is now the wealthy.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
No it hasn't. $200K was defined as the rich in 2009.
Don't you remember those debates ?

Upper middle class is now the wealthy.
If that's the case the lower middle class has moved up a rung right? They are now the "upper" middle-class. Maybe that's what folks wanted all along... the title... just not the perks that went with it...

Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
If that's the case the lower middle class has moved up a rung right? They are now the "upper" middle-class. Maybe that's what folks wanted all along... the title... just not the perks that went with it...
I think so. You hardly ever hear the term blue collar or working class.
I think they've lumped everyone into 2 classes now...middle class or wealthy and lowered the bar that separates the two.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
When the tax on the rich fails, they'll start looking for more people to tax. The bar will be lowered and the "rich" will be redefined. They'll call it by another name (the feds love euphemisms) but the end result will be the same - more people taxed at higher rates. They have to do that, because taxing the rich will not get us out of the mess we're in (or the bigger mess we'll have in another couple of years). When it's always business as usual those addicted to money need to find more of it to spend.

This "nobody under $250,000 will be taxed more" is a crock. Tell that story to every citizen in this country (regardless of their income) who is now paying more money for food, energy, health care and transportation. Tell that to those whose credit card rates went up as a result of Obama's new customer protection regulations. Paying more by any other name is still paying more.

Every department of the federal government should be forced (forced) to cut their operating budgets by 10%. And there should be a hiring freeze, with no new positions created and no open positions filled.

(She writes that as Obamacare and a giant new government entity is set to be created.........)

Would that fix the problem? It would be a start in changing the culture and it would help the federal deficit, but probably not. But then again, I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to fix this budget deficit. All the so-called smart people up on Capital Hill haven't a clue either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies